PDA

View Full Version : this theory I have

abobo
11-19-2003, 03:18 AM
I've been thinking that there are probably some positive effects to be gained from walking backwards and/or with your eyes closed. Assuming you can do it in a safe place and not run into things.

I'm probably not the first person to think of it, but I thought I'd throw that out there. What do you think?

Ford Prefect
11-19-2003, 06:51 AM
I used to moon walk when I was kid.

SanSoo Student
11-19-2003, 09:13 AM
Walking backwards?:confused:

Just waste all your time walking forward...aka running.

Tak
11-19-2003, 09:48 AM
The positive effects include: falling down, walking into traffic, people tripping you, being attacked after you accidentally walk into a gender-inappropriate bathroom, ...

IronFist
11-19-2003, 05:48 PM
I saw a chick running backwards on campus a few months ago. She was looking over her shoulder.

If you run backwards you will improve at running backwards. You need to ask yourself if there is a reason that you would need to improve your backward running ability.

Azrael
11-21-2003, 03:10 PM
I've been thinking that there are probably some positive effects to be gained from walking backwards and/or with your eyes closed.

Yeah, I myself like to incorporate backward running whenever I go for a run down. I find that it helps to target muscles that are not used when running forward (obviously :p). I do this based on the theory that you need to strengthen the antagonist in order to maintain a stable balance of strength. Essentially, its an injury prevention training supplement, primarily to create stronger support in the ankles, and also to protect against nasty shin-splints. I like to do zig-zags, dodges, jumps etc too. Adds I bit of fun, is probably handy to practise, and you tend to push yourself a bit harder without realising it.

As for doing it with your eyes closed, thats a slightly different thread I think.

Colin Kennedy
11-22-2003, 10:41 PM
When strolling on campus during slow hours (weekends, evenings, summer semesters) I very frequently close my eyes for long periods of time. It's tremendously rewarding, but I can't quite say exactly how.

Cheese Dog
11-25-2003, 06:00 AM
Colin:
Accidentely strolled into the girl's locker room did we? :D:D

IronFist
11-25-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Colin Kennedy
When strolling on campus during slow hours (weekends, evenings, summer semesters) I very frequently close my eyes for long periods of time. It's tremendously rewarding, but I can't quite say exactly how.

Don't do it at night too much. You might not see the muggers approaching you.

Former castleva
11-28-2003, 01:29 PM
Great avatar,man.You rule.

Honestly,cannot see why you would do that (referring to your question).