PDA

View Full Version : The perfect system of government?

shaolin kungfu
11-12-2003, 11:16 PM
Does it exist? If so, what is it?

That's it. That's the question. Think about it for a while, and write a response.

p.s.-I don't want this to become a name calling or bashing thread. Keep it civil, keep it safe. Debate is fine, but please no personal attacks.

T'ai Ji Monkey
11-12-2003, 11:27 PM
In theory all forms of goverment are perfect, in reality they are not.
Why, because the people running those goverments are human and thus flawed.

Not all forms of goverment will work for all situations either.

The worst thing that can happen to any goverment is politicians that earn a living from it or are there for long term periods.

Create rules for politicans that allows them to draw a resonable salary but not benefit in ANY other way from their work and you will improve the goverment, also the time of their tenure should be limited.

The real problem with most goverments today is that the politicans look after their own pocket & interests more than the average citizens, it is all special interest groups and similar that make decisions now.

Most goverments today are not accountable anymore to their voters and thus got bassically free reign to do what they want to.

In short the answer.

I don't really know.
:D

Vash
11-12-2003, 11:34 PM
In theory: Anarchy.

In Reality: something similar to the U.S. government, but with constantly enforced checks and balances on power. Short terms are good, but that kind of leaves the experience thing out. If all governments which work with the "perfect" government work in the same fashion, though, that wouldn't be a problem.

shaolin kungfu
11-12-2003, 11:38 PM
"In theory all forms of goverment are perfect, in reality they are not.
Why, because the people running those goverments are human and thus flawed.

Not all forms of goverment will work for all situations either.

The worst thing that can happen to any goverment is politicians that earn a living from it or are there for long term periods.

Create rules for politicans that allows them to draw a resonable salary but not benefit in ANY other way from their work and you will improve the goverment, also the time of their tenure should be limited.

The real problem with most goverments today is that the politicans look after their own pocket & interests more than the average citizens, it is all special interest groups and similar that make decisions now.

Most goverments today are not accountable anymore to their voters and thus got bassically free reign to do what they want to.

In short the answer.

I don't really know."

Completely agree.

I got to thinking about this a little more, mostly on the rules and regulations for politicians. When rules are made, you need people to enforce them. And here, again, the human factor comes in. What keeps these people from looking the other way, or actively helping, the polticians break the rules set up for them? Short of a revolution, what can the public do?

(thank god this thread started of well, I hope it keeps goin like this:) )

shaolin kungfu
11-12-2003, 11:42 PM
"In theory: Anarchy.

In Reality: something similar to the U.S. government, but with constantly enforced checks and balances on power. Short terms are good, but that kind of leaves the experience thing out. If all governments which work with the "perfect" government work in the same fashion, though, that wouldn't be a problem."

I also agree with this. but again, how do you enforce the checks and balances (that is to say, how do you keep everyone obeying the rules set up for them)?

Vash
11-12-2003, 11:52 PM
Gonna hafta go with the honor system. Need peeps to examine actions of governing officials who will actually execute the punishments for said officials.

Same ole problem: who watches the watchmen?

shaolin kungfu
11-12-2003, 11:59 PM
Same ole problem: who watches the watchmen?

So what if you removed politicians? Remove the people that need to be watched. Would this solve the problem?

chen zhen
11-13-2003, 04:12 AM
first of all: good to see you back again, skf:)

second: i think people in general are too foolish & egoistic to rule themselves properly. no systems of government work, and anarchy does not either.

(note: anarchy cannot be compared to the US government, neither today or in the past. the present US government are working out oppressing mechanisms of their own people in a soviet-style big brother society, with the only exception that the US have better resources to actually carry it totally out.
fascism in the form of "patriotism" and racist hate-propaganda is spreading through your media to the american people. Fox channel as the worst example.its not a news program, its a one-sided racist, bigot propaganda station.)

bodhitree
11-13-2003, 07:33 AM
Shaolin
wtf you been?'

You left us then you just waltz back in like nothing happened, you think our feeling aren't hurt? I don't feel validated by that, not at all....;) :D :rolleyes: :D

Vash
11-13-2003, 07:48 AM
The man with the South Park, Satan Raping Sadam avatar feels violated.

*collective aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

bodhitree
11-13-2003, 07:55 AM
don't make me use wmd s on you , wmd s that don't exist!;) :D

Tak
11-13-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Vash
The man with the South Park, Satan Raping Sadam avatar feels violated. I'm pretty sure it was consensual.

Tak
11-13-2003, 08:28 AM
The perfect form of government is the one that places me as supreme overlord for life.

Vash
11-13-2003, 02:59 PM
Consensual? Maybe. Still, he butt-mugged the dark lord. Their ain't no coming back from that (irony on purpose).

As far has having you as supreme overlord . . . what?

Don't you read my signature? I'm a man of vision.

I know what the dilly-yo is . . . yo.

:o

shaolin kungfu
11-13-2003, 08:02 PM
"Shaolin
wtf you been?'

You left us then you just waltz back in like nothing happened, you think our feeling aren't hurt? I don't feel validated by that, not at all.... "

That's a little ghey man. My girl said almost that exact same thing.
:p
:D

I'll give the prophet 3 geusses. If he can't geuss, I'll tell you.

bodhitree
11-14-2003, 07:40 AM
sounds good
I also want the profit to prove his skills!

Vash
11-14-2003, 03:54 PM
A profit is proof of a skill.

A prophet has no need proof.

:eek:

chen zhen
11-14-2003, 05:23 PM
when does your mouth stop spilling wisdom?

:cool:

Vash
11-14-2003, 08:06 PM
When does your mouth stop spilling wisdom?

About the time it opens, actually.

chen zhen
11-15-2003, 02:48 AM
how can you speak with your mouth closed, then?

:confused:

Vash
11-17-2003, 01:10 PM
Who says I talk out of my mouth?

chen zhen
11-17-2003, 01:31 PM
what is then left but your ass?

:p