PDA

View Full Version : USA/Canada taijiquan associations

Ma_Xu_Zha
12-10-2003, 10:37 PM
what are currently the leading taijiquan associations in the usa beside the following?

Yang family taijiquan association- i know they are located in redmond washington and they seem to have gotten some structure and integrity agenda going on with yang taiji. led by Yang jun and Yang Zhen Dou, the yang family taiji descendants.

Yongnian association- I understand that they are one of the largest taiji association in the world led by some top masters in mainland china of the woo, wu, yang, sun, chen, and wudang taiji representatives/chapters in different provinces of china and asia. there used to be a shanghai chapter in usa led by He Weiqi in New York until the yongnian president and founder Fu zhong wen passed away. Xianhao in philadelphia wants to start a hangzhou chapter he mentioned recently, but has anyone heard of any other?

chen taijiquan association- led by Ren guang Yi in new york a disciple of chen xiao wang.

chen wang ting association- led by a disciple of Chen zhen lie in DC area.

Cheng Man ching- disciples of cheng man ching and the students of cheng man ching's disciples like ben lo, william cc chen, robert smith, ect seem to have something internationally organized.

scholar
12-11-2003, 10:21 AM
The International Wu Style T'ai Chi Ch'uan Federation.

www.wustyle.com

Ma_Xu_Zha
12-17-2003, 09:50 PM
so far we have:

scholar added: The International Wu Style T'ai Chi Ch'uan Federation.

delibandit- Yin Cheng Gong Fa Association in Pittsburgh PA

Yang family taijiquan association- redmond wa

Yongnian association- ohio, new york, philly, va.

chen taijiquan association- led by Ren guang Yi in new york a disciple of chen xiao wang.

chen wang ting association- DC area.

Cheng Man ching- disciples of cheng in usa

I did some more research to add to the list:

International dong family taiji asociation- hawaii and LA

american michuan taiji association -new york

canadian koushu federation

usa koushu federation- baltimore md

canadian taiji federation

northwest tai chi association- washington state

united states wushu kungfu - baltimore md

international chin woo association- texas

tai chi network