PDA

View Full Version : Chi Blast?

SevenStar
10-27-2001, 06:39 AM
The Cosmos Palm is an advanced Shaolin art that is sometimes mentioned but little known. As it could cause severe internal injury if inflicted on an opponent, masters were careful to teach this art only to tested disciples. The Cosmos Palm is also very useful in healing others.

It is different from the Buddha Palm of Choy-Li-Fatt Kungfu. While the Buddha Palm is "hard", the Cosmos Palm is "soft". The method of training is also different.

The Cosmos Palm is a "skill" or ability, and not a technique or a form. Once you have acquired this Cosmos Palm skill or ability or force, you can implement it using any technique or in any form, although in combat it is usually implemented in the form of a palm strike. I mention "skill or ability or force": because there is no English equivalent term for what it is expressed in Chinese as gong (pronounced as "kung").

It is called Cosmos Palm because the force used in its application is derived from the cosmos. Through years of appropriate practice, the exponent has stored a tremendous amount of energy which he has tapped from the cosmos, in his dan tian or abdominal energy field. Much of the training concerns mind and energy; the outward form is bafflingly simple. When needed, the exponent uses his mind to channel his energy from his dan tian to strike an opponent or to heal somebody. Strictly speaking, it is not the palm that strikes, but the energy from the exponent that distorts the energy field of the opponent. The oponent can be seriously injured, and the damage is delayed (i.e. it may come many days after the strike) and there may be no external marks.

Different external forms can be used to acquire the Cosmos Palm, and "Pushing Mountains" is one such form. But even if you practise Pushing Mountains for 20 years, you will not acquire the Cosmos Palm unless you also know the mind and energy dimensions involved. The mind and energy dimensions must be taught by a master; faulty practice, which is not uncommon in such advanced arts, causes serious problems.

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
" - nightair

Braden
10-27-2001, 07:01 AM
Sounds like a ridiculously romanticized version of the goals of any internal martial art. There's nothing overtly mystical here.

shinwa
10-27-2001, 07:07 AM
Dragonball Z baby!

Well in all seriousness anythiong is possible, and I don't know everything so i'm not gonna say it's hogwash heh heh. Weird stuff that energy. I remember reading in some scientific magazine that every human supposedly has 20-30 eet of personal energy surrounding them at all time. A bioelectric shield or some crap like that. Read it awhile ago.

Meh...

Ming the Merciless
10-27-2001, 10:48 AM
YEA, WHATEVER.

Wongsifu
10-27-2001, 02:02 PM
yeah well it is possible if you go to india and see those faqirs that devote thier lives to doing things like sucking up petrol from their Pen!s head and then shooting it out and lighting it , and other things like walking on water well then you got the poeple who can do tyhese things

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

diego
10-27-2001, 10:01 PM
WTF DID YOU POST??

"I finish the job with a tiger claw into the throat. Remember guys'INSERT CORNY WHITEBOY VOICE' use extreme violence against your opponents always, that will discourage them from hurting other people" kungfu site technique sec.VS?."...

Turiyan
10-27-2001, 11:54 PM
Internal palms uses "reverse breathing" you breath out on the push and exhale on the draw back. Pretty basic stuff. You have to connect the movements with the lower dan tien, but thats pretty easy. It actually has a pulling sensation.

In application, you breath out on the push, and extend chi from the lower dan tien. Also pretty basic. Its really a primitive energy source, the tailbone is more powerful, and the solar plexus is the real source of power.

That kind of chi is a gross type of chi. The solar plexus can be developed to generate and convert higher forms of "prana" which can be directed to the extremitys of the body.

The esoteric is for people that dont know. Veda comes from the sanskrit vit, meaning "to know". Sanskrit and latin are very similar languages. Vit in latin would be vital.

A lot of those skills you read about were discovered by accident and the people that do them really dont know how they work anyways.

Turiyan gold, Brahmin caste, Ordos clan
"A Brahmin, coming into existence, is born as the highest on earth, the
lord of all created beings, for the protection of the treasury of the
(natural) law. Whatever exists in the world is (by right), the
property of the Brahmin; on account of the excellence of his origin
(primogeniture and eminence of birth) The Brahmin is, indeed, entitled
to it all" --C1V99-V100 The laws of manu

chokeyouout2
10-28-2001, 03:49 AM
I ate some asada's last nite and experienced multiple chi blasts.

