PDA

View Full Version : New Chen Taiji Quan Book

Mo Ling
12-12-2003, 05:50 AM
"Jia Chuan Chen Shi Taijiquan Gongfu Jia, Yi Lu Cai Tu Ji" (Chen Family Taijiquan Lineage Gongfu Form First Road photo collection of ChenYu) Is ready.
This book is hardcover, 8 x 11 inches at least, with 922 color posture photos of ChenYu's Yi Lu. The book is being published with a pressing of only 2000, and the quality is very nice. It is a limited time collectors item for those who love or have interest in Chen Taijiquan.
If you are interested or want to get the book, you may contact me through our site:
www.taijigongfu.com
check www.taijigongfu.com/products.html

thanks.
M

GeneChing
12-17-2003, 06:17 PM
Here's another new Chen book (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/bcntpgr001.html) that's not quite so pricey.

Mo Ling
12-20-2003, 01:06 AM
I am sensing some competitive unease here with such book postings...?

This photographic book of Chenyu's cost more than 14.95 to make, even in China.

Anyway, if you dont like our price, you wont be forced to buy it, but such implied criticism does nothing to reduce our printing and shipping cost.

David Jamieson
12-20-2003, 08:15 AM
the sumo puppies are hilarious.

mo ling, this is a commercial site afterall :)

It would raise an eyebrow or two if jc penny was selling shoes at sears at the front door wouldn't ya say?

cheers

Mo Ling
12-20-2003, 11:10 PM
glad you like the dogs, that is our secret gongfu, we only practice like that behind closed doors, and when the food dish is empty

ngokfei
12-23-2003, 07:10 PM
That book of Chen Yu looks okay but for non chinese speaking public its only a nice collectable.

Does it have historical photos of past Chen Practitioners and Scenary.

If so then perhaps it might be work something but $60 can get most of the Chen Books available in english.

Ren Guan Yi's book is okay but they should have waited until it had more info and material. IMO as a consumer.

Mo Ling
12-25-2003, 06:47 AM
Well anyhow, the book actually is translated into English, besides it is mostly photos anyhow. As I think I said it is a PHOTOGRAPHIC book, and It has been well mentioned that it is sort of a nice collectors book. If you were actually hoping this book would somehow TEACH you gongfu, I am sorry about the misunderstanding.

Anyway, some people just have nothing to do but complain, the price of the book is not an issue for debate, it is just a one of a kind book that will only be available for a limited time and not easy to get either. It was not meant to satisfy everyone, if some of you are feeling dissatisfied by the post :) I hope you can find more fulfillment in other eareas of life. For those of you who caan understand the value of such a book, feel free to contact me.
M

www.taijigongfu.com