PDA

View Full Version : winter, dry skin

bodhitree
12-01-2003, 07:18 AM
Hey all
I was curious if TCM can reccomend something thats good for moisterizing skin in the wintertime? Most moisterisers make my skin break out and the winter is just plain rough on it, drying it out and such. What can i do to moisterise from inside out?

Thanks for any thoughts

Tak
12-01-2003, 11:32 AM
I dunno about TCM, but I drink a ton of water and don't put anything on my skin. The thing I have to watch in winter is that I'm not drinking a ton of coffee and things that will dehydrate me.

Thundermudd
12-01-2003, 09:23 PM
Tak,
PM me and I'll give you some info from my work - work in a boulder CO lab that makes skin care stuff. Product I have in mind is a topical vitamin C - has really helped my cuticles in the dry winter - they dont split anymore:cool:

scholar
12-10-2003, 08:52 PM
Avoid showers, take baths instead. Showers accelerate the skin drying out. It really makes a big difference.

Also, carrot juice has an enormous amount of vitamin A in it, which is very good for your skin. Drink one once every two weeks or so in the winter.

bodhitree
12-12-2003, 08:08 AM
Thanks!

GeneChing
01-07-2004, 11:50 AM
But I'm not that sensitive to lotions and oils. I just have to keep rotating what kind of lotion/oil I use and only use good product, not the cheap drugstore moisturizes. I also invested in a good humidifier for this year's winter nights and that helps a lot.

bodhitree
01-08-2004, 11:39 AM
You have winter in Cali ?

18elders
01-14-2004, 07:46 AM
get a shower filter, most waters supplies have chlorine in it to kill the germs but it also dries out your skin. If your lotions contain any water, make sure it is filtered water in it.

RAF
01-14-2004, 05:32 PM
Dry Hands?
(HealthDayNews) -- Is the cold winter air causing your hands to become dry and flaky?

In Yahoo! Health

If so, the National Jewish Medical and Research Center in Denver offers these suggestions:

Soak your hands in warm water for 15 to 20 minutes. This gives your skin time to absorb the water.
Pat your hands dry and immediately apply a thick layer of an occlusive moisturizer to seal in the water.
If your hands still feel dry, wear a pair of light cotton gloves to bed at night. This will further reduce water loss.