PDA

View Full Version : Every Beginning has and End: More time to train Kung Fu

Judge Pen
11-13-2003, 07:23 AM
My girlfriend and I effectively ended our 41/2 year relationship. I'm thinking of ways to occupy my time and more training seems like the best idea. Just be careful about issuing long-distance SD internet challenges! I've got nothing better to do! :p

Bluesman
11-13-2003, 07:32 AM
My biggest decline occured when I met my wife.

MasterKiller
11-13-2003, 07:33 AM
Too bad for you, man. That shlt can hurt.

Training is a placebo.

You need some fresh booty.

I understand Meat Shake's mom is available.

Vash
11-13-2003, 07:34 AM
My condolences . . . or cheers, whichever you feel is appropriate.

My ex and I did karate together, so I didn't decline in my training then. After we broke up, though, I broke my rib at my black belt test . . . wearing her headgear!

Since I'm still gimp, can't blame my current gf for my training woes.

Keep ya head up, nephew.

bodhitree
11-13-2003, 07:42 AM
"I understand Meat Shake's mom is available." Master Killer

Did he try to get you into one of those threesomes also.

Judge Pen
Often times positives can come from what seems negative, in the words of tupac 'keep ya head up'

yu shan
11-13-2003, 07:46 AM
Always seemed like there was a tug of war so to speak. Girlfriends want their time and your Gong Fu training demands time.

Hang in there, you probably have alot of material to practice. I`m going to train with Oso early December, I`ll stop by and pick you up, if your interested in a road trip. I`d like to see your Mantis stuff.

If you get lonely, just go walk around UT campus. The strip gets crazy.

Water Dragon
11-13-2003, 07:47 AM
Judge Pen. Go to www.mma.tv. Click on the link to the Otherground. Those guys are relationship gurus and can help you see the light.

MonkeySlap Too
11-13-2003, 07:48 AM
It's the perfect time to fix all those thing that screwed up while you were involved! It sucks, man, bt you'll have more time to train, which means you'll look better, and women will smell the testosterone off of you.

Wierd thing I've observed - the less you care to met a new girl, the more of them will come after you.

scotty1
11-13-2003, 08:07 AM
"Girlfriends want their time and your Gong Fu training demands time."

Never a truer word was spoken.

My teacher told me an interesting phrase he learnt the other day:

"Women are the enemies of heroes"

dwid
11-13-2003, 08:17 AM

How totally gay.

Water Dragon
11-13-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by scotty1

My teacher told me an interesting phrase he learnt the other day:

Here's another interesting phrase, "A cock in the bush is worth two hand jobs.

MonkeySlap Too
11-13-2003, 08:25 AM
Men are heroes because they WANT the women.

MasterKiller
11-13-2003, 08:27 AM
"Women are the enemies of heroes" The heores who say things like this also believe it's more honorable to do it with other "heroes" instead of women.

BentMonk
11-13-2003, 08:31 AM
JP - My condolences, or a high five, whichever fits. I'm a lucky bastage. My lady will tell me to get my needin' an endorphine buzz azz to class. She's noticed that I'm wierder than usual when my levels are low. :D Still, her and four kiddos have cut into the training time a bit. Like someone else said, the less you want a girl, the more of them that will hit on you. In the mean time, enjoy the freedom. Peace & Good Wishes my friend.

Water Dragon
11-13-2003, 08:33 AM
Scotty, in all seriousness, I think you misunderstood the phrase. In the Classics, the phrase is actually, "women are the enemies of ****s"

Of course, depending on the dialect I can see the confusion.

Kristoffer
11-13-2003, 08:35 AM
Hmm.. so many ways to write this...

I have to say that even if you feel bad about this now you will see that this is a possitive thing. You get to do alot of new stuff and concentrate on yourself. You don't have to think about this person all the time you can just let go and do what ever you want. Drink all day, fack some hoes or move in to a cave. It's all good

David Jamieson
11-13-2003, 08:35 AM
keep it clean guys :mad:

The more you fill your life and enrich it, the more concious of time you become so that you will find ways to enjoy all the things in your life.

Ending a relationship is one thing, it is reciprocity and compromise that builds relationships. It is common ground that cements them solid. Without common ground, it will inevitably fall down. Emotionally this is not a happy state of mind.

Doing Kungfu is an outlet that is pleasurable. I don't think having a girlfriend or wife has any negative effect on the actual practice once you find the way to make all the aspects of your life fit together.

If it is a compromise for you to your girlfriend that you do kungfu, then there is not common ground there. There is only a compromise that you do or do not choose to make. Or there is reciprocity on her part and she also has an extracurricular activity that you do not take time from her to do. Also reciprocal on your part. If you stop practicing out of some sense that she requires more of your time, then again, you have compromised which means one of two things.

1. you are not interested in really doing kungfu
2. you give more importance to your gf than your kf

#1 is something you have to consider anyway in any discipline
#2 is value based and is neither right or wrong, but if you can't find harmony, your kungfu will suffer from it :p

It's hard to look at our own relationships objectively afterall.
yin and yang :D

cheers

Water Dragon
11-13-2003, 08:47 AM
keep it clean guys :mad:

Kung Lek has pulled back the foreskin of the correct and scrubbed it down good. Nobody likes a stinky Johnson. Remember that on your adventures Judge Pen.

scotty1
11-13-2003, 09:25 AM
lol @ WD

The phrase I wrote is basically saying you can have a girlfriend but you will have to devote some of your training time to keeping her happy, which is/should be in itself pleasurable. But should you do that be prepared for it to take longer for you to get to hero standard.

Gay? I think you may need to redefine your definition Dwid. Self denial can be a terrible thing. Chin up mate.

"Doing Kungfu is an outlet that is pleasurable. I don't think having a girlfriend or wife has any negative effect on the actual practice once you find the way to make all the aspects of your life fit together"

Exactly. And to a certain extent it stops you getting obsessional about your training. To be a hero you need to do an obsessional amount of training - but with a hot lady around you're going to be distracted from that. But then, unless its your ambition to be a hero, I don't think most guys are going to mind. But it does perhaps take a while to find a good balance.

My girl and I have a sh!t load of common ground. But its only fair to her that I don't spend too much time training, and neglect her, and its only fair to me that I don't neglect my training by not spending enough time on it by spending all my time with her.

Both people in a relationship have a right to expect a balance like that.

Like the man says, yin and yang.

fa_jing
11-13-2003, 09:45 AM
If you're 100% sure that the relationship is over....

1. Don't fantasize about her. Ever.

2. If you don't want to not be unhappy, don't forget about her. ;)

MasterKiller
11-13-2003, 09:57 AM
bang her sister.

Water Dragon
11-13-2003, 10:02 AM
I have to disagree with Fa jing. The only s-e-x better than ex girlfriend s-e-x is just met you s-e-x.

You're in a position to take advantage of both if you play it right ;)

Bluesman
11-13-2003, 10:18 AM
JP,
It will take some time to get over this, hopefully you will find the right one. Untill then, I'm laughing my butt off at these replies and I hope you are too :cool:

norther practitioner
11-13-2003, 10:44 AM
Time to remember all those chicks that were like.. oh, you're a lawyer (moves in closer, as you turn,);
hey honey,

Oh thats your girlfriend (moves back or turns around)..:D

chin up, train hard.

ninthdrunk
11-13-2003, 10:44 AM
Judge Pen-

Apparently a while back when one of the associate masters was having problems with his lady, Master Leonard told him to do more Iron Palm. He said the secret to dealing with women was doing Iron Palm. That was one of the funniest things I had heard in a while, but everytime I have a friend in class who is dealing with women issues I tell him the same thing.

And remember......"THAT" is not technically considered Iron Palm.....more like hairy palm.............

Ben

Daredevil
11-13-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Kristoffer
Drink all day, fack some hoes or move in to a cave. It's all good

Truer words of wisdom have never been uttered.

Actually, good points all around. Especially MasterKiller's latest. =)

Though, in all honesty, too much time spent single and you'll be hoping you were in a steady relationship. I know I am. Casual sex and the whole lifestyle around that is nice for the ego and good for cleaning the pipes, but love is love. Word.

red5angel
11-13-2003, 11:46 AM
Nice avatar by the way JP!

Train. Train hard and train as much as you can squeeze in. My only regret about getting married is that I don't have as much time to train as I would like and I did when I was single. Use it while you have it.

red5angel
11-13-2003, 11:48 AM
fack some hoes

Ths must be some sort of obscure Nordic gardening reference?

Judge Pen
11-13-2003, 12:28 PM
Thanks guys. I am LMAO at all of this. There's nothing like letting a bunch of strangers on the internet know about the details of your personal life to cheer you up! Some random thoughts:

MK: She WAS Meat Shake's mom! :o She has no sister. :mad:

NP: I've been hit on often since I've been a lawyer, but I expect that to go away. Women can smell a single guy and they avoid it like the plauge!

I'd like to find a kung fu girl, but they are few and far between. Dated one once, and the training still suffered.

Iron Palm? Good idea. Anyone got some good jow?

"When women cry they set traps with their tears."

Daredevil
11-13-2003, 12:31 PM
Re: fack some hoes

It's an old Nordic practise, which results in nature's own body lotion which is the ointment for all manly troubles.

Well that and clubbing (in both meanings -- but 'clubbing' for girls all the same) and caves on mountains.

MasterKiller
11-13-2003, 12:33 PM
Iron Palm? Good idea. Anyone got some good jow? I prefer Eucalyptus shampoo. It makes your Iron Palm tingle all over.

Meat Shake
11-13-2003, 01:32 PM
"I understand Meat Shake's mom is available."

Actually, she is. :eek:
But if thats the kind of lady you're after... Dont say I didnt warn you. Shes a great person tho. :)

Sorry to hear that JP. But, assuming you got $$ cause you are a lawyer... $$ can make for fun times. No woman usualy = more $$... more free time... No one to tell you that you cant go to the club... :eek:
Im gonna stop there before people start arguing with me. ;)

Judge Pen
11-13-2003, 01:36 PM
The student loan officer and the mortgage company has my money. I've only been out of law school 3 years, so I'm still in a lower tax bracket.

The potential to make money. . . . that I can offer, but that's the last thing I want a girl to be interested in when she talks to me. My solution: date a doctor, they make more than lawyers!

BTW, how old is your mom and is she a doctor? :D

Starchaser107
11-13-2003, 01:51 PM
you're welcome to vent any frustrations in the ORA battle thread,
or at least oogle in our "Sexy" thread.

Judge Pen
11-13-2003, 02:02 PM
I believe I was a sponser for a girl in the "Sexy" thread.

Starchaser107
11-13-2003, 02:33 PM
well, most I can say otherwise is don't do anything unhealthy. like binge drink. i think fighting/sparring alot might be acceptable.
and enjoy being single. bless. all the best

Oso
11-13-2003, 02:38 PM
hey bro, that sucks. not much else to say about **** like that.

sounds likes it time to come to Asheville and do some drinkin'.

and ya, I was just on UT's campus and Holy Cow !!! That's certainly an inspiring place. could be a good place to get optimistic if need be.

Oso
11-13-2003, 02:49 PM
AXIOMS FOR TODAY
1. Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

2. He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

3. A day without sunshine is like, well, night.

4. On the other hand, you have different fingers.

5. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

6. Back up my hard drive? How do I put it in reverse?

7. I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.

8. When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.

9. Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.

10. Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

11. I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

12. He's not dead. He's electroencephalographically challenged.

13. She's always late. Her ancestors arrived on the Juneflower.

14. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be
misquoted then used against you.

15. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.

16. Honk if you love peace and quiet.

17. Pardon my driving. I'm reloading.

18. Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?

19. Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

20. It is hard to understand how a cemetery raised its burial costs and
blamed it on the high cost of living.

21. Just remember... if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

22. The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting
something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

23. It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end to
end, someone would be stupid enough to try and pass them.

24. You can't have everything, where would you put it?

25. Latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the
world's population.

26. If the shoe fits, get another one just like it.

27. The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by
those who got there first.

28. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish
and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.

29. Flashlight: A case for holding dead batteries.

30. Shin: A device for finding furniture.

31. As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in public schools.

32. A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

33. It was recently discovered that research causes cancer in rats.

34. Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter since nobody listens.

