PDA

View Full Version : Lets get Ashida Kim

8stepsifu
08-09-2000, 11:04 AM
Ashida Kim has a 10,000 dollar challenge to anyone that can defeat him in single combat. I think that we should raise the money and get a UFC champ to beat the living **** out of him (not Gracie, someone more like Tank). Remember that he has "secretly trained all the UFC fighters that have won" so this should be the fight of the century. Check him out at www.ashidakim.com (http://www.ashidakim.com)

silentjohn
08-09-2000, 07:17 PM
We could just get Chuck Norris and his Texas rangers to come and save us...

Red Adder
08-10-2000, 02:06 AM
He must be good he has written 15 books on the subject. How about you? Whatever you do you don't want to end up on his official ****list, with such companies as Amazon.

8stepsifu
08-10-2000, 06:32 AM
WHat the hell is he going to do? Boycott me? Good, I wouldn't accept that lunatic as a student anyway. By the way, writing books only means you have lots of time on your hands. It doesn't make you know any more than the next guy. At the time he wrote those books nobody knew what was real and what wasn't and it didn't matter because there was a market for his kind of crap after all those ninja movies came out in the 80's. He capitalized on it. Good for him. He's still a loser and a fraud just like his "cool" friend Count Dante. I firmly believe that anyone that buys into his garbage A. believes professional wrestling is real. B. Has an IQ of 13 and C.Has some form of mental retardation.

Just for the record I am Grandmaster of Pokemon style kung fu and New Grandmaster of all Ninja styles. To be officially recognized as a ninja you must pay me $15 pesos.

totallyfrozen
08-15-2000, 01:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 8stepsifu:
Remember that he has "secretly trained all the UFC fighters that have won" so this should be the fight of the century.[/quote]

Huh? I didn't know that. Of course if he "secretly" trained them, then that explains why I didn't know that....but it does NOT explain how you DO know it.

Somehow, I doubt that he has trained all the UFC fighters that have won. For example, I doubt that Royce Gracie's father would have taken to kindly to training Royce from a child only to have him go over to study under this Ninja guy.
Perhaps, you were being sarcastic or whatever but I couldn't tell.

There are plenty of people who could beat Kim, I'm sure...but most of them aren't the type of guys who will take him up on such an offer.
Just because a "master" doesn't take someone up on a juvenile challenge like that doesn't mean that they don't think they could or would win. Actually, that last comment wasn't so much for you as it was for others who have mouthed off disrespectful things about martial arts and masters.

If what you say is true, I think that Kim has disgraced himself. He should simply enter the UFC himself and do what he's got to do. So far, I don't remember seeing a ninja win the UFC...I could be wrong, though, since I haven't seen them all.

totallyfrozen
08-15-2000, 01:52 PM
I just visited your link to his site.

I like how he said that "all criticism is just a form of jelousy." So anytime you tell someone they are wrong or are doing something wrong are you jelous? I wonder if he told his instructors, when he was coming up, that they were just jelous. If they tried to correct his technique did he think they were just jelous?

I don't know much about him or ninjitsu other than it was a big fad in the 80's. He couldn't have really meant that could he? I'm criticizing what I've read...even now...and I'm not jelous of him. In my opinion, he has spent his life studying how to kill...that's a waste. Learning how to preserve your own life is not the same as learning how to assasinate someone else. Like I said, there is alot about ninjitsu that I don't understand.

He also claimed on the webpage that ninjitsu was HIS system. Is he trying to say that it's the system he studies or that it's the system which he invented? As far as I know ninjitsu is CENTURIES old...perhaps, millenia old.

He also mentioned a disclaimer and waiver form in the event that the challenger is killed, crippled, or maimed. Hmmm....you know, I would assume that he should know how to knock someone unconscious without killing, crippling, or maiming them. My system's (Ryukyu Kempo) high master (Taika Oyata) knows how to do this. This Ashida Kim guys sounds pretty mean. I don't think it would be necessary to kill, cripple, or maim anyone...not to mention..the law doesn't allow for a waiver like that. Homicide and suicide are crimes and you cannot sign a contract agreeing to be a victim (and thus a participant) of either. The same goes for crippling and maiming.

