PDA

View Full Version : Bang ,bang you're dead...

TCell
07-01-2000, 06:31 AM
In the US you seem to have a lot of gun use/abuse.
So I wondered if any of you use body armour?
If so do you train in it?
Is it usefull or just cumbersome?
The raeson I ask is I was thinking if you got a decent MAist in body armour they would be 'pretty tasty'.
Do you think you could use it as an offence?
(picture kevlar vest, sap gloves with inbuilt stun device)!!?

I dunno, what do you think usefull or
stupid?

DrunkenMonkey
07-01-2000, 08:20 AM
Umm... no. First of all, yes it is cumbersome, at least in my thoughts about it. Why would I train in my armour? What, is my master do? gonna whip out a .45 and start shooting me while I do my excercises.

However, I usually suggest newer students to wear thin forearm and leg padding as they train, but only for a while. Because if they become too dependent on padding, they will not block as forcefully when they have no armor.

Umm... Usually, we use our Martial Arts skills to protect ourselves instead of inbuilt stun guns and electrical gloves. heheh. sounds a bit comical.

------------------
Underaged Drunken Monkey

TCell
07-02-2000, 03:46 AM
Yeh I know it sounds geeky. But I was just wondering if people used body armour, I mean you can't block a bullet. As for training in it didn't samurai wear armour when practising?
Kendo/escrima use contact armour to?
The only problem is you probally look a right prat wearing it out!
The sap glove/stun thing is just another take on a well concealed weapon.
Damm I think I've read too many comics!!

Take it easy:-)

Slater_E
07-02-2000, 06:19 AM
Hmmmm.....sounds legit to me.
I think someone posted a message a while ago talking abotu training in all kinds of circumstances in different weather conditions and terrain to make sure they could fight in the environment they were in. I think fighiting with body armor on seems like a good idea. Not really a cran style or anything, but knowign how to fight with a Kevlar vest on seems cool. I'd try it.
and instead of gloves, what I would do is get two hand stunners and put one in each hand and practice using them like yo would knives. there ya go. two electric knives. stab away. =)
hehe

------------------
"In a fight, there is no second place."