35. I wished the buck stopped here, as I could use a few.

36. I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

37. When you go into court you are putting yourself in the hands of
12 people that weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

38. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak

Judge Pen
11-13-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Oso
hey bro, that sucks. not much else to say about **** like that.

sounds likes it time to come to Asheville and do some drinkin'.

and ya, I was just on UT's campus and Holy Cow !!! That's certainly an inspiring place. could be a good place to get optimistic if need be.

UT is a meat market, but it's fun to drive through there. I often head down to the strip for lunch, but since I'm usually in my "lawyer outfit" a.k.a. gray suit and tie, I stand out like a sore thumb.

I'm up for a trip to Asheville. When's good for you?

Volcano Admim
11-13-2003, 03:33 PM
do it in da butt

Judge Pen
11-13-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Volcano Admim
do it in da butt

:confused: I'm sorry Volcano Admin, I'm sure that you are a nice enough guy and all, but I prefer my partners to be of the female persuasion. I'm sure you can understand.

Daredevil
11-13-2003, 03:41 PM
Okay, I'll bite ...

WHAT'S WRONG WITH BINGE-DRINKING?

Starchaser107
11-13-2003, 03:50 PM
serosis of the liver, alcoholism , nausea, loss of dexterity and motor function, deterioration of judgement....

norther practitioner
11-13-2003, 04:51 PM
Binge drinking is having more than one drink an hour... I don't know if I've ever not binge drank...

Radhnoti
11-13-2003, 05:53 PM
Sorry ....if you're sorry? ... J.P.

You'll bounce back. The girls at our kwoon thought you were quite the handsome fellow...for a lawyer. ;)

Starchaser107
11-13-2003, 06:35 PM
"You'll bounce back. The girls at our kwoon thought you were quite the handsome fellow...for a lawyer. "

*(growls~)*
sicc 'em Judge;)

Oso
11-13-2003, 08:42 PM
next weekend is good. or we can coordinate w/ yu shan.

Oso
11-13-2003, 08:48 PM
My girlfriend and I effectively ended our 41/2 year relationship.

if i didn't know you were a lawer, the phrasing here would have told me:p

Bluesman
11-13-2003, 11:35 PM
On Love Line, Adam said if you use your left hand it feels as if someone else is doing it. He added if that did not work, to try to lie on your hand till it falls asleep and then try it :p

T'ai Ji Monkey
11-13-2003, 11:47 PM
JP.

Perfect time to start jing retention and get your skill to a higher level.
:D

Kristoffer
11-14-2003, 05:31 AM
quote:fack some hoes

Ths must be some sort of obscure Nordic gardening reference?

:D I'm afraid Daredevil is correct

Judge Pen
11-14-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Oso
next weekend is good. or we can coordinate w/ yu shan.

We'll see. That may be the weekend I move in with a buddy until we figure out what's going to happen with the house.:(

MasterKiller
11-14-2003, 09:05 AM
Why'd you guys split up? Just tired of looking at one another? You don't have to answer, just curious.

Meat Shake
11-14-2003, 09:27 AM
"I'm usually in my "lawyer outfit" a.k.a. gray suit and tie, I stand out like a sore thumb"

Yuppy!
:)

"thats the last thing I want them interested in"
Unless you are just looking for some nasty fun for a bit since you are now single... :eek:

"Binge drinking is having more than 1 drink in a hour"
I thought it was drinking after you puke?

KC Elbows
11-14-2003, 09:44 AM
Well JP, good luck on all that. Avoid depressing movies, depressants, and the ORA forum. Try a feeding frenzy this weekend to keep your mind off things. Or find a bad doctor, because even bad doctors make good money. That way, she can botch operations, and you can foil her malpractice suits, thus sating both your black hearts.

Judge Pen
11-14-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
Why'd you guys split up? Just tired of looking at one another? You don't have to answer, just curious.

It sounds trite, but without going into more detail than I want to here, we just were going in different directions in life. It was amicable and inevitable, and fun while it lasted.

KC: My heart is NOT black. Maybe just charcoal gray.

KC Elbows
11-14-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Judge Pen

KC: My heart is NOT black. Maybe just charcoal gray.

You're fairly new to the forum, it'll darken up after enough "san soo vs. san shou" threads.

Judge Pen
11-17-2003, 01:11 PM
I could care less about ss v. ss. I've cut my forum teeth on all the SD junk that gets posted.