PDA

View Full Version : bambi will cut you to the spine, spalshing your entrails in a mural of carnage

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-20-2003, 08:39 PM
yeah i know this sounds like a typical gda thread, but im honestly curious about something here. something involving deer and the amount of damage they can really do.

we were having a discussion at work today about one of my friends hitting a deer just last night. i was a little mad when he told me that he just drove off with the deer still twitching. he said he didnt have a gun, but i retorted that a baseball bat or a knife would work just as well if it's got to be done. he responded that he's been told to stay away from injured deer as they can do some serious damage if they kick you due to their extremely powerful legs. this seemed fair enough, but then our other buddy chimed in.

he was honestly trying to tell me that they have a dew claw and if they catch you with it while kicking in the throws of panic they can litterally "cut you to your spine." not just hurt you real bad or even cut you real good, but "cut you to your spine." i told him i thought that was bull**** but he kept arguing. he said deer can jump 10 foot walls (i question this too but just kept my mouth shut) so imagine the amount of damage they would do to you if they hit you with that back claw. normally i would have just dismissed it as complete ignorance but this is an intelligent guy who was really really insistant.

am i the dumb ass? i mean there's no possible truth to this right?

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-20-2003, 08:41 PM
oh ... and i know its off topic but i figure it fits right in with all the other threads about humans killing bears with chi blasts and stuff.

KC Elbows
11-20-2003, 08:45 PM
Deer hooves can mess you up. I have heard referrence to them being like razor's in regards to attacking. In addition, that's a lot of muscle and mass. There's footage of one guy who tried to hunt one with a knife. He got messed up, and that deer was not trying.

Unfortunately, messing with an injured deer is bad news.

Even worse, just got back from a short road trip, and saw a semi obliterate a deer. That was nasty.

shaolin kungfu
11-20-2003, 09:00 PM
I think if it was at the point of doing nothing but twitching, the guy could get close enough to hit it with a bat without to much danger.

I seriously doubt they can jump 10 foot walls.

P.s. why no more sick and disgusting threads gda? I really miss them

joedoe
11-20-2003, 09:03 PM
Well, antelope can jump pretty high, and kangaroos are just freakish (I have seen a kangaroo jump a 5 foot fence from a standing jump). A 10 foot wall might be possible.

CaptinPickAxe
11-20-2003, 09:04 PM
Wrong....wrong...wrong...WRONG

A deer will not cut you to the spine...where the f*ck are you living? These must be some super deer to jump 10ft walls and kill humans with thier dew claw. If a deer can jump a 10 foot wall the why the hell do I see so many dead deer tangled up in barbed wire? the musta misjudged the angle and landed on it, right? Wrong. Either I'm outnumbered by a group of pansy-ass, tree hugging deer or you live in hell and the devil is an evil buck.

CaptinPickAxe
11-20-2003, 09:07 PM
Another thing...

Were I come from, the skunks rule surpreme. They even have humans inside after dark...******* skunks roam in packs and gang-spray whatever or whoever they can.

FatherDog
11-20-2003, 09:17 PM
The dew claw thing is bull****, but deer hooves are pretty sharp. I had a deer puncture my right rear tire last week, and it takes a good bit of force behind an edge to rip through a tire, even from the side.

joedoe
11-20-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe

A deer will not cut you to the spine...where the f*ck are you living? These must be some super deer to jump 10ft walls and kill humans with thier dew claw. If a deer can jump a 10 foot wall the why the hell do I see so many dead deer tangled up in barbed wire? the musta misjudged the angle and landed on it, right? Wrong. Either I'm outnumbered by a group of pansy-ass, tree hugging deer or you live in hell and the devil is an evil buck.

Well, I live in Australia and we don't have deer so I was just supposing. However, kangaroos appear to be able to sh!t on deer in the jumping game :D

Goldenmane
11-20-2003, 09:32 PM
My uncle used to have a deer farm. The fences were pretty tall, I'd say at least 9 or 10 feet. Maybe taller. Dunno if they ever managed to jump them, though I have some vague memory of him saying they could jump 8 feet or something.

FatherDog
11-20-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by joedoe

Well, I live in Australia and we don't have deer so I was just supposing. However, kangaroos appear to be able to sh!t on deer in the jumping game :D

Not to mention those dang drop bears.

joedoe
11-20-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by FatherDog

Not to mention those dang drop bears.

