PDA

View Full Version : Pak Mei in Houston?

Yum Cha
12-07-2003, 04:55 PM
Hi board.
Just wondering if there is any Pak Mei in Houston. Nothing listed on the web, I'm wondering if there is something else going on.

I've heard they have a good shaolin school there....

Thanks

fiercest tiger
12-10-2003, 07:17 AM
I think there is a white tiger school in Houstan.......actually is that texas?

lol
FT

PaiLumDreamer
12-10-2003, 11:55 AM
There IS a pak mei place in Houston. I had the chance to train there, but decided against it (Long story..x.o;)

It isnt an actual school, but a guy that teaches in his back yard. I helped to paint the lei tai that they train on. I can give you the person to go see to train, if you are still interested...He isnt the one who teaches, but trains under the guy...so you should just talk to him about it >_>; I dont know how happy he would be to hear it was from me you heard it from...but hey! Its worth a shot, right?

Yum Cha
12-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Pai Lum Dreamer,
I'm just going to be in Houston a week, visiting with my Brother. Just wanted to make a friendly contact within the Pai.

Feel free to send me a Personal Message concerning the contact you have if you don't want to discuss it on-line. Thanks for your post.

Pai Lum? Is that you Pai? Is that from Mike or Lee?

FT -
You and your White Tiger..... Actually, I hear the Shaolin School in Houston is the one to see, according to Gene's comments.

fiercest tiger
12-10-2003, 09:06 PM
lol........you asked, BFP is similar for what i understand mayeb you can see what and how they train?

bak meiiiiiiiiiiiii pei........hmmmmmm PIEEE

Yum Cha
12-10-2003, 10:47 PM
Hey FT, you're right. If I'm going to be there a week, maybe I should drop in and have a look.

What is the school there like?

Ever had Coconut Pie??

PaiLumDreamer
12-11-2003, 11:56 AM
I dont think they would be very "happy" to see just some random person that knows pak mei....These guys are, well, secretive. Its a little unnecessary, BUT I wouldnt even have had the CHANCE to train unless I knew the guy...PLUS I helped work on the training area..But for just one week it might take a while to gain their trust to let you come to a class, imo. BUT...Ill still tell you who to go to, just PM me.