PDA

View Full Version : Anti WT/WC

The_Student
12-07-2003, 08:20 AM
Hi,

I will fight against some WC/WT guys in the future, and would like to know if somebodey have found thier "weak spot" e.g. if they lack something special in thier traning.

Should I use alot of foot play, like kicks to the knees, or should I go in and clinch with them ---> go to the ground??

Any thoughts??

Please! :confused:

David Jamieson
12-07-2003, 09:09 AM
Are you for real fighting?

If not, it doesn't matter, just do your best.

Seriously, style doesn't have much bearing in fighting, the toughness of the fighter, experience and personal ability and skill are what matter.

Style is just a tool, it isn't the governor of the outcome of a fight.

cheers

Brithlor
12-10-2003, 03:20 PM
Try using hooking punches that aren't TOO round... and low kicks. You might not be able to just clinch them right away.

Also, it seems like straight punches to solar plexus or ziphiod process are more difficult to block than straight punches to other areas, or round punches to higher areas.

Also, using punches that appear to be coming from one angle seem pretty hard for anyone to block... ie, a punch that appears to be going high, but you use a drop in weight to direct the punch to a lower area.

Anyway, a lot of wing chun blocks use a very small surface of contact, so using punches that change level, and punches that "snake" around blocks by using body weight and proper twisting can give the WC guy some problems if he simply blocks statically without moving very much... I hope that made sense :).

But like someone said above, it really depends on the person and what they train to defend against.

BTW, what kind of competetion is this..? What kind of rules and contact level, also what lineage of wing chun is your opponent from?