PDA

View Full Version : CCK TCPM Special Offer...

mantis108
12-05-2003, 11:47 AM
It is with great pleasure on behalf of Sifu Jack Wong that I present to you this special offer of CCK TCPM wooden dummy book (in Chinese only) plus VCD. The book is one of the many legacies of Grandmaster Chiu Chuk Kai. The VCD is the great effort by Sifu Jack Wong who is one of GM Chiu's students who is continuing and spreading the teaching of the Grandmaster.

There is a clip of an content overview and contact info for the purchase with the following link.

CCK TCPM Wooden Dummy book and VCD (http://www.traditionalkungfu.com/)

It is a great oppotunity to gain an insight into the CCK TCPM style.

Sincerely,

Robert Hui (Mantis108)

PS. There is an English article by me concerning the wooden dummy training in the Mantis Quarterly's second issue as well.

mantis108
12-06-2003, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the questions. I have posted my entire wooden dummy article on my forum. Please check there and click on the webpage tab. There is also a wooden dummy Q&A folder in my forum. You should be able to find some more answers there. If not post a question, I will do my best to answer.

It is important to note that the mainland Wing Chun (Yong Chun) is different than GM Yip Man's version of Wing Chun. Although there are wooden dummy training in both style. GM Chiu came acrossed the mainland Yong Chun through his sworn brother Sifu Chu Chung Man in Macau.

As for the height of the dummy, it is that low. The extended leg is a bit long in the VCD. Also Sifu Jack Wong is pretty tall (arround 6 feet). So it would make the dummy look ultra short.

Hope this help.

Warm regards

Mantis108

TaiChiStorm
12-11-2003, 06:05 AM
Hey 108 ,
I have problems to open the preview file. Which software do I need to open it??
Thanx
Greets TCS

mantis108
12-11-2003, 02:21 PM
Hi TaiChiStorm and All,

Thanks for heads up. Here is an updated link. Please check there and see if it is work. I think you would be able to play the clip with Window Media Player 7 or up.

Updated Link (http://www3.telus.net/TraditionalKungFu/WoodenDummy.html)

I hope this will work. If not, please let me know.

Regards

Mantis108