PDA

View Full Version : Sandbag???

Suntzu
12-09-2003, 09:48 AM
OK.... so you get this big azz bag(or 2) of sand.... and a heavy duty duffel bag....... so you just put this packed bag of sand in the duffel?..... than you don't get the shifting aspect that its supposed to have.... plus after slamming it on the ground you get an exploded bag of sand in a bag.... you have shifting and also a big mess waiting..... so do you seperate the big bag of sand into little freezer bag of sand?... what?.....

Pork Chop
12-09-2003, 10:27 AM
If you got some old jeans you don't want no more, we could probly make a good 50 or 100 pound mung bean bag. I've got one that weighs like 10 to 20 pounds, i'll let you check it out sometime. Basically I was picturing the same thing, except maybe 4 foot long. It should handle throws pretty good.
Just an idea. Might cost a buck for each bag of mung beans, which should be less than 50 bux total cost by the end.

Suntzu
12-09-2003, 10:37 AM
sand is waaay cheaper.... but good idea.....

Musicalkatachmp
12-09-2003, 10:51 AM
Are you guys really gonna do this? They do this at my kung fu school...I got into it for a short time, but gave it up, opted for weights <GASP>. Though I'm sure you could do both, but I have a hard enough time working the weights into my workouts as it is.

Suntzu
12-09-2003, 11:01 AM
you may have the wrong idea about whats about to go down.... but when you figure it out.... you'll hate me for it.....

Ford Prefect
12-09-2003, 12:01 PM
I made a boat load of sand bags in my "functional strength" days. Each was was made of 2 army duffel bags and lined with thick plastic yard bags. I had 2 50's, 1 75, 1 100, and 1 150 lbs bag. None of them ever exploded or leaked. I can DL a far cry more than 150, but picking that sucker up off the ground was real hard.

Pork Chop
12-09-2003, 12:28 PM
Picking the thing up is half of what suntzu's sayin....
The other half equates to playing "Rampage", and I'm not talking the video game.

Sand would work, especially if you can get the duffel bag and plastic liner... otherwise mung bean bags don't leak easy & mung beans are said to be good for bruises.... so over time the constant slamming of the bag could be healthy.....

Suntzu
12-09-2003, 01:12 PM
otherwise mung bean bags don't leak easy & mung beans are said to be good for bruises.... so over time the constant slamming of the bag could be healthy..... point well made....... i knew we kept you around for some reason....:D

Musicalkatachmp
12-09-2003, 01:18 PM
you B@ST@RDS TELL ME

Musicalkatachmp
12-09-2003, 01:23 PM
you B@ST@RDS TELL ME

Ka
12-09-2003, 03:23 PM
Old Punching Bag
Filling:River Sand, Rice, Lentils
Two large Zip loc bags inside one another in 5kg weights (so you can add or take out)Tie off or wrap any dead space.