PDA

View Full Version : video trailer of wing chun

edward
12-11-2003, 12:33 PM
Here's a video trailer of our 3 part tv show.... both videos are the same, but size and quality differ...

http://www.windycitywingchun.com/movies/wctvshow.mpg

30 mb

http://www.windycitywingchun.com/movies/wcwctvshow.wmv

13.7 mb

old jong
12-11-2003, 02:26 PM
Nice video Ed but are you getting a little slow?...;)

YongChun
12-11-2003, 05:22 PM
I enjoyed the video clips. Will you be selling tapes of the show?

Phil Redmond
12-11-2003, 09:54 PM
Way to promote WC Ed. Steve from Toronto will love that one of his Warrior dummies is in the video. I have one and I love it.

Brithlor
12-11-2003, 10:35 PM
Wow, very impressive :).

edward
12-12-2003, 11:10 AM
thanks for the comments, orignially we weren't planning to sell the video tape, but we've gotten allot of postive feed back from many, and the quality of 3 - 30 minute shows are up there. We've decided to sell the entire video for 25 bucks, which is pretty cheap....

old jong
12-12-2003, 11:17 AM
Hey Ed!...
It is really not expensive indeed.
But just hearing you sound like Bruce Lee is priceless!...:D ;)

edward
12-12-2003, 11:52 AM
hehehe, personally i hate making sounds and obviously when you do wing chun you wouldn't but, for demo's or tv stuff you have to do it just to entertain the folks....

old jong
12-12-2003, 11:59 AM
Ha!...
I knew it! And, I know that beyond that show business stuff there is Fong's Wing Chun as real and authentic as it gets.
I will be looking forward to get this tape for sure.
Good luck with it.
Michel.
BTW, Have you seen Sifu Patrick article in Kung Fu /Taichi Magazine?...Pretty good!...;)

YongChun
12-12-2003, 05:22 PM
http://www.windycitywingchun.com/multimedia/moviesrandom.html

Look at the last two!

edward
12-13-2003, 10:58 AM
i have not had the chance to check out patricks article yet...

Patrick Gordon
12-14-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by edward
i have not had the chance to check out patricks article yet...

Check it out, it is awesome! :D I was hoping to get some feedback from it but I guess no one has read it :p

Ed, as you know, I am also looking forward to seeing...purchasing one of your tapes. I hope there isn't too much music on it. Take care, regards,

Patrick Gordon.

black and blue
12-15-2003, 03:00 AM
I don't want to sound like a grumpy old sod, but....

But just hearing you sound like Bruce Lee is priceless!...

hehehe, personally i hate making sounds and obviously when you do wing chun you wouldn't but, for demo's or tv stuff you have to do it just to entertain the folks....

... isn't this something we should be avoiding? Why not add a few flying kicks too, the crowd love'em.... have nothing to do with WC/WT/VT, but what the heck! :rolleyes:

edward
12-15-2003, 05:32 AM
stuff like making sounds and bending rules in actually theories and applications in wing chun are a must for demo's or tv shows.

why you might ask... becuase the average joe and from my experience, even seasoned martial artist in general have no idea what wing chun is about..... all they see is motion, they have no idea what structure is, and for that matter sticky hands to many looks like 2 guys playing patty cake....

black and blue
12-15-2003, 06:10 AM
Well, I guess we'll have to agree to differ. :)

If they have no idea what Wing Chun is.... show them! ;)

Too many other martial arts out there wailing like Bruce Lee. For Wing Chun it gives the wrong impression - people who want that would do better to go elsewhere, IMO.

One Wing Chunner I know first saw the art about 10 years ago... it was WC to music and looked more like a dance class. The arts founders would turn in their sunken Junks!

:p

edward
12-15-2003, 03:35 PM
if people are gonna b_tch about bruce lee sounds, then heck... i can't please everyone nor do i want to..... the fact is i could probably talk about santa clause and i'm sure there's someone out there that hates him as well...

as far as your comment, "If they have no idea what Wing Chun is.... show them"

I thought that's what i did with the video..

black and blue
12-16-2003, 02:24 AM
as far as your comment, "If they have no idea what Wing Chun is.... show them", I thought that's what i did with the video..

Well, the Jury is still out.

But it was nicely produced... I'll give you that ;)

edward
12-16-2003, 12:27 PM
i could care less what judge or jury have to say...

old jong
12-16-2003, 03:48 PM
Hey Ed!
I like the self-defense demo section in the clip. I think the machine gun speed and timing you display are more important to the general public than the B.L. sounds you made.
What is wrong in having some fun anyway?...;)

yuanfen
12-16-2003, 04:24 PM
Since it's not geared for quick time- I havent seen it.
Nothing wrong with hamming things up in a demo.

edward
12-16-2003, 06:58 PM
you can still use quicktime to view the videos

yuanfen
12-16-2003, 07:21 PM
Got it ed- quicktime worked! Good and clear- good show.

Joy

Phil Redmond
12-17-2003, 01:15 PM
Hey Ed, Don't fret when people say Bruce Lee sounds. Those sound existed before him.....grin. They obviously don't know their origins.
Phil

old jong
12-17-2003, 02:13 PM
Hey!
I'm sorry about mentioning this in the first place.It was just a tease and it was not a bad jugement about Ed's Wing Chun skills at all!
I want to make this clear for everybody.What I mean is :At this skill level ,no matter if you yell or whisle or make funny sounds.It is a great demo made by a great technician (IMHO) :cool:

Mr Punch
12-19-2003, 11:07 PM
I thought the wee display was a good general intro to the layman.

The podium nonsense at the end was a little cringeworthy but... no worse than 95% of tv.

The strangled chicken noises sounded too good... have you been practising...?!!:D

no matter if you yell or whisle or make funny sounds... I like to **** Colonel Bogie to my chi sao, but switching from a 4:4 to a 5:4 tempo every now and then to make sure I'm not too predictable in my rhythm... bow down before my superior internal chi sao!

edit: you see, my ****ing is so skilled, even the word in my post got four stars!!!