When you'r telling one of your little stories, here's a idea; Have a point, it makes it so much more interesting for the reader.

herring
10-28-2001, 05:13 AM
vasco-
That paraphrase at the end was such a rip off ;)

chokeyouout2
10-29-2001, 03:32 AM
Unless you tell me where it's from,;I made it up.

When you'r telling one of your little stories, here's a idea; Have a point, it makes it so much more interesting for the reader.

_William_
12-27-2002, 05:28 PM
http://www.geocities.com/kitechniques/Ki_Energy_manual.html

Sort of found this amusing... This is how you do a ki blast in REAL LIFE!
:rolleyes:
"I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMOOOOORE!!" haha I'm gonna remember that one.

Kamehameha

In this move you will have to say and think these words while doing the technique.

Stand sidewards to your target with your legs shoulder width apart. Breathe slowly to help you.

Ka

Collect energy into your body and fill it up but don’t store it.

Me

Store the positive energy into your tan-tien. I visualize little +’s to help me. Store the negative energy in another part of your body. I visualize little –‘s to help me.

Ha

Create a Ki ball with the negative energy (-) in your cupped hands. Make more and more Ki balls and compact them together to make the attack even more powerful. Move the positive energy (+) to your wrists.

Me

Visualize the ball spinning at very high speeds. Also visualize an invisible line going from the ball to the target.

Ha!!!

Thrust your hands forward with your hands open like a rectangle shape with its top line cut off. Visualize the ball with the negative energy is being pushed along by a beam of positive energy.

SevenStar
12-27-2002, 07:40 PM
Visualize or look at a person about 4 metres away from you at the most. Visualize the Ki in their body and get your Ki to make a river and touch their Ki. You should get a thud in your stomach. The more powerful the thud, the more powerful the person. This technique takes time to develop. It may even take a month for some people so please be patient.

Here is a table showing what the thuds mean.

A whole month? Not bad. My sphincter cannon is more powerful than all of his techniques though.

Souljah
12-28-2002, 06:24 AM
lol how long would it take to train to be able to do a kamehameha?

Souljah
12-28-2002, 06:31 AM
If you’re getting bullied, do not do anything, just bottle it up inside of you. Do this for about 1 month and more if you want to be really powerful and lift a car ect

just get beaten up for a month.....

actually i do find that you have more power if you bottle things up(emotionally i guess) and release energy or perform physical......like say hitting a punching bag.

have you guys ever played sonic blast man? that punching game about 15 years old - there are to of them, im not talking about the one where your take a picture of yourself.
well anyway, before i could only get like 115-120 on that but one day i was felling abit down (doesnt matter why) and played this game, i got 135 (yes on the same machine), now, i know this is probably a long shot but could this be similar.....?

Liokault
12-28-2002, 08:03 AM
PAH!!

Thats not how to do a proper Chi blast.....to do a proper chi blast you just need 1 stupid student who really belives that you are a "master" and who will fall over on command.

Also the bottling emotions up thing?......I can see that working in the UK as we are very bad at showing our emotions but since when did a yank ever suck back a tear?

guohuen
12-28-2002, 09:08 AM
The last time we wanted beef and got yorkshire pudding.:D

Souljah
12-28-2002, 09:31 AM
Also the bottling emotions up thing?......I can see that working in the UK as we are very bad at showing our emotions but since when did a yank ever suck back a tear?

lol lio

Xebsball
12-28-2002, 09:48 AM
GENKI DAMA, BEOTCH

SevenStar
12-28-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Xebsball
GENKI DAMA, BEOTCH

Screw that. I'll take Final Flash. Either that or the attack buu used to destroy everyone on the planet.

