PDA

View Full Version : wing chun and driving

foolinthedeck
12-05-2003, 11:57 AM
hello
today i was practicing my wing chun in the car in traffic on the way to work, practiced my bongs, tans, fuks, did some punching to the seat between my legs (careful now!)
did you see me?
anyone else do this?

also:
does wing chun make you a better driver? contact and sensitivity, structure or hands to wheel and gear stick, clutch and brake is like wing chun kicks, co-ordination and quickness of the eye - hell i can beat other cars when the light changes even though my car is a slow vauxhall astra 1.4!! just because of my eye to foot speed. i think i can brake quicker and control the car better too.

what do you think (of my silly arrogance?)

old jong
12-05-2003, 12:18 PM
I think flying an helicopter must be like chi sau and chi gerk at the same times.
;)

wingtsunmonk
12-05-2003, 02:51 PM
FITD:

I've found myself practicing heun saos to keun on the steering wheel many times! Also, when I had a manual tranmission I found myself using a fuk sao to shift gears!

I wouldn't punch the seat between my legs for fear of rapping myself in the tacklebox and, getting arrested for what someone may infer as indecent behavior! :D

You are not alone......

Regards,
wingtsunmonk

sticky fingers
12-06-2003, 11:06 AM
Just don't try it blindfolded...

Brithlor
12-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Lol, I thought I was the only one :-P.

jonp
12-09-2003, 10:17 AM
hehe!

i drive my car with a fuk sau, keepin that elbow in and low gives you more than enough pressure and leverage to move the wheel.

i used to pop out punches, huens all the time when i was jus walking around - used to drive my girlfriend insane...

Phil Redmond
12-10-2003, 09:43 AM
Driving can be like chi sau. I plan a few moves ahead. That way I don't get stuck in traffic as I'm always looking for an opening. Most WC guys I know will either "chi sau" or strike the steering wheel. Myself included.

mortal
12-10-2003, 09:53 AM
So wing chun people have there own special kind of kung fu Geeks.