12-10-2003, 07:32 PM
so... why do you do it?
why you lif weights
why you run
why you try to get in best shape

the most best reason is -> pic an option to vote please

Vash
12-10-2003, 08:56 PM
Well, I did martial arts in my youth for about seven years. Got out of that. After a while, got tired of being a scrawny 115lbs. So, started hitting the weights. Two years later, took up MA. Found that, with a little tweak, my weight training drastically improved my MA performance.

So, I've gotta go with looks+performance.

Toby
12-10-2003, 10:00 PM
It's all about what's under the hood for me, Xebby. Being strong and fit makes up for my lack of skills, and gives me an edge over those who are of the same skill level. So I picked 2, although I was tempted by 6 because I'm addicted to exercise.

rubthebuddha
12-10-2003, 10:25 PM
health and looks and all that happy stuff are good reasons, but once i started, i hated it if i stopped. it's number 6 for me, as my body is addicted to exercise. i get irritable, fidgety, etc. when i haven't beaten my muscles up. when i do beat them up, it's all good. :cool:

Okinawan_Lohan
12-10-2003, 11:32 PM
For me, that's a toss-up.

I love the feeling of working out till everything shakes.

I love the feeling of kata drilling two days after my last weight day; increased speed, bodily awareness, etc.

I am also quite fond of the way my wife checks me out after workout.

stubbs
12-11-2003, 01:43 AM
i do it so i've always got something to aim for, always got something to improve on and always got something to take me out of my comfort zone.

i started martial arts about 4 years ago to work off some of my belly. then i got a passion for martial arts and used lots of different exercises to improve my skill level. over the last couple of weeks my passion for MA is getting less and less and im thinking about giving it up...but there's no way im going to give up my training!!!
________
Herbalaire Reviews (http://vaporizers.net/herbalaire-vaporizer)

FatherDog
12-11-2003, 10:16 AM
My animal magnetism is so ungodly powerful that I could pull chicks even if I were a head in a jar. So I exercise solely for health reasons.

WinterPalm
12-13-2003, 07:56 PM
This tiger does it all for the pecs.

Becca
12-15-2003, 04:43 PM
Do it cause I'd look like an idiot in class if I couldn't keep up. So I guess you could say it's to further my training. Except for running. I just love to run and always have.