PDA

View Full Version : footage of yourself performing?

Shaolinlueb
12-04-2003, 07:31 AM
Do any of you gentlemen or ladies have footage of yourself performing? and if you do, do you have the guts to post up a link to it so the people on here can creatique it or let you know what they think? I have a video of me performing a cannon fist form on some space I have, but im afraid to post up the link.

MasterKiller
12-04-2003, 07:36 AM
I have some footage, but once I got it converted to MPEG, and resized it, it's kind of hard to see because I was on stage and the camera was pretty far away. I planned on reshooting the video of myself doing a couple of forms and posting it, but haven't gotten around to it.

Shaolinlueb
12-04-2003, 07:38 AM
see i need to compress my video, as it stands its 53 megs for 45 seconds worth of stuff. it was shot on one of the younger students mothers digital camera.

Musicalkatachmp
12-04-2003, 07:43 AM
Here is a link to some of me and Sun Tzu's fights...

http://www.owingsmillsboxingclub.com/videoclips.htm

Also me and Sun Tzu and the martial artist formerly Jowbacca recently created a movie...can anyone host it for a day or two? Well worth it, even better than our last one!

Judge Pen
12-04-2003, 07:47 AM
If I had any converted to mpegs, I'd post it as another bad example of SD on the 'net! :D

Actually, I've got thick skin and know some people would flame it just because of the style I train in. Others would flame it for legitimate reasons, but I know I'm still a work in progress.

Musicalkatachmp
12-04-2003, 08:40 AM
Yeah I hear ya man...I don't care if people bash my clips, because I know that no matter what you are doing, there are always going to be people out there who will say it looks like crap...over on the Wahnam board they tore to shreds a clip of some sparring that looked pretty good to me...you just can't please everyone...people want you to fight a certain way, not allowing for any differences in styles...
Whatever, I for one won't criticize someone who had the balls to put a clip of themself online...

CrippledAvenger
12-04-2003, 09:34 AM
There's video of me getting my ass kicked by Water Dragon, but it's not ready to go to the net yet. Give us a few weeks to get some more drills and stuff on it.

dwid
12-04-2003, 09:37 AM
Do any of you gentlemen or ladies have footage of yourself performing?

Yeah, but you'll have to look around on the web for it. Search for "Paris Hilton Sex Tape," and you should find lots of copies of it...

:D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

apoweyn
12-04-2003, 09:42 AM
www.apoweyn.net/martialarts/index.htm

Footage of several KFM posters (Merryprankster, Oso, Fajing, Starchaser, and me) being rotated through. Right now, Oso, Fajing, and Merryprankster are posted.

Stuart B.

MasterKiller
12-04-2003, 09:43 AM
Dwid,
So you're the guy who keeps asking "is it in?"

David Jamieson
12-04-2003, 09:44 AM
yep.

apoweyn
12-04-2003, 09:55 AM
Kung Lek,

I noticed some of yours posted up at cyberkwoon. Is that the only place they're posted? (I don't have enough credits over there to start checking out video yet.)

Stuart B.

dwid
12-04-2003, 09:59 AM
Dwid, So you're the guy who keeps asking "is it in?"

Yeah, who knew skinny girls could be so roomy?

Shaolinlueb
12-04-2003, 11:38 AM
eh what the hell

http://www.nacma.org/demo/index.html

i'm not the best, but tell me what byou nthink. i just finished the form a month ago.

apoweyn
12-04-2003, 12:06 PM
Having a hard time connecting. Have to check it out later.

But don't worry mate. Most people here are going to respect the effort and the guts it takes to present it for public scrutiny. They're not going to give you grief about the actual performance.

Stuart B.

Skummer
12-04-2003, 12:24 PM
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5800&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

These occured in Atlanta in August.

Judge Pen
12-04-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Shaolinlueb
eh what the hell

http://www.nacma.org/demo/index.html

i'm not the best, but tell me what byou nthink. i just finished the form a month ago.

I thought it looked pretty good man. Kudos for posting it!

SifuAbel
12-04-2003, 12:43 PM
Hey lueb, very nice form.

The only thing I would say if I were judgeing you in a tourney would be that you need to find your still point.

Take a milisecond more to show the power. The floor seemed slippery so you were struggling for a foothold. Thats happened to me on many a concrete floor in tournies. (try doing monkey tumbling on concrete, not fun. )

All in all, I'd give you good points for your technique, stance, speed and focus. I would take away a point for fidgetyness in some of the postures. Thats what i mean by finding your still point. You got to be able to go from your movement then lock into a posture like a statue with no percieved struggle.

Good job.

Shaolinlueb
12-04-2003, 01:10 PM
thanks judgepen and sifuabel.

yes the floor was a little slippery, but my bow stance is something i figit on still, i need to work on it. and my sweeps. I used to be able to do them well, i dont know what happened.
and back to the figityness thats what my sifu has been telling me for a while. more practice :D
thank you agian for the comments.

MasterKiller
12-04-2003, 01:16 PM
Looked good to me.

SifuAbel
12-04-2003, 01:45 PM
Your sweep was fine. The fidgetness is in the strikes. You got to strike a point and not let the strike wander in space or wobble after delivery. The gung bo just needs to get a little deeper to enjoy more stabilty and give you more spring out of them. And bring out your knees on the horse. For both stances you need to squeeze you buns more. I'm not kidding.

yenhoi
12-04-2003, 03:00 PM
http://welcome.to/shotdownmind

I have a load more, but lack the video editing software to get much further at this point.

:eek:

David Jamieson
12-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Ap

all the vids at ck are available at my site too.

I will be putting up some more soon.
The ones I do have up are getting old and there are errors in them that are apparent to me. :-)

the empty hand sets are both done at slow speed so me and my classmate could remember sequence, so there is something lost in them for someone who wants to see them full speed.

i'm thinking i'll keep teh slow speed ones up and have full speed ones to watch and compare to.

soon, soon...it all takes time.

cheers

David Jamieson
12-04-2003, 03:31 PM
Shaolinlueb-

Just watched yer vid, good job man! snappy and crisp and I know where yer coming from in regardsto slippy linoleum floors! eek.

Anyway, just thought i'd give ya the ol' thumbs up.

cheers

norther practitioner
12-04-2003, 03:52 PM
Looks good, especially for only knowing that for a month.:D

Shaolinlueb
12-04-2003, 09:07 PM
thanks guys. well i learned the form in about 3-4 weeks and its been a month or two cause i learned moi fa after that, which took about another montha and a half, and i am on a spear form now. i went over it in my head a lot too.