PDA

View Full Version : concusion?

Becca
11-18-2003, 04:53 PM
Clocked myself good in the back of the head Thursday with my chucks. Stupid NOOB mistake... Anywho. I am still having problems. Someone at work suggested I might have given myself a mild concusion. Anyone here know anything about them?

My symptoms:
-Dull, nagging head ache that won't go away and sometimes spikes if I get up too fast.
- Light sensitivity, especially at night
- Sometimes get a bit dizzy or nausious(sp?) if I move to quickly

Toby
11-18-2003, 08:29 PM
Do like a doctor and get someone to shine a torch into your eye. If the pupil doesn't contract, I guess that's a symptom. No torch? When I used to play rugby, if someone took a knock to the head, the coach would cover the eye for a few seconds with his hand, then take it away to see if the pupil contracts. The contracting pupil thing might be related to the light sensitivity.

Hope that helps.

fa_jing
11-19-2003, 10:14 AM
Listen to EmptyCup. Sounds like a grade 2 concussion. You need to avoid getting hit in the head for a while, it could be dangerous. 8 weeks sounds fine.

EC - funny, I completely severed my ulnar nerve in my wrist when I was 12, Skateboarding. I had nerve replacement surgery which was partly successful.

Becca
11-19-2003, 03:29 PM
tried that hands over the eye thing and had a friend watch my pupils. She said they looked about the same size but too small? And the symptoms are getting better, just not very fast. Didn't go to the doc, though. It's been almost a week since I did it and I doubt there is anything they can do for it. I've never had any dealings with concusions but always figured they were obvious. If that is what I have, and it sounds like it is, then they are not as obvious to spot as I'd thought. Other than the head ache, it realy isn't all that bad...:cool: