PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with you guys

Rory
11-21-2003, 10:48 PM
I'm a vegatarian (I have cheese occasionaly) I have a very large frame but I'm very light weight about 135 and about 6 foot. I eat very little each day about 1200 calories average in a day mostly consisting of veggies and fruits. Occasionaly maybe every other day I will have a Cup of rice and beans (sometimes barley sometimes lentils it differs sometime i will have cous cous it really differs) with dinner but besides that I have eat nothing. I read some of your guys posts about taking in massive amounts of calories and protien and I just wonder all and all how healthy are you guys? I mean do you every get sick do you ever feel tired. I dont know it just seems to me kina unatural to take so much protien and eat so much meat. heres an example of my daily meal
Breakfast:
Bread I made from Barley and potatoes with hummus across it, also 2 long carrots, and sauted spinach with garlic
Lunch
Cup of Bilberry juice and some soup I made with diffrent squashes
Dinner
Whole Grain pasta made out of wheat and flaxseed with sauted garlic and olive oil.

shaolin kungfu
11-22-2003, 12:23 AM
Ummm, Im not a health guru or anything, but I dont think 135 is a good weight for someone your height. I'm 6 foot 1 and nearly 50 pounds heavier.

Also, 1200 calories a day sounds like your trying to lose weight(someone correct me if Im wrong, but dont you need alot more than this?).

Protein is important in diet. Really important if you want to build muscle(as most people on here do), but important even for those that don't.

I eat around 2500 calories a day, feel fine and don't gain weight. If I eat much less than that I feel hungry and weak.

p.s. whats a bilberry?

SanSoo Student
11-22-2003, 01:37 AM
I'm 5' 11" and weigh 179 pounds, with average muscle build. I think my average weight for my height was 170. I don't consider myself fat, but am trying to lose a couple of pounds by increase my water consumption and lowering my carb intake.

For a person that claims to be healthy (from a vegetarian's view), I don't see where your get enough source of protein if you do strenuous exericises like Martial Arts. They require more protein to be able to repair the damaged tissues/ fibers and build stronger muscle..right?

Vash
11-22-2003, 12:02 PM
Indeed.

Dude, eat some protien. Even soy protein *supressed gagging sound*. Increase your diet to at least 2100 calories a day. Drink some milk. Something.

Being that light at that height is in no way healthy.

Samurai Jack
11-22-2003, 01:32 PM
I'm a milk eatin' vegetarian as well. 5'11 and a muscular 215 lbs. You're not eating enough Rory. Try beans, rice, pasta, bread, tofu, cheese, milk, etc. You should be eating a protein and a carb with every meal, not "once every other day or so". To put it into perspective for you:

Michael Jackson weighs 125 lbs. and is six feet tall. You're only ten pounds heavier. Michael is the least healthy male I've seen and is a known anorexic. If you look anything like that... yikes!

My advice is to look into seeing a psychiatrist who specializes in eating disorders. As a mental healthcare worker, I'd bet my paycheck that your suffering from anorexia.

Vash
11-22-2003, 02:47 PM
How does one eat milk? ;)

fa_jing
11-22-2003, 06:18 PM
I just looked at a past post of yours - did you really go from 190 to 135?

Rory
11-22-2003, 07:33 PM
sorry let me clarefy this is not my post but a friend of mine who didnt want to create his own account eheh. I'm no vegetarian, But i had reccomemned him to ask you guys about his diet, I way about 170-180 and eat quite a bit actually

shaolin kungfu
11-22-2003, 11:32 PM
Does your friend do any martial arts, or work out, or eat milk?:p

Rory
11-22-2003, 11:48 PM
He runs like 5 miles a day, He doenst drink milk he says he drinks oat milk:rolleyes: . He says that he can keep a very steady wait

Volcano Admim
11-23-2003, 01:07 AM
ok, you hold him (not that hard) while i call the doctor