PDA

View Full Version : Submission tourney Dec 6th

Brad Souders
11-12-2003, 09:13 AM
For anyone around the area. We will be having another submission wrestling no gi tournment and a gi bjj tournment Dec 6th in Chambersburg Pa. Last event we only had around 16 competitors so i ran two open weight tourneys. One gi and one no gi. I heard from some atletes later of having up to 9 matches that day so i try my hardest to give everyone mat time. This is a great tourney to get your newbies started and we also have some seasoned people there to. If u want more info shoot me an e-mail at dead_warrior2000@yahoo.com

Brad Souders

Oso
11-12-2003, 09:22 AM
I'm starting to think you northern boys and midwestern boys are afraid to have a tourney in the South. ;)

wish I could but I don't have the ducks to travel that far.

Brad Souders
11-12-2003, 09:33 AM
i'll talk to the guy that runs these tournments and see how low his part of the region runs. Maybe i can hook u d@#$ southerns up with a tourney or two. And don't worry i'm not scared :D I'm the referee.

Brad Souders

Oso
11-12-2003, 09:44 AM
anyone heard of this one

http://budweiserworldcup.com/

it's in charlotte NC on Jan 10 '04

Merryprankster
11-12-2003, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I heard of it. It's one hell of a drive for me though.

Brad Souders
11-12-2003, 11:22 AM
was it called the Dale Jr classic last year?

Oso
11-12-2003, 12:14 PM
the website is a little confusing
I don't understand how they have the divisions laid out exactly.
Is it worth the $60 entry fee?

MP, I hear you. I put together the reciepts for that sport jujitsu thing I went to in NY last month and that weekend was over $500 for me.

that's why I'm trying to find stuff I can drive to and from in a single day.

FatherDog
11-12-2003, 01:54 PM
Man, it's nice to live in Jersey :D

Oso
11-12-2003, 02:08 PM
bastad !!!

;)

I can't give up my mountains or relatively low population density.

thanks for the link the other day, FT. I'd been there before but forgotten they listed events.

I'm going to try and go to that Budweiser tourney. wanna do no gi but probably need to do gi to get more experience there.

FatherDog
11-12-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Oso
bastad !!!

;)

I can't give up my mountains or relatively low population density.

Hey, we've got mountains in Jersey. There's a ski slope just outside my town, in fact.

thanks for the link the other day, FT. I'd been there before but forgotten they listed events.

De nada.

Why do you call me FT, by the way?

Oso
11-12-2003, 08:32 PM
cuz, i'm an idiot FD...

or maybe I was thinking of Father Time from "Posse"

i dunno...

:o

:)

FatherDog
11-13-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Oso
cuz, i'm an idiot FD...

or maybe I was thinking of Father Time from "Posse"

i dunno...

:o

:)

No golden bullets here, though. :D

Oso
11-13-2003, 02:15 PM
:D

that's a bad ass movie

it and Silverado have my vote as Best Westerns of All Time.

Chang Style Novice
11-13-2003, 02:28 PM
oso, I can't help myself - for your own pleasure, I beg of you - rent some combination of the following ASAP

High Noon, The Wild Bunch, The Searchers, Rio Bravo, Ride the High Country, Little Big Man, Unforgiven, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, Winchester '73, Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid, Shane, Junior Bonner, Red River, The Far Country, A Fistful of Dynamite, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, Johnny Guitar, 3:10 to Yuma, The Oxbow Incident, McCabe and Mrs. Miller...man, I better stop.:D

Oso
11-13-2003, 03:25 PM
I've seen at least a few of those and I stand by my statement that "Posse" and "Silverado" would get my vote. Doesn't mean they would win, but they have my vote.

Chang Style Novice
11-13-2003, 03:37 PM
Well, we both know where we stand at least. I'm right and you're wrong.;)

By which I mean, of course, you're entitled to my opinion. Heck, EVERYONE is entitled to my opinion.

Anyway, I like the old westerns more, generally.

Chang Style Novice
11-13-2003, 03:43 PM
PS - click for message. (http://laer.nu/captions/girl10.php?text=ebg13Fbeel+vs+V+pnzr+ba+gbb+zhpu+y vxr+n+phygherobff+-+V+whfg+yvxr+zbivrf+vf+nyy.)

FatherDog
11-13-2003, 03:57 PM
Gotta slide "The Outlaw Josey Wales" onto that list too, for the purity of it. The exchange with the Indians near the end is perfect.

Chang Style Novice
11-13-2003, 04:02 PM
Reply to Fatherdog (http://laer.nu/captions/guy3.php?text=ebg13Lrnu%2P+Gur+Bhgynj+Wbfrl+Jnyrf+ vf+n+tbbq+%27ha%21)

Brad Souders
11-13-2003, 07:16 PM
My god this is the biggest switch of highjacking subject i have ever seen on a thread. Even worse then my anti-grappling one. LOL :D :D

CrippledAvenger
11-13-2003, 07:30 PM
What about "Django"? IMO, the only thing badder than a gunslinger carrying a coffin around is a gunslinger carrying a coffin around that contains a gatling gun and belts of ammo.

Oso
11-13-2003, 08:39 PM
Gotta slide "The Outlaw Josey Wales" onto that list too, for the purity of it. The exchange with the Indians near the end is perfect.

'ah, reckon so'

Posse: the pacing and the musical score do it for me. there is a sence of urgency that comes across to me.

Silverado: if for nothing else, this: "I don't wanna kill you, and you don't wanna be dead"

I thought Unforgiven was possibly one of the worst ever. A shame given the cast.

there'a a lot o' good uns

and, CSN, go on a date. i recommend the shotgun approach. odds are you'll hit with someone. ;) but don't go to a movie.:p

Chang Style Novice
11-14-2003, 08:07 AM
Hey, I like date movies, too! But we're talking westerns. Actually, "Junior Bonner" and "McCabe and Mrs. Miller" would probably be pretty good date movies themselves.

The real problem with me finding a date is I have no money to speak of and no car at all. It make most grown-ups pretty much out of my league.</self pity>

Meat Shake
11-14-2003, 08:13 AM
You should be a ***** like me. Then when you get home, you can really wallow in self pity... and dirty money!

MasterKiller
11-14-2003, 08:24 AM
A Western date movie? You can't wrong with Cat Ballou.