PDA

View Full Version : Anti WT/WC

The_Student
12-07-2003, 08:22 AM
Hi,

I will fight against some WC/WT guys in the future, and would like to know if somebodey have found thier "weak spot" e.g. if they lack something special in thier traning.

Should I use alot of foot play, like kicks to the knees, or should I go in and clinch with them ---> go to the ground??

Any thoughts??

Please! :confused:

LEGEND
12-07-2003, 10:43 PM
I have never had any problems sparring wing chun guys. Simply cause most of them do not train full contact ENUF. They mostly do trapping drills. If u spar all the time u'll be able to tear in them cause as soon as they are hit...they'll freeze. Grappling is not even taught by most wing chun instructors. They have no way of countering takedowns cause they don't have wrestlers that realistically try to take them down. Most of their counters are based on interception but this leads to the first part I mention. Lack of sparring=lack of experience=they can't use their counter when they never properly trained against a resisting opponent, therefore they cannot see it coming.

Vash
12-25-2003, 08:54 PM
[colonized]

Phil Redmond
01-03-2004, 11:24 AM
I've been doing WC for 33 years and sadly you have hit the nail right on the head. Fortunately there are some of us WC people that don't fall into that category. We believe that if you don't train to fight you can't fight, period. There's a discussion going on here;
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27491. Got any input?

Vash
01-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Non-contact is the death of any style.

rogue
01-03-2004, 05:08 PM
Should I use alot of foot play, like kicks to the knees, or should I go in and clinch with them ---> go to the ground??

Neither. Just ask him his opinion of the Emin/William Cheung film. Other things that work are questions about weighting, secret footwork, pivoting on heels vs pivoting on balls of feet and of course lineage. He'll be so busy explaining why you're wrong you could dress him up like a sheep, have your way with him and he's never even notice. Also never try to take a WC guy to the ground as you'll be countered by WC anti-grappling techniques.:D

rogue
01-03-2004, 05:12 PM
Phil circular references to threads is both forbidden and confusing for me.

Phil Redmond
01-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Rogue,
I've seen many references from one thread to another. Can you direct me to the rule where it's forbidden?

rogue
01-03-2004, 08:04 PM
I'm onto your game Phil. I give you the link and you link it back here. Crafty WC guys.

Phil Redmond
01-03-2004, 08:50 PM
Sorry to disappoint you rouge but I'm not petty enough and I'm too old to play games. I really have no clue what you're getting at.
Peace

Vash
01-03-2004, 10:34 PM
I don't think rogue is being overly serious here.

Vash
01-03-2004, 10:37 PM
http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25372&pagenumber=2

LEGEND
01-04-2004, 11:41 AM
Sifu Redmond...u are correct.

It's really not a big deal. Spar more and u'll have more compentent wing chun guys. The only problem with most wing chun schools is they only spar each other...so it's wing chun vs. wing chun...in terms of self defense...they should invite a boxer or/and wrestler type to train against. Hours and hours of live training will produce a decent wing chun fighter.