PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite weapon

Kristoffer
05-02-2000, 05:37 PM
well?

xingyiman
05-02-2000, 05:58 PM
My favorite weapon...well how about just a big plain old **** machine gun /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif What weapons does your style incorporate, KR!zt0ffer? I was wondering about the tiger hook swords. I like big scary knives too. I think pen knives are cool and easily concealable. I saw a weapon called needles, think those would be cool to use too. Hand strap claws would probably greatly enhance a Tiger stylist's abilities.

Kristoffer
05-02-2000, 07:30 PM
My school have weapon practise weekends a few times a year, last week was actually one. It was great fun. Tsoan Tje Kune (nunchacku), broadsword and tall staff. This was my first time but they have different everytime, tex:
knifes, spears and stuff.

yeah I like big knifes to he he
but I love the japanese style swords.

Kato
05-03-2000, 02:58 AM
I love kum do. There's nothing better than smacking someone with a big stick as hard as you can! Chucks are fine, but my hands always get pinched in the chain.

illusionfist
05-03-2000, 05:46 AM
my mind.... that was so cliche' huh? I have a preference towards the butterfly swords, and i also like polearms (staff, spear, kwan dao, horse knife, etc..)

Peace /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PeteB
05-03-2000, 08:34 AM
I would have to say that my favorite weapon is the three sectional staff. It's a teacher in itself. You do it wrong and it tells you that your doing it wrong (I still remember that day when I almost knocked myself out. The bruise on the inside of my knee when I messed up the figure 8 definately taught me that I had to move faster). Aside from that, it's just such a powerful and versatile weapon. Can go from long to medium to short range in a matter of seconds.

[This message has been edited by PeteB (edited 05-03-2000).]

Kymus
05-03-2000, 06:08 PM
As far as my favourite weapon... I'd say the fan. It's a small weapon with mutilple uses. I always like all the weird weapons /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Now as far as the weapon I am most skilled with, that would deffinatly be my eskrima sticks.

JKDVIGILANTE
05-05-2000, 01:45 PM
Favorite Weapon(s): for defense against a sword----->spear. for multiple-attakers(without swords, of course)---->nunchaku(long-chain). also like 3-sectional-staff

------------------

J.L.B.

INFINOO
05-20-2000, 07:08 AM
The one I have in my hand when I need it .

Very Ignorant Mantis
05-21-2000, 08:09 AM
Cell phone (pricey, though).

Braden
05-21-2000, 08:43 AM
Double short knives/sticks

05-21-2000, 01:43 PM
this may sound weird but.... i just picked up a pair of nunchucks recently... my dad had them lying around so i start playing with them. needless to say i hurt myself trying to be bruce lee /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif but then i thought well why don't i just hold it like a thick stick. so i started doing that, playing around with it to get the feel for it. then one day i was practicing one of my forms (which i think are VERY useful by the way) and i decided to hold the nunchucks while doing it. and wouldn't ya know it, i started seeing some pretty sweet moves! so anyways to wrap things up my current favourite weapon is the nunchucks. and they're compact too so i can stick em in my bag..... lol i like "weapons" that i'm going to have on me normally if hte need arises. you should see all the different attack and defense combos i got using a waterbottle /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif but as for traditional weapons, ummm.... the three sectioned staff, the bench, or the regular staff.

clint

------------------
"Where choice is set between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence...... I prefer to use arms in defense of honor rather than remain the vile witness of dishonor"

Mohandas Gandhi

JWTAYLOR
05-22-2000, 01:38 AM
Weighted chain.
8 cylinder cam shaft.

JWT

knwlgseeker
05-22-2000, 02:32 PM
I keep a camshaft next to my bed, it's out of a '72 Dodge Challenger(318c.i.)( I'm building a 340 now) /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JWTAYLOR
05-22-2000, 06:26 PM
Cool, I just got done with a 68 Dart.
Now I've started work on a 64 Chevelle.
I've also built a 49 Chevy Pickup and my daily driver is a 1968 Camaro that runs low 12's on street tires and gas. I'm putting a 12:1 compression 502 in the Chevelle. It's putting out about 670 hp right now of the dyno. Should be lots of fun.
JWT

IronBuddha
05-30-2000, 07:53 PM
low 12's? is that the standing quarter mi??

------------------
'instead of resting your legs, you should be standing up. instead of folding your hands you should be giving them out. instead of turning your back, you should be showing your face. why do you walk away?' --.hwm.

JWTAYLOR
05-31-2000, 02:45 AM
Yes, consistent 12s on the track. And I drove it to work today.
JWT

Seeker of the Way
05-31-2000, 11:28 PM
I train the Dow-Dow, and has actually become quite good at it. It's neat for feints and parries, and dishes out some nasty damage if I'd ever use the **** thing on someone /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I also train the Long Blade. Nowhere so easy, but mostly into show-offs with weapons, I love it.

SOTW

------------------
The dance of life, the capering of elements, and skip of gods. The dance is mine, I AM the dance.

drunkenostrich
06-05-2000, 03:07 AM
My favorite weapons are the DEER HORN KNIVES
and i also like the straight sword. but for practical purposes i like the small mantis claw knives. you can conceal them quite nicely and you can really gut somebody with them. but if i had a choice i would choose .45 sig.

HappyPuppyF
06-05-2000, 03:18 AM
My magical Chi-Powers /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
But, seriously, I've been training with the Bart Jarm Dao. That's about all I've been training with.
Staffs are cool, too. I recently got jabbed in my cojales with one. I am a believer.

------------------
GRRRRRRRRR
WOOF WOOF WOOF
RUFF RUFF RUFF
AWOOOOOOOOOOOO

JWTAYLOR
06-05-2000, 06:40 PM
Ouch!!
Now THAT's full contact baby.
JWT

blacktsun
06-13-2000, 06:20 AM
My favorite is (at the moment) a pair of medium sword hybrids (a cross between a katana and a wakizashi for size and style). I also am verrrry fond of chinese broadswords and warswords. The bo and manriki are also highly favored.
Oh, who am I kidding, I like 'em all. http://216.219.234.88/forum/roundtable/cool.gif

LeadWolf
06-13-2000, 06:25 AM
Well, right at the moment, I like the steel whip a.k.a. monkey whip, dragon's tounge, ect... but what will alway's be my favorite is the balisung (commonly known as butterfly knive's, common misconception) But any short bladed or momentum weapon will do me.. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif