Does anyone know any thing about Wang Sui-Ping
or his son William En-Cheng Wang and the
martial art they practice.

r.(shaolin)

NorthernShaolin
11-28-2003, 08:44 AM
rik,

Wang Sui Ping = Wang Tzu Ping ?

If it is then he learnt from Yang Hong Xiu (nickname Great Spear Yang Hong Xiu) who was born in 1864 and represents the Yang Branch of Ch'a style. Yang learnt from Chang Chen Tang and Ma Lao Wei.

Wang Tzu Ping was a famous CMA and was born in 1881. He passed away in 1973. His main style was Ch'a style but also taught Shaolin, Flower, Hung, Pao and 10 row Tan Tui.

Although he taught martial arts, he was a well respected Bone Doctor and Herbist. He also wrote many books on CMA but are harsd to find outside of China. There were several articles written in English (Inside Kung Fu?) by his daughter, whom I forget her name but she teaches Ch'a Chuan, Shaolin and Wu Shu in the USA in the mid-west. (Kanasa?). I'm unaware that he had a son.

brothernumber9
11-28-2003, 12:10 PM
not his daughter, his granddaughter Sifu Grace Wu. His daughter is Sifu Grace Wu's mother, madam Wong Ju Rong. There was a fantastic piece written of Wang Zi Ping in the Bagua Zhang Journal some years ago and another written in KungFu Qigong magazine in an issue that highlighted other famous historical sifu like Sifu Lau Fat Mang, Sifu Lam Sai Wing, and Sifu Hung Ju Shing, and I think Sifu Jow Biu as well as a few others, probably the best issue they ever printed to date. If you ask Gene I bet he could recall which issue it was, it included a fold out poster type page with pictures of all the subjects.

NorthernShaolin
11-28-2003, 01:44 PM
Thanx brothernumber9. That's right! It is his granddaughter, Grace.

GeneChing
12-01-2003, 03:54 PM
He was on our July 1998 cover (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=83) which is now sold out (but you'll find the cover story on the link. That cover was also graced by Grace.

BTW, our current onstand issue, Jan Feb 2004 (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/kf200120.html), features another granddaugther of Wang, Helen Wu. Check it out.