PDA

View Full Version : Does qigong dilate your pupils?

IronFist
12-10-2003, 07:49 PM
Next time you finish standing qigong go look in the mirror and tell me if your pupils are bigger.

Roll Back
12-10-2003, 11:15 PM
Yes my pupil's are bigger, that is because they in a yin way absorbing energy. Thus as when things are dark your pupils will die elate.(Grow bigger) So even if you are outside and it is sunny and you are drawing in energy your pupils will dial ate. But when you send out yang energy, the eyes become more narrow and focused

Daredevil
12-11-2003, 05:27 AM
Never checked that before, but yep, happens to me too. Weird.

froggy
12-12-2003, 11:04 PM
Yes, it only happens to people who are [happy].

[Edit: Don't be mean.]

Toby
12-13-2003, 08:27 AM
What're you thinking Iron? No offence Roll Back, but I doubt that's the explanation he's looking for. Interested to hear your thoughts IF ...

IronFist
12-13-2003, 12:54 PM
I was just curious cuz when I look at myself in a mirror after doing standing qigong my pupiles are always huge.

backbreaker
12-13-2003, 02:31 PM
Interesting answer roll back. That is some real information , best answer yet.

Daredevil
12-13-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by froggy
Yes, it only happens to people who are gay.

Everybody's a ****in' comedian these days.

Toby
12-13-2003, 11:52 PM
How much energy can your eyes absorb? Energy in what form? Light - if so how is it turned into chemical energy that your body can use? I would think the amount of light that is absorbed through the eyes would be miniscule, regardless of how dilated they are.

backbreaker
12-14-2003, 01:44 AM
The whole body is one unit and it integrates the aspects of all energy from the outside to the inside and vice versa. When high level Yogis and true qigong masters breathe in , all the pours of the body expand and breathe in the universal life energy so they need little oxygen from air. When you breathe out, the pours would contract and the dantian and chakras would expand becuase when something goes up , something will also go down. Same for left and right. ( like a balance scale ,) I have personally learned a method which has such training using the pours and chakras and I've seen it in other methods as well because all methods have similar principles.

IronFist
12-14-2003, 02:06 AM
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't dying or something.

jgradisher
12-14-2003, 08:18 AM
Having had a very wasted youth, wherein my pupils stayed dilated for extended periods of time, I tend to hold with the idea that my pupils are dilated after some standing qigong sessions because my internal chemistry has changed temporarily (whether it's blood pressure, relaxation, or something else).

I can feel effects similar to certain stimulants sometimes (tingly scalp, fuzzy peripheral vision, sensitive hearing, sensitive smell). Not that I go looking for it, though. Qigong is not about getting high.

Anyway, my tuppence worth.

backbreaker
12-14-2003, 12:43 PM
I hear ya jgradisher

Toby
12-14-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by jgradisher
Having had a very wasted youth, wherein my pupils stayed dilated for extended periods of time ...

Lol!! I can relate to that!

Toby
12-14-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by backbreaker
When high level Yogis and true qigong masters breathe in , all the pours of the body expand and breathe in the universal life energy so they need little oxygen from air.

:( :( :(

qiphlow
01-04-2004, 12:05 PM
with regard to pupil dilation--yes, it happens to me, too. my guess as to the reason is that with standing meditation, body relaxes, pores open, blood vessels dilate, etc. this "opening" would probably include pupil dilation as well.

(and cheers to all of you with wasted youth pupil dilations! that's part of the reason i'm on this forum!! time to be high--not get high!)

IronFist
01-04-2004, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the input.

Welcome to the forums, qiphlow.

qiphlow
01-04-2004, 05:59 PM
thanx for the welcome, ironfist!