Xebsball
12-28-2002, 10:34 AM
Final Flash is good ****e, but you might get beat up by a female android :p

I just notice now... i am tough like Vegeta but also naive like Goku and sensivite like little Gohan... thats awesome :D

_William_
12-28-2002, 01:49 PM
Holy cr@p, guys! Your power levels are going up through the roof!
:eek:
"You have gotten stronger, Kakarot."

truewrestler
11-26-2003, 11:44 AM
http://a1140000.futurism.ws/susumu/ufc/031121/susumu22.jpg

Indestructible
11-26-2003, 12:17 PM
For a POWERFUL chi blast, start with a big bowl of beans and a bottle of hot sauce!:D

Kristoffer
11-26-2003, 12:22 PM
weird pic

Chang Style Novice
11-26-2003, 12:55 PM
If I had to guess, the guy on the right threw a sopping wet sponge.

Sopping wet with QI!

Sho
11-26-2003, 02:09 PM
Chi = Kinetic energy inside the water droplets caused by the shooter. :D

Kristoffer
11-26-2003, 03:44 PM
Chi = Jizz

norther practitioner
11-26-2003, 03:50 PM
I thought that was jing.....:confused:

Kristoffer
11-26-2003, 04:02 PM
Jing = ass marinade

norther practitioner
11-26-2003, 04:06 PM
Geez.. thanks for clearing that up :rolleyes:

shaolin kungfu
11-26-2003, 04:13 PM
actually it does require some explanation......

The marinade goes on the beef

Kristoffer
11-26-2003, 04:18 PM
I see you are an internalist on a high level

truewrestler
11-29-2003, 07:31 PM
caption: Chi water blast disrupts cabbage patch

sanjuro_ronin
06-06-2008, 05:29 AM
Happy Birthday you kilt wearing, harlot slapping, circle walking hippie !!

May you special day be filled with chi blasts !!!

sanjuro_ronin
06-06-2008, 05:29 AM
I had a cake for you, but....

Fox
06-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Happy B-Day from me as well!!!:D

MasterKiller
09-25-2010, 07:05 PM
http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/168003-2/Face_electrocuted.gif

Xiao3 Meng4
09-25-2010, 07:08 PM
OMG that person is probably dead. :(

PalmStriker
09-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Notice how his one arm(lower) is creating a connection(across the heart) when his other hand hits the other conductor. It would be his head that held the continuity(sliding) that fried him like that. Work with electrical testing daily, you only get so many chances.

Syn7
09-25-2010, 07:33 PM
as an electrician, that photo is very real to me... ive seen some sh!t... sometimes down in the substation of a tower(apt or office building) when you get an arc from contact or near contact on 600's you get massive repercussions... you'd be suprised at some of the damage ive seen... ive never had a near miss or any real shock, but you hear lots about it... although i have been shocked or had a flashback in my face more time than i can count... it happens, part of the job... if you are being safe and using your gear properly, you wont get hurt... the worst shock i ever had was finger numbing type 120 shocks... and the flashes are ok, the insulated tools protect you just fine... its when people cut corners, dont use the right gear and get lazy that injuries occur...

as for this guy in the gif, WTF is he even doing there??? retard...

Dragonzbane76
09-25-2010, 11:10 PM
is that his soul? well we should call the dumb squad for him being up in the wires in the first place.

David Jamieson
09-26-2010, 07:15 AM
If not dead, definitely blind now.

TenTigers
09-26-2010, 10:06 AM
my friend is a union electrician, and he told me a story about an apprentice who undid a snake in an exposed panel room. They said all that was left was his sneakers, and bloody ashes all over the room. That stuff scares the bejeezus outta me.

Syn7
09-26-2010, 11:03 AM
yeah, a guy i work with was on top of the sub station and dropped a loose panel cover inside the casing, it landed on two bus bars and BOOM... no more panel cover, he was hard of hearing and seeing for a few days (LUCKY)... it took a whole weekend for a few of us to clean the black off the walls and everything... we were covered in it by the time we were done...

that stuff is no joke...

tentigers:
ok here's a question tho, where was the journeyman in charge of making sure the apprentice didnt do anything like that??? i dont know about there, but here, somebody would be in alot of trouble if somebody died like that...

GeneChing
06-06-2014, 08:48 AM
I'll drink a shot of single malt in your honor tonight, Big D. Hold the ginseng. ;)

Dale Dugas
06-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Thanks brothers!

