PDA

View Full Version : Ever wake up with a sore knee?

IronFist
11-13-2003, 01:43 AM
I hadn't worked out in 3 days, and this morning when I woke up my right knee hurt like hell. I was like wtf? It didn't hurt when my leg was straight, and it didn't hurt when it was bent all the way (like if I was sitting on my heels Japanese style), but in the middle holy crap it hurt so bad. I tried to squat down and I almost fell over. I couldn't put weight on it when it was bent (but like I said, when it was straight or completely bent it didn't hurt).

Weird. The pain was like something was rubbing against the back of my kneecap. The pain is almost gone tonight, but I have no idea what it came from. It better be gone by tomorrow cuz I gotta squat :)

Do you think maybe I slept on it funny or something?

Hermit
11-13-2003, 02:09 AM
Man, if that continues, you should show it to someone who knows about these things. I had the same kind of feeling once, and after that the knee was sore for months. I showed it to a doctor who said that the soft tissue around my kneejoint had been damaged and basicly the pain was my bones grinding together. Worst part is theres nothing i can do about it :mad: Well, expect build strenght around the knee...

Anyways, yours was something completely different i hope. Get well...

Toby
11-13-2003, 06:49 PM
I've had a similar pain before in the knee. No pain when straight, but progressively getting worse towards the middle ROM. I never got it bent all the way because it hurt too much. With mine, on the half a dozen occasions or so when it's happened, it was like something was stuck behind the kneecap and eventually popped back after I manipulated it a bit. Kind of like a dislocated kneecap. I don't remember how it occurred, but it wasn't from exercise or sleeping. I think it sort of happened after I'd get up after sitting down for a while.

IronFist
11-13-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Toby
I think it sort of happened after I'd get up after sitting down for a while.

I've had that happen a few times, too. I'm like "huh? Did I stand up wrong?"

ComeToJesus
11-18-2003, 09:26 PM
Yeah I get that once in a while. Especially in the mornings. Pretty much exact same thing.
Also, I'm gettin injuries a lot, and I have no clue where they're coming from. One day I woke up what feels like a dislocated shoulder, and it's been with me for a while now. Another day the knee thing.
Just recently it feels like my femur is gonna fall out of its joint. And what's even more confusing is that all this happens when I DON'T exercise much. arghhh