PDA

View Full Version : Knee click

Ren Blade
11-19-2003, 10:42 AM
My right knee is clicking when I stand up from a squatted position. The pain is slowly going away, but it's still clicking. Advice? Suggestions?

It doesn't hurt when I sit in a low horse stance though.

IronFist
11-19-2003, 05:42 PM
My knees click when I bend them. They've done it for years. No pain tho. You said yours click when you straighten them out, that's weird.

Sorry, this post was of no help. I was just saying that mine have popped for years but it doesn't hurt. Hope your pain goes away soon.

Ren Blade
11-20-2003, 07:35 AM
It only started clicking a week ago which was last Friday night after practice and there was some pain. I rested over the weekend. Did alot of walking though. Then on Monday the pain was gone but the clicking remained. I continued to practice my forms with low stances and after like 3 or 4 forms, the pain returned. I avoided doing any forms and lightly kicked the bag for the next couple of days. Now today, Thursday, the pain is mostly gone but the clicking is still there. I'm gonna try sparring tonight and see how it goes.

bung bo
12-06-2003, 07:53 PM
my knees have clicked my whole life. no pain. is there anything rubbing together inside? if so, it might get serious. you might ask an orthopedist or a sports medicine doc.

sticky fingers
12-08-2003, 06:32 AM
My knees click loudly too when I squat with no pain.
I enjoy grossing people out by suddenly squatting down and letting out a bloodcurdling scream 'AAAARGH MY KNEES!!!"

sorry doesn't help your problem but do you know how you got the problem in the first place? was it a flex or impact injury?

Ford Prefect
12-09-2003, 07:53 AM
If it just starting clicking then it is most likely an inflammation of connective tissue causing it to rub over bone and *click*... especially if it started after an intense practice. This would be accompanied by light to moderate pain and soreness that would quickly subside. The best bet is to lay off intense training for a week and take some anti-inflammatories like aspirin and/or fish oil.

Clicking itself isn't bad thing. If there is pain, is when you need to be cautious.