PDA

View Full Version : Happy B.Day Anerlich!

old jong
12-08-2003, 02:30 PM
49 orbits around the sun!....I wish you many more. Take care. ;)

William E
12-08-2003, 02:40 PM
Anerlich

Happy B-day Andrew and thanks again for your contributions to this forum. I wish more people would follow your example and try to have an open mind and not be grounded in their own personal bias. That goes for EVERYONE...

BTW... I noticed your sifu sig the other day and was wondering which system you were certified in.

Thanks again for your insight.

William E.

taltos
12-08-2003, 02:48 PM
Happy Birthday, and I hope you have many, many more!

-Levi

Ernie
12-08-2003, 02:52 PM
happy b-day
keep putting it down the way you see it , your a striaght up dude and i respect that .
best wishes ernie

anerlich
12-08-2003, 03:03 PM
Thanks OJ - you're a good lad for doing all the birthdays.

Thanks everyone else.

William E:

I was promoted to 10th level/gold sash while my Sifu, Rick Spain, and his academy belonged to William Cheung's World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association (TWC), in which gentlemen such as Phil Redmond and Victor Parlati are highly ranked (much higher than I). I was promoted to Level 1 Master (one red speed strip on my gold belt) in 1998. I expect to be graded again very soon, a process which will almost certainly involve complete exhaustion and a savage beatdown :D

I began Machado Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Rick Spain in 1999 - Rick is coached by Anthony Lange and John Will. I was promoted to Blue Belt in 2003.

I prefer to interact on this board as just another WC joe, without my rank (which means nothing ot anyone outside my organisation and still less out in the pavement arena) doing the talking. I only used that .sig once because someone else started throwing his around as if it were of some relevance.

PaulH
12-08-2003, 03:04 PM
Anerlich,

I will spare you from another quote on your birthday! Ha! Ha! Happy birthday!

Regards,

PH

duende
12-08-2003, 03:18 PM
Happy B-day Anerlich!!!

I know we've had ups and downs in the past, but at the end of the day it is undenyable that you are indeed a genuine Kung FU man, and have my sincere respect.

Happy 49th...

Alex

PQS
12-08-2003, 03:25 PM
Anerlich
Happy Birthday
I enjoy your comments, one day I will be at a level that I will understand them
Best Regards
Peter

yuanfen
12-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Wish you the best Andrew- on this birthday and the many that
will come. Best wishes, Joy

taltos
12-08-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by anerlich
I expect to be graded again very soon, a process which will almost certainly involve complete exhaustion and a savage beatdown

But we wouldn't have it any other way, would we?

I know that, for me, when the test ends in what you've described, I actually feel like I've accomplished/earned something.

I know you'll do well and won't need it, but good luck!

-Levi

glenn richards
12-08-2003, 05:54 PM
Hi Andrew
Best wishes on your Birthday
Regards
Glenn

yylee
12-08-2003, 06:55 PM
have a great B-day anerlich!

gotta go to a Delphi 8.NET seminar now, should be fun! :D

Phil Redmond
12-08-2003, 08:28 PM
Andrew, I hope you have many more. You are a good representative for the martial arts.

KenWingJitsu
12-08-2003, 09:40 PM
salut my friend!

Your resume shows many things..including the fact that you are as young as you feel you can be...young enough to have that open mind you do.

Best wishes.

anerlich
12-08-2003, 10:09 PM
You guys are too kind.

Thanks again!

John Weiland
12-08-2003, 11:01 PM
Hi Andrew,

Bah, humbug! :D Another birthday!?! Didn't you have one last year at this time? :p You're nearing that half century mark.

Hope your birthday is the best ever. I always appreciate your thoughtful comments and your civilized demeanor.

Cheers.

rubthebuddha
12-08-2003, 11:51 PM
congrats, andrew. now let us know how you did on that backflip. :D

Ultimatewingchun
12-09-2003, 06:40 PM
Andrew:

So you're a Scorpio !!! So am I.

Happy Birthday, and great work on this forum. If you ever get over to this side of the water - come and workout with me and my students. You would be most welcome...and we will treat you to dinner afterwards !

Although I've never met your sifu - Rick Spain - I've heard many good things about him through the years. Give him my regards.

Victor

Ultimatewingchun
12-09-2003, 06:46 PM
Andrew:

Sorry...you're a Saggitarius...

Your resume IS impressive...Sifu Nerlich...

anerlich
12-09-2003, 10:06 PM
Thanks again guys, especially Victor.

rtb - thanks for reminding me, as soon as I get to the academy tonight!

If I make the one on my 50th, I'll post a pic!