And the hoop snakes.

Meat Shake
11-20-2003, 11:46 PM
"They even have humans inside after dark...******* skunks roam in packs and gang-spray whatever or whoever they can."

Hmmm... Sounds like a big stinky Skunk ****.
:eek:

shaolin kungfu
11-20-2003, 11:53 PM
"And the hoop snakes."

and the bears that aren't really bears, but call themselves bears in an atempt to trick you into being afraid of them, but their so cute, so you pet them and end up getting bit on the bum and having to go to the hospital and they ask why you would pet a bear, and you tell them "but they're not bears, and they're cute" and they say " you stupid w@nker, just because somethings cute, doesnt mean you should pet it" And your like"whatever".

I hate those things:mad:

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-21-2003, 01:07 AM
sholin kungfu .....
P.s. why no more sick and disgusting threads gda? I really miss them

well i made this one thread about a puppy and then i had to take a manditory break from the forums for a while. i promised to avoid such things in the future.

captinpickaxe .......

that's what i was saying man. but after so long of arguing i was like well what the hell do i know.

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-21-2003, 01:15 AM
puppy (http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0307160262.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg)

Volcano Admim
11-21-2003, 03:39 AM
GDA, you kick ass dude

KC Elbows
11-21-2003, 09:30 AM
Cap'n pick axe, the deer you see avoid humans, unless people are messing with them all the time, you've never seen what a deer can do.

And for further referrence on deer jumping:

http://www.kywilderness.com/media/wild/deerjump.htm

http://posters.seindal.dk/p411991_Deer_Jumping_Fence.html

http://www.hort.purdue.edu/ext/ITG_mar99.html

From the last article:

"A six- or eight-foot fence usually is recommended, but some gardeners report deer jumping over 10-foot fences."

http://www.thejump.net/humor/deertree-all.htm

On deer fighting:

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/deerhunting/1293496/detail.html

http://espn.go.com/outdoors/general/news/2001/1113/1277685.html

below is an interesting one where one guy has to slit the deer's throat to save another guy, also cites one occurence where a man suffered more than one hundred puncture woulds from antlers AND HOOVES

http://www.outdoorlife.com/outdoor/adventure/stories/article/0,13285,336316,00.html

I think some members here don't know much about deer.:p

Mojo
11-21-2003, 09:35 AM
deer dew claws are real. Here is a link to a photo.
The dew claws are the two smaller claws above the main hooves.

http://www.taxidermy.com/cat/12/art/ADFstep4.jpg

KC Elbows
11-21-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe

We're talking 400 lbs deer here, dude. As for getting caught in barbed wire, I believe "whoops" is the word for that(plus, if they hit the barbed wire, that usually means they cleared the fence, so odds are they didn't see the barbed wire). The buck isn't a devil, your deer aren't pansy ass deer, you've just never gotten one mad enough at you to find out what pansy-ass wimps humans are without tools.

Tak
11-21-2003, 09:50 AM
Many deer can jump 10-foot walls, and an injured deer could easily kill a human using antlers and hooves. Lots of people have been seriously wounded when approaching deer that they've hit on the side of the road. I grew up in deer country.

Incidentally, buffalo can jump 8 ft fences as well, which is a lot more impressive to me, considering they can weigh a couple thousand pounds.

MasterKiller
11-21-2003, 10:04 AM
buffalo can jump 8 ft fences as well, which is a lot more impressive to me, considering they can weigh a couple thousand pounds. Ummm....no. Ranchers here use regular old 4-ft cattle fences to keep their bison herds from running around loose. And yes, you can buy buffalo burgers in Oklahoma.

Meat Shake
11-21-2003, 10:17 AM
I can jump buildings in a single bound.
And on the twitching deer thing, thats why cars have reverse.
:eek:
:rolleyes:

I hit a deer in my jeep going about 40, got him right on the side of the face. He shook his head and ran away. Tough sumna*****.

kungfuyou
11-21-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
Ummm....no. Ranchers here use regular old 4-ft cattle fences to keep their bison herds from running around loose. And yes, you can buy buffalo burgers in Oklahoma.

I have seen a bull clear an 8 foot high fence!! Ever see the the little railings in the middle of a road right before a opening in the fence and cows all around? Wonder why cows don't just walk out?? Cows are stupid!! They think they will fall through the slats!! So them being behind a 4 foot fence doesn't mean they can't jump it, just means they are too stupid to not know that they can if they wanted to.

