PDA

View Full Version : Latest KF mag.

yuanfen
12-01-2003, 09:25 AM
Patrick Gordon who posts from time time hasa nice wing chun article in the latest issue based on Augustine Fong's approach to wing chun.. The distribiution system of ma mags in the US
is handled by tricky elves working at odd times-so it may or may not be in a stand near you yet. But if you do your tan sao right-
presto!

Ernie
12-01-2003, 10:16 AM
joy
thanks i get them early since gary advertises in them so i will look for it my next class

Patrick Gordon
12-02-2003, 03:31 PM
Hey Joy,

Thanks for putting up a notice for my newest article in Kung Fu magazine. I would like to hear anyone's comments of it, positive or negative. I always enjoy feedback. Hope you enjoy it. Say, if you enjoy it a lot, you can come to Canada's capital city to attend the 2004 seminar, held in June ;-) The article revues the 2002 seminar with my Sihing, Tony Frighetti in Ottawa, Canada.

that reminds me, Rene, the sars scare is over, where have you been?

Patrick Gordon.

yuanfen
12-02-2003, 04:06 PM
Patrick- I don't have my copy yet. A student let me read his.
I enjoyed it. Tony is a great guy.
Ottawa in June? Does the permafrost melt by then ? Last time I was in Ottawa was when I waved at Trudeau(not the one of Doonesbury fame) as he was being chauffered out of the executive mansion- he actually waved back and gave his then famous smile!!
He was one chief executive who was into martial arts- judo.
Putin of Russia is another- also judo. Then there was President
"Teddy" Roosevelt of the USA who boxed and grappled and brought over Japanese judokas to the Whie House...a spinoff from those contacts ended up in Brazil-the rest is ma history.

old jong
12-02-2003, 04:20 PM
It's nothing!...Here in Montreal,we have to wear snowshoes in july.Polar bears and wolly mammoths are feeding in our garbage cans.It's the artic night six months of the year!... And...Trudeau well!...;)