Faux Newbie
06-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Happy birthday, Dale! Good job on preserving that jing!

PalmStriker
06-06-2014, 08:07 PM
:) Happy birthday! Here's some more cake, not as flattened butt still edible. http://www.sweetandshiny.com/assets/cakes/birthday/kung-fu-bday-cake.jpg

TaichiMantis
06-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Happy **something birthday!

Dale Dugas
06-08-2014, 03:18 PM
Thank you!

GeneChing
02-02-2015, 09:57 AM
...But totally postable here (especially for a slow post-stuporbowl Monday)

Blast your own Kamehameha at the “Let’s fire a Kamehamaha Martial Arts Tournament” event! (http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/02/01/blast-your-own-kamehameha-at-the-lets-fire-a-kamehamaha-martial-arts-tournament-event/)

Kay 2 days ago

https://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/kamehame-top.jpg?w=580&h=475

Even if you’re not a Dragon Ball fan, many of you probably have heard of the awesome power of the Kamehameha, the trademark attack technique used by some of the characters in the series, including our beloved hero, Goku. Well, if you’ve ever fantasized about being able to blast a Kamehameha of your own, you may get your chance this month, right in Tokyo!

We’re talking about the special promotion “Let’s Fire a Kamehameha Martial Arts Tournament (Utoze! Kamehameha! Budokai)” that will take place in Shibuya for four days starting later this week. Yes, you’ll get to blast a Kamehameha, and even see a video of yourself firing the legendary energy attack online!

The event, which will be held at the Koen Dori Plaza in front of the Parco store in Shibuya, is actually a promotional tie-in with the new PS4 game “Dragon Ball Xenoverse“, scheduled for release on February 5.

▼This is what the event space is expected to look like:
https://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/kamehame-2.jpg?w=580&h=430

And just what exactly does the Kamehameha blasting experience entail?

▼First, you need to get your “fighting power” assessed. You stand in front of a monitor, and your fighting power will be calculated based on your age, gender and even your fierce fighting expression with the use of facial recognition technology. You’ll want to put on your “strongest” face, as apparently your expression will affect your evaluation.
https://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/kamehame-step-11.jpg?w=580&h=558

▼Next, you show off your best Kamehameha move in front of the 9m- (29ft 6in) long LED interactive screen. In response, you’ll see visuals simulating a Kamehameha blast displayed on the screen. The result will be different for each participant, as the force of the simulated blast will vary depending on your fighting power, movement and pose.
https://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/kamehame-step-21.jpg?w=580&h=543

▼The process will be recorded, so you’ll get to see a video of yourself blasting a Kamehameha online by accessing a personal URL address!
https://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/kamehame-step-31.jpg?w=580&h=599

Apparently, two people can also try the simulation at the same time, so that it looks like they’re blasting Kamehamehas at each other!

As an added bonus, participants will also receive an original sticker with the “Kame (turtle)” emblem, the symbol for Master Roshi, or Kamesennin (Turtle Hermit), as he’s known in Japan.

▼An image of what the sticker might look like:
https://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/img_present-e381aee382b3e38394e383bc.jpg?w=580&h=237

The event will run from February 5 to February 8, between 11am and 8pm, so if you’re a Dragon Ball fan and you’re going to be in Tokyo, you may want to check out this chance to become a Kamehameha blasting Dragon Ball warrior. Now, if only they can think of ways to simulate some of the other Dragon Ball moves, because as awesome as firing a Kamehameha sounds, we can’t help thinking how cool it would be if they could do an event featuring the “bukujutu” flying technique!

Source: “Let’s fire a Kamehamaha Martial Arts Tournament” special website via Yahoo! Japan News (both in Japanese)
Top image: Tomozo online shop on Rakuten
Inset images: “Let’s fire a Kamehamaha Martial Arts Tournament” special website

GeneChing
02-13-2015, 05:29 PM
Some one pulled off a chi blast....IN THE CAGE!!!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2015/02/13/02f9ca88f590688d91a4ca104924b01f.gif?1423845285

Shane Campbell defeats Derek Boyle by TKO Round 3 WSOF 18
Edmonton Expo Centre in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada