PDA

View Full Version : Sashes

Pakmei
12-04-2003, 08:00 AM
Hi Everyone,

Just a general question really?

Does anyone know where to buy (made or custom made) good quality sashes that wrap around the waist twice minimum and 3 maximum.

Obviously the amount of times it wraps round the waist is really an individual issue, as everyones waists are different.

Not particularly interested in the satin / nylon rubbish that seem to be sold in every martial arts shop going. I'm really looking for silk noil or possibly quality cotton sashes.

Look forward to some replies.

David Jamieson
12-04-2003, 10:18 AM
I has a few classmates who went and got textile and had their sash made for them or made it themselves.

Jsut visit your local "bolts of cloth" dealer, i'm sure you'll find exactly what you need, heck, they might even sew it up for you. :-)

cheers

Dale Dugas
12-04-2003, 05:23 PM
I have had all my sashes made exactly to my measurements.I was taught that is should go around you 4 times. Oh well...I went to the fabric store and paid about 10 bucks for some high quality cotton twill and had my local tailor sew me up some fantastic sashes. I had him double seam them so they would be stronger than heck...

The only way to go. Store bought sashes are made for the little stick boys(no offence little skinny boys...) but being a size 2X is not going to help me there.

Enjoy.

In Boston,

Dale Dugas