PDA

View Full Version : I never got in a fight!!!!

Smoothoperator
07-30-2000, 09:21 PM
and I probably never will because I dont have the balls to stand up for myself anyways.

Just a question , is biting good for a bar fight?

JWTAYLOR
07-31-2000, 12:01 AM
Sure, especially if you spill some beer and salt on the guy first.

JWT

Slater_E
08-03-2000, 03:06 AM
what if the guy has a disease or something.......bitting someone with aids might not be a good idea....I dunno, just a thought.

------------------
"In a fight, there is no second place."

Kevin1384
08-04-2000, 11:47 AM
me niether, except for my friggen dad, he likes to kick my ass, if i could put some jackie chan on him it'd be great. Yeah, I have a ***** attitude too...

rogue
08-05-2000, 05:08 AM
LOL JWT, but I always like a little lime with mine.

**** am I working too many hours!!!

totallyfrozen
08-07-2000, 06:30 AM
My opinion is...combat is very risky anyway.
If you think about it, biting someone is nasty...if you've ever been bit you know that it gets your attention.

Bottom line, I would bite.

I probably wouldn't if they smelled bad.

I encourage you to do some good full contact sparring. It will get rid of the "*****" attitude that you think you have. Like I tell people...put in a mouth piece and get in the ring..it's not gonna kill you. The guy at the bar might. Better to practice fighting where you can practice without being killed.
Get punched in the mouth and the realize that, hey! you're still alive and your arms and legs still work.
The fear of pain is much greater than the pain itself. I've never had pain which was worse than my fear of it (I haven't been burned alive yet...but otherwise...). Even broken bones, as much as they hurt...I broke a thumb boxing and it felt like fire..but I was able to keep fighting.
I'm not tough. You are just as tough as I am...it's all in your mind.
That's why I say, confront your fear. Full contact spar...not a match with "winners and losers" so that you can feel like s**t afterward...but a spar. Just a practice fight..full contact. Who cares if you win or not. Your goal would be to face pain and not be afraid of it anymore.

Don't bite in a sparring match. You can practice that on your lunch break.

totallyfrozen
08-08-2000, 01:16 PM
I think that I have been speaking out of turn in some of my posts. I was speaking without putting full thought into what I was saying.
I apologize and let me clarify.

I have said a few times that there is no subsitute for "full contact" sparring.
Please understand that I come from a Western Boxing background where a full contact spar won't (usually) get you killed. There are not kicks, pressure point stikes, etc. in American boxing.
My recommendation for full contact sparring was made without the consideration that there are some of you out there who can kick like a horse. A full contact spar with some of you guys would surely end up in someone's permanent disability or death.
I was thinking with Wester boxing on my brain and not Chinese boxing.

I would just like to clarify that with all of you...especially the ones who were asking questions about courage, etc.

Perhaps a medium contact sparring would suffice.

Anyway, I apologize for letting my fingers run before my brain.

I hope no one gets hurt on my account.

[This message has been edited by totallyfrozen (edited 08-09-2000).]

shawn28
08-22-2000, 03:20 PM
I think if its alife ad death
situaion do what you got to do
to survive..

joehyer
09-05-2000, 02:45 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Smoothoperator:
[B]and I probably never will because I dont have the balls to stand up for myself. First,COOL! GOODJOB! second I don,t believe that you do not have the guts. You will! in the crunch. From what I understand the ability to diffuse situations is the apex of growth in the art of self defense. give yerself some credit now for not being a mindless set of testicles!

------------------
Joehyer