PDA

View Full Version : Green Tea enthusiasts.

The Willow Sword
11-26-2003, 02:57 PM
I dont post in here very often but i thought that i would share a brand of green tea that i find to be of the most excellent quality(not your run of the mill low quality chinese green tea)

The brand of tea is called "Shan Wai Shan king's series tea"

there are several in the series of teas and they can get quite expensive. although there are two types in the series that are affordable but still a tad pricey(worth it in my opinion)

try the 103 series king's tea (about 32 dollars for a full tin of tea,,300grams/10.6 ounces) or you could try the established "shan wai shan" tea (no series # on the box) this one runs 24.99 for 300gms/10.6 ounces

these are Oolong teas that are infused with high quality ginseng. and they leaves can be steeped 3 times before they lose thier potentcy.

oolong tea is green tea but is an aged leaf that has more of a pungent aroma and taste. the anti-oxident properties are high and the caffiene levels in the tea are very low as well.

hope people give it a try(ohand you can get these teas at your local chinese market or herbalist. hopefully you will have one in your city.

Peace,,,,,,,,TWS

Cody
12-03-2003, 12:58 PM
From what I've read, Oolong is not technically a green tea, as it is semi-fermented. Green tea is not fermented. Oolong has been described as having qualities of both black and green teas, of being in between, as it were. Not a green tea though. Flavor is different too.

Cody

MARTIALSTUDANT
09-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Dear kind sir I was reading your profile and under your occupation it says drunkard, clown among a few others. What really stuck out was your 35 years of martial art trainng. But I happened to be reading post trying to catch up on some good martial arts reading and were I look first is the guys with the most experience or at least 20 yr. What really caught my eye was a man with your experience starting threads with no martial art context on a martial art forum. So I humbly ask are you just trolling, clowning, or just in a drunken stupor with this thread? also may I kindly ask were you have trained in your 35 yr I mean you private messed me asking who, what and were but like a daddy not wanting to pay welfare you ran and never left your info.

herb ox
09-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Take your bad vibes elsewhere, we don't need them in the TCM forum. I see your pattern of posting as well and you have been suspect since your first couple of posts.

Big brother IS watching you... and will have you banned from this forum.

ox

bodhitree
09-22-2006, 04:48 AM
There is a brand called Harney and Son's Tea (sold at Barnes and Noble) and they sell a tea they call bangkok, it is delicious! Green Tea w/ lemon grass and coconut milk. It is not typical tea bag, it is loose tea in a silk sack. I get loose teas from this local importer in Pittsburgh sometimes but I'll admit it, more often than not I just buy a big box of Salada brand green tea bags, its less expensive. Give the bangkok a try, its great.

Su Lin
09-22-2006, 05:00 AM
I dont post in here very often but i thought that i would share a brand of green tea that i find to be of the most excellent quality(not your run of the mill low quality chinese green tea)

The brand of tea is called "Shan Wai Shan king's series tea"

there are several in the series of teas and they can get quite expensive. although there are two types in the series that are affordable but still a tad pricey(worth it in my opinion)

try the 103 series king's tea (about 32 dollars for a full tin of tea,,300grams/10.6 ounces) or you could try the established "shan wai shan" tea (no series # on the box) this one runs 24.99 for 300gms/10.6 ounces

these are Oolong teas that are infused with high quality ginseng. and they leaves can be steeped 3 times before they lose thier potentcy.

oolong tea is green tea but is an aged leaf that has more of a pungent aroma and taste. the anti-oxident properties are high and the caffiene levels in the tea are very low as well.

hope people give it a try(ohand you can get these teas at your local chinese market or herbalist. hopefully you will have one in your city.

Peace,,,,,,,,TWS

Does it taste like pumpernickel?????:p

Oolong is great, but one with ginseng sounds fantastic, will have a look on the net. I'm really liking white tea at the moment too, bit more subtle but great nonetheless.

The Willow Sword
09-22-2006, 06:42 PM
yeah the kings tea is still very good su lin, i hope you are able to get some(you know there is a tea shop in London called "THE TEA HOUSE 15 NEAL STREET, COVENT GARDEN,LONDON WC2H 9PU) when i was in london i went there and bought quite a bit of tea and goodies there. Maybe you can find that tea there, or some equivalent.

i have been drinking some other oolongs, actually they are green oolongs that are very high quality and have been some of the best teas i have ever tried. They are expensive as well, but i tend to spend my money on that rather than booze and such.

oh and herb ox, that little problem has been taken care of, apologies to those in this forum for that. they got a tad too carried away.

Peace,TWS