PDA

View Full Version : Wong Long movie?

Ren Blade
11-14-2003, 08:54 AM
Is there a movie based on Praying Mantis's founder, Wong Long, on his famous story on creating the style? Like sparring and having trouble winning, seeing the mantis and studying it and then training, and then using it to win?

B.Tunks
11-14-2003, 04:58 PM
Ren Blade,

As far as I am aware (and I have checked whilst in China) there hasn't been a movie based on Wang Lang's experience but there were moves to do so. Apparently they came close in the late eighties in Qingdao. Anyway, there is a documentary from Taiwan that has a a few cool seens depicting Wang Lang's supposed early battles with Han Tong and him learning from the mantis, poking it etc. It doesn't show him fighting in the temple but wandering across China. I think you can pick this up pretty easily in America. The documentary has plenty of Kevin's teacher, Shi Zhengzhong all the way through it.

Others may prove me wrong on the Wang Lang movie point though. I was told by older Cantonese that there has been a couple of representations of him in old Hong Kong television series.
Lets hope when it gets made it stars a solid practitioner.
B.T