PDA

View Full Version : help with unconventional approach to bulking up

abobo
11-28-2003, 12:25 AM
Knowledgable folk,

Help me help my good buddy bulk up. He is tall and lanky, not a lifter, and has no weights or equipment to lift except odd objects that you might find in an apartment.

Also, he is a near vegetarian, eating eggs and dairy.

I have some ideas, but I'm still working on them. If you have any, fire away.

Meat Shake
11-28-2003, 01:37 AM
Hold his couch, do squats.
Push the refrigerator around the apartment.
Fight the dog.

wall
11-28-2003, 06:58 AM
Chinup bar (20 bucks, doorway mounted), handstand pushups, deads using edge of couch (with person sitting on it if necessary), hindu squats or later squats with person on shoulders, etc.

Then, after training, lots of eggs and milk and cheese for plenty of protein, as well as carbs for fuel and veg + fruit for vitamins etc.

Can get plenty big this way, and loads of functional compound strenght.

W

Tak
11-28-2003, 09:13 AM
Bleh, everyone's so obsessed with bulking up.

Wrestling a big dog is a great workout - now I just need a 100lb cat.

abobo
11-28-2003, 02:13 PM
Bulking up is a perfectly normal thing to do.

IronFist
11-28-2003, 02:24 PM
He's not going to gain size if he doesn't eat more.

abobo
11-28-2003, 06:06 PM
Tell me something I don't know...

IronFist
11-28-2003, 06:40 PM
Tell him, as tactfully as you can, that it's tough for vegetarians to bulk up. It's very possible, it's just difficult, especially when it comes to getting adaquate protein intake.

matt
11-29-2003, 09:46 PM
hey a great way to bulk up with out expensive supplements and excessive heavy lifting is to eat two or three football snaks at each meal they take a few days to start to work and you can eat a fist full of them before your full but i gained a 100lbs in a mounth eating them

IronFist
11-30-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by matt
but i gained a 100lbs in a mounth

:rolleyes:

Thundermudd
11-30-2003, 03:04 PM
If he's still doin milk have him look into whey protien. It is the isolated milk protien - good stuff

Samurai Jack
12-04-2003, 10:51 PM
I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian. I went from 170 to 210 pounds with a bodyfat percentage increase of 3%. It took about six months but I gained the first twenty five pounds in about three. No real secret, I just ate like a pig!

I had a 16" cheese or veggie pizza for dinner every night. I mean EVERY NIGHT.

I ate a large tub of cottage cheese everyday (some for breakfast, the rest for lunch).

I drank a couple of pints of guiness every night I could :D .

I started weight training four days a week for about 45 min.

I also did thirty minutes of cardio three days a week (I understand this can be counter productive, but it's what I did).

MMMMMmmmm pizza and beer! That was the best diet ever!

blooming lotus
12-05-2003, 04:07 AM
Also a vego....try something for an insulin spike post workout followed by a dextrose carb (somethingfrom corn?/maize) for volumisation, dont go too heavy protein without over 50% carb (to be safe) or you'll end up in ketosis. eating a simple carb (sugar) with your complex carb slows down absorbtion and gives you more chance of holding bulk.