PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma?

Judge Pen
12-08-2003, 12:48 PM
Sorry MK, but what happened? Why are they still playing for the national championship? If this doesn't tell us we need a playoff system, then I don't know what would.

MasterKiller
12-08-2003, 01:26 PM
Man, Kansas opened up a can. I wish I could explain it. Maybe it was Mike Stoops getting too involved with his new job as coach at Arizona, all the Heisman hype around Jason White...I dunno. Kansas came out swinging and didn't let up. Props to them.

Personally, I don't think we should play for the title because we didn't win the Big 12. On one hand, I can understand that Kanas was a better team than the team that beat USC, and that USC has had a pretty weak schedule. But the conference game is THE GAME to win. LSU and USC both wont their conferences, so they should play....but, I'll take what I can get. If USC loses and we win, then I can somewhat justify the National Title.

If we win, and so does USC, well....

MasterKiller
12-08-2003, 01:30 PM
Let's just say I'm a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE Michigan fan at the moment.

Judge Pen
12-08-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
Man, Kansas opened up a can. I wish I could explain it. Maybe it was Mike Stoops getting too involved with his new job as coach at Arizona, all the Heisman hype around Jason White...I dunno. Kansas came out swinging and didn't let up. Props to them.

Personally, I don't think we should play for the title because we didn't win the Big 12. On one hand, I can understand that Kanas was a better team than the team that beat USC, and that USC has had a pretty weak schedule. But the conference game is THE GAME to win. LSU and USC both wont their conferences, so they should play....but, I'll take what I can get. If USC loses and we win, then I can somewhat justify the National Title.

If we win, and so does USC, well....

Kansas State may have been better than Cal, but USC only lost by 3 in triple overtime. I thought OK was the best team out there, and they still might be, but I agree if you don't win your conference how can you be a National Champ?

If USC wins there game, then there will be a split National Champion. Beat LSU and hope USC loses.

MasterKiller
12-08-2003, 01:39 PM
USC lost to a 7-6 team by 3 points. We got drummed by an 11-3 team that will be playing in a BCS bowl game. The computers put more emphasis on strength of schedule and win/loss ratio.

At any rate, it was an embarrasement. I think Jason White was Hurt in the 2nd quater but didn't want to come out for fear of losing the heisman.

GO MICHIGAN!

Judge Pen
12-08-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
USC lost to a 7-6 team by 3 points. We got drummed by an 11-3 team that will be playing in a BCS bowl game. The computers put more emphasis on strength of schedule and win/loss ratio.

At any rate, it was an embarrasement. I think Jason White was Hurt in the 2nd quater but didn't want to come out for fear of losing the heisman.

GO MICHIGAN!

Well, KS is in a BCS game cause they are the Big 12 champions, but who am I to talk. We are in the Peach Bowl. :rolleyes:

MasterKiller
12-08-2003, 02:19 PM
Against whom?

If there is any consolation to losing to Kansas, it's that they knocked Texas out of a BCS bowl birth because only 2 teams from one conference can be in BCS games. :D

Judge Pen
12-08-2003, 03:06 PM
Clemson.

I think we are the only top 10 team to play in a bowl as low as the Peach Bowl. People here are talking about boycotting in protest. That's real smart. Make us even more appealing for the bowl selection committeess next year. :rolleyes: