PDA

View Full Version : MerryPrankster Re: your HUGE North American Championship belt

truewrestler
11-14-2003, 10:47 AM
congratulations! (do you only post about frustrating loses?)

http://lloydirvin.com/adult/bjj/news.html

Jowbacca
11-14-2003, 11:09 AM
Wow!
Congrats man, I was curious how NAGA went. :cool:

Lookin at Lloyd's site, you still don't have a picture up there; guess you don't want the paparazzi showin up at your house at funny hours of the night. :p

shaolin kungfu
11-14-2003, 11:12 AM
Congatrulations dude!

Water Dragon
11-14-2003, 11:19 AM
After the last thread where MP asked you to keep his body parts out of the discussion, I'm surprised to see you mention his huge anything. :eek:

:D

Congrats MP. That's good $hit!

SifuAbel
11-14-2003, 11:34 AM
Was this a picture from jail?

http://lloydirvin.com/MikeFowler/Finals/mike_mountedtriangle400.jpg

J/K :D

It looks like you were whispering, "Shh, Shh, shhhh, relax now , just go with it."

:D :D :D

rubthebuddha
11-14-2003, 11:40 AM
much proppage, MP.

that first pic with Mike Fowler definitely qualifies as one for the "0wn3d" category.

truewrestler
11-14-2003, 12:03 PM
SifuAbel, that is a picture of Mike Fowler from a previous event. James isn't pictured

truewrestler
11-14-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Water Dragon
After the last thread where MP asked you to keep his body parts out of the discussion, I'm surprised to see you mention his huge anything. :eek: Don't provoke me :p

edit: by the way... i was simply taking wording from the site, which is where HUGE came from... get ya brain ouda d gutta foo

Merryprankster
11-14-2003, 12:46 PM
Thank you.

I tend not to post about my winning. It seems self-congratulatory and unnecessary.

I won the Expert division--not bad for somebody with only 3.5 years of sub grappling, considering it's for 5 years and over.

I allowed my first opponent to take me down with a single because I was confident I could beat him and I kept expirimenting with the guillotine. I tapped him out via armbar eventually.

My second opponent, I'm pretty sure, was a shaved gorilla somebody had mistaken for a wrestler. This guy was enormous, phenomenally strong and had an exceptional base. I'm not sure how he made my weight class. My gameplan was to pull guard, never let him open my guard or get set, and keep breaking his structure down. It worked. Eventually, I got a sweep straight to mount. I let him roll me back over because I was way up on points and didn't care. He kept trying to neck crank (can opener) me, but it never really works on me very well. I have an insanely flexible neck and back. Eventually, with about 30 seconds to go, he got my legs open and I dove for his legs. I secured a kneebar but instead of finishing, experimented with going for toe and heel hold for ****s and giggles. Time ran out and I got the win.

I'd already beat the guys in the advanced division before so I didn't exactly feel like the dearth of competitors in the expert (6 as compared to 10) was a detriment.

The next day, in the combined purple brown and black belt division I encountered the divisions lone black belt (who outweighed me by 10 lbs) in my first match. We went the distance. I was able to keep him in my guard for over 3 minutes, but be eventually got my legs open and passed. He was afraid to go for a submission though because he could feel I was good at getting out from the bottom, so he just held me down for the remaining time--I also don't think he wanted back in my guard because I was really destroying his posture in there. I managed to bail back to guard eventually, with about 45 seconds left. I didn't have time to sweep him, and that's only 2 points any way (pass is 3), so I attacked his leg. He did a good job defending and the match ended. I didn't get to go to the medaling round because I didn't get the bye in the first round. Oh well. He beat everybody else and took the belt.

Next time, I'm kicking his ass.

Water Dragon
11-14-2003, 12:49 PM
*grabs pointy stick*

*pokes truewrestler in the kegel*

cerebus
11-14-2003, 08:56 PM
Dude, that pic of Mike Fowler using the "sniff my sac" submission is Eeeevil! Man, like who WOULDN'T be tapping out quickly with another dudes sweaty crotch in their face (tap, tap, tap, tap, tap!!! LOL):D . T.

truewrestler
11-15-2003, 09:36 AM
http://mflowervideo.creekwarrior.com/

Jowbacca
11-15-2003, 08:50 PM
Saw Mike Fowler and Mike Easton along with Donald Achnick and the Lloyd Irvin kids at a demo at Six Flags where we were doin a lion dance.

Ever since, I've desperately wanted to go down there and train.
I just can't see makin the drive for more than a one time trip, but not sure it's something I wanna do on just a 1-time basis.

Even their kids were bamfs.

More importantly though...
WHEN'S THE NEXT MD/VA/DC GET TOGETHER? :D

FatherDog
11-16-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Jowbacca

More importantly though...
WHEN'S THE NEXT MD/VA/DC GET TOGETHER? :D

Yeah, let me know. If it's a workable day, I may make the drive down myself. I'd love to cross hands with some KFO-ers.

SevenStar
11-18-2003, 01:49 AM
Congrats, man!

BentMonk
11-18-2003, 04:28 AM
Congrats MP!