PDA

View Full Version : Ping Kune in LKH Lineage

yutyeesam
12-05-2003, 09:44 AM
Hi guys.

I'm just wondering what specificially makes Ping Kune to be considered an advanced form? The unicorn stances with Chil sau-Kong Jerng/Dahn Na techniques?

Thanks,

CLFNole
12-05-2003, 10:01 AM
It's not an advanced form. Some people just teach it later than others or teach Siu Ping Kuen first then Dai Ping Kuen later.

Peace.

yutyeesam
12-05-2003, 10:13 AM
Hey CLF Nole, thanks! (been a long time. i thought this forum was gone forever!)

Is Ping Kune the only form in the lineage that has a Sow Choy while stepping backwards (after the first gwa-kum)? If not, what others have this?

Thanks!

Ou Ji
12-05-2003, 12:14 PM
CLFNole
Are Siu Ping Kuen and Dai Ping Kuen seperate forms or two parts of one form? I know a version of CLF Ping Kuen but I don't believe it's complete.

CLFNole
12-05-2003, 02:41 PM
123:

The particular part you are talking about is only in Ping Kuen. It is a sweep takedown technique.

Ou Ji:

Ping Kuen is a form in and of itself. However either my sifu or I believe one of his sifu's created a shorter version known as Siu Ping Kuen. It is more well suited for demonstration. What we refer to as "Dai Ping Kuen" is what others might refer to as just Ping Kuen. The Siu and Dai thing I belive is unique to our lineage.

Peace.

Fu-Pow
12-05-2003, 03:31 PM
CLFNole-

We might have discussed this before but what is the difference between Daai Ping Kuen and Siu Ping Kuen?

I know Siu Ping Kuen and I've never seen Daai Ping Kuen so I'm just curious if there's anything important that I'm missing in the big form?

Thanks

CLFNole
12-05-2003, 06:13 PM
Fu-Pow:

It's just longer and has a few different combinations and techniques but CLF is CLF. The form is somewhere in length between Ping Chang Kuen and Sup Gee Kow Dah Kuen.

Peace.

GARRA DE TIGRE
12-05-2003, 08:09 PM
hello yut yee sam

is good hear of you too . about siu ping kuen i think phanter videos promote the form like advanced . but is not more advanced than 5 animals ( ng ying kuen ) .

i have a choy lay fut spanish book , writing by 2 students of chan kwok wai and doc fai wong , in where is a picture of GM lee koon hung´and say he is the actual top master of choy lay fut of the world ( the book was print years ago ) and is famous for put clf in full contact arena and for his version of ping kuen .

CLFNole
12-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Actually Five Animals (Ng Ying Kuen) is not that advanced either. To me they are generally on the same level although I think Ng Ying is easier. Although Ping Kuen is not very hard either many people don't understand how to properly execute the kai lun ma's will the right fluidity and power.

Peace.

yutyeesam
12-05-2003, 10:11 PM
Hmm. What is considered advanced? Sup Gee Kow Da? Hok Ying Kune? Is the Ching Jong form considered advanced?

Just curious.

CLFNole
12-06-2003, 07:51 AM
What I would consider as more advanced hand forms in our lineage are (not in any kind of order):

Hok Ying Kuen - Crane Set
Fu Ying Kuen - Tiger Set
Fu Pow Kuen - Tiger-Panther Set
Baat Gwa Sum Kuen
Moi Fah Baat Gwa Kuen
Baat Mo Kuen
Fut Ga Jeurng
Joi Baat Sin Kuen

Peace.

GARRA DE TIGRE
12-06-2003, 04:43 PM
clf nole :

i never see dai sup gee kow da kuen , but according with the master mak article in inside kung fu . is one of the biggest forms .

and what about weapons ? which are the most advanced sets ?

CLFNole
12-06-2003, 09:28 PM
Dai Sup Gee Kow DahKuen is simply Sup Gee Kow Dah. Sometimes the form is shortened for tournaments and referred to as Siu Sup Gee Kow Dah. It would be the same form as seen in Li Siu Hung's video.

As far as weapons there are too many to name. The are a number of staff forms and Dai Hung Kay is somewhat advanced since it is to be done with a very long and heavy pole which makes it more difficult. Flexible weapons such as the 9-section whip, double 3-sec whips and 3-sec staff are more advanced due to the flexibility and control factor. The spear form passed into our lineage from Shek Kin is an advanced spear form.

Peace.

yutyeesam
12-07-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by CLFNole
The spear form passed into our lineage from Shek Kin is an advanced spear form.

Peace.

So does this mean that it's not really a CLF form? And also the Sam Jit Gwun? Since that is from GM Shek Kin, does it mean that it really is not CLF? Just wondering.

CLFNole
12-07-2003, 09:28 AM
There are two 3-sec staff forms - one is a clf form and the other throigh Shek Kin. The spear form from Shek Kin is not a clf form but rather pure northern. This form is more complex than any of the other clf spear forms in our lineage, that is why I mentioned it.

CLF has plenty of spear forms however if you pay attention they have a lot of staff techniques to them whereas northern spear is a bit differrent.

Peace.