So if a bull can clear an 8 foot fence, I'll believe a dear could do 10ft!! I have heard they can. Why not, they can be shot and still keep running full speed!!

Starchaser107
11-21-2003, 11:00 AM
I've seen cows/bulls jump over fences as well, It's something you don't expect to see especially from a cow but , you'd be suprised.
Oddly enough deer were introduced accidentally to the island (Jamaica)a few years ago, and thier population is booming , getting harder to control , as there are no real deer farms here, it's just a totally new situation for us. But anyway back to the point, I've seen animals do some crazy stuff you wouldnt expect ,
like a cat running straight up a totally vertical wall up onto the roof, and it was a two story house.
If someone said a deer could jump 10 feet, and puncture a human with its powerful hooves ,I think it's well within the realm of reason.

MasterKiller
11-21-2003, 11:02 AM
I'm sure a dear can clear a 10-ft fence. I doubt a Buffalo could clear an 8-ft fence.

I live around Buffalos. People here ranch them. There is a large national preserve in Oklahoma where herds of Buffalos roam freely. I spent many, many summer afternoons out there hiking. I have seen people gored by Buffalos when they try to pet one, but I have yet to see a 2,000-lb Buffalo jump a 4-ft fence. They could easily walk straight through it and knock it down, but like you said, they are stupid; however, intelligence and leaping ability are not necessarily related.

I don't doubt a Buffalo could jump a 4-ft fence. I doubt a Buffalo could jump an 8-ft fence.

kungfuyou
11-21-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
I'm sure a dear can clear a 10-ft fence. I doubt a Buffalo could clear an 8-ft fence.

I live around Buffalos. People here ranch them. There is a large national preserve in Oklahoma where herds of Buffalos roam freely. I spent many, many summer afternoons out there hiking. I have seen people gored by Buffalos when they try to pet one, but I have yet to see a 2,000-lb Buffalo jump a 4-ft fence. They could easily walk straight through it and knock it down, but like you said, they are stupid; however, intelligence and leaping ability are not necessarily related.

I don't doubt a Buffalo could jump a 4-ft fence. I doubt a Buffalo could jump an 8-ft fence.

Yeah intelligence and leaping I wouldn't say are relaited. It's all instinct and adrenaline!! I'm sure if put in the right situation to make them want to do it, or react, they could do it. Stranger things have happened!

Tak
11-21-2003, 12:15 PM
I lived around buffalo for many years as well, in South Dakota. People ranch them there as well, and we have large herds of them in our state and national parks. An adult buffalo can jump an 8-foot fence if it needs to.

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-21-2003, 12:39 PM
kfo should now be known as the sourceofallknowlege.com.

anyone can make posts about the most off the wall **** and have at least 5 informative links within 24 hours.

ok so we have established that deer very possibly could jump 10 feet high. if not quite 10 feet it would be pretty close.

and now that i have seen a pic of that dew claw im sure they could do some pretty serious damage with it. i doubt it would cut you to the spine, but if you were really unlucky and were at just the right angle when it kicked back i bet it could possibly disembow you.

i guess it would be fair to say that my buddie's statments might be slightly embelished but not completely full of ****.

and this was all determined on good ol' kfo. where people don't make fun of others who are too lazy to use google.

KC Elbows
11-21-2003, 01:18 PM
I think it's a place where we can ask others to do the search when we are too drunk to do it ourselves.

Chang Style Novice
11-21-2003, 09:13 PM
Deer are mammals.

cerebus
11-21-2003, 10:32 PM
Ninjas are mammals too. :D

shaolin kungfu
11-21-2003, 10:53 PM
deer flip out and kill people all the time

cerebus
11-21-2003, 11:06 PM
Therefore, deer are Ninjas! :D

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-22-2003, 12:04 AM
which are totally sweet.

shaolin kungfu
11-22-2003, 12:27 AM
one time, my friend dropped a spoon, which made this deer totally flip out and kill a whole town.

FatherDog
11-22-2003, 01:32 AM
http://www.colintheriot.com/tothepain/1.htm

^--Totally sweet

shaolin kungfu
11-22-2003, 11:52 AM
Aww man,that was hilarious.:D