One other thing. He talks about being declared the winner if the opponent is disqulalified for unsportsman like conduct and then, in the next sentence, says "No judges, no holds barred, last man standing is the Champ."
If there are no judges and no holds barred, what would be unsportsman like? Not letting Kim win? If there are no rules and no judges and no holds barred...there could be weapons used, right? If Kim uses a weapon, it's ninjitsu...if you use a weapon it's unsportsman like, right? I'm guessing here...but I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm embarrassed for him. If he is the grandmaster of this system then he shouldn't have allowed himself to get this worked up and shouldnt' be talking about all this.
I think it could be a publicity stunt.

If you notice. All the money comes from the challenger and Kim has any number of ways to get it. There isn't any reward offered to the person who beats Kim...but Kim get's your $25,000 if you lose. He gets your $10,000 either way. He wants to sell tickets and get half of the ticket sales...up front.
It sounds to me like Kim wants to have a public demonstration and doesn't want to pay for it...but rather sucker someone else into paying for his advertising.

I don't know much about this but I'm not impressed with this AT ALL. Even if I had the ability to kill God with the touch of my finger I wouldn't take him up on this offer. Pay $10,000 for the "priviledge" to fight this guy? Give me a break!

He sounds like a mean, hateful guy. What a turn off but then again...ninjas traditionally were hired assasins. I suppose if you are going to spend your life studying the art of murder, you're going to be a mean, bitter guy.

I love the marketing tactic, "$10,000 Challenge" It sounds like you could win $10,000 until you read it and realize that YOU have to pay the $10,000 and you don't get it back no matter what.

He wouldn't enter a kumite or a even a UFC because he wouldn't get his money. He wants to be paid like a pro boxer but there isn't a market for ninjas. Maybe book sales are falling and he needs to come up with some other way to get rich. Ninjitsu was a big fad in the 80's but in the 90's Royce Gracie started the BJJ craze. Sounds like Kim spent his whole life studying ninjitsu and now realizes that it's not a very marketable skill....unless you work for the Mafia, I guess. I think I see what he is trying to do...but all he will get is a bunch of people to notice the challenge and a few kids will be suckered into thinking that he must really be tough if he can challenge anyone like that...but no one will take him up on the challenge and in the end, he won't make any money off of it. He'll just look mean and bitter.

Speaking of mean and bitter, he made a comment about, "getting up each day to joyfully participate in the sorrow that is one's life." See what I mean? Life is alot of work...but why see it as sorrow? My mother was an alcoholic and hanged herself to death when I was 10...I found her body by myself the next morning..but I don't look at life as sorrow.
Gee, how noble...what a real trooper...let's all feel sorry for him and pat him on the back...he "joyfully participates" in the "sorrow" of his life. Gosh, I wish I was so noble and great. I'm sorry, but that just sounds like something an alcoholic would say.

Pathetic.

mild7
08-15-2000, 03:11 PM
from my understanding Ashida Kim is a fake. In the sense that he does'nt have a 'proven' lineage to any ninjitsu grandmasters.
Count Dante does not qualify as one.

The thing about Dante and Kim though, is that while they may have questionable backgrounds regarding their "art", they certainly are scary ppl. Just because they did'nt learn a "real" art(in their case, real ninjitsu) does'nt mean they are useless. Kim and co practice killing and other now redundant things. They are still stuck in a different timezone, a different world. This is their choice thoguh.

MMA FIGHTER
08-17-2000, 10:03 AM
The only thing Ashida Kim practices killing are the trees he kills to produce the garbage he sells on his web site.

vingtsunstudent
08-17-2000, 11:12 PM
hey folks let me tell u a little ninja story
me(6'1&240p)& a mate(6'3 & over 300p) were working a door 1 night & just having a bit of a convo.(there wasn't any sign of trouble)when this dude who was all of 5'3 &130pounds comes alongafter standing there for a while he say to us(& this is no bs) if there's any trouble don't worry i've got ya back i'm a ninja.after i proceeded to ask him if he could vanish in a puff of smoke(wich i meant as a joke)he went on to inform us that 'no i have to go to china(not japan)to learn that'
well after an hour on the ground laughing he
finally left no less in the belief that he was a """ninja"""

totallyfrozen
08-18-2000, 03:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Red Adder:
...he has written 15 books on the subject...you don't want to end up on his official ****list, with such companies as Amazon.[/quote]

You mean Amazon.com is a book store?!

And all this time I thought it was a mail order bride service! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

------------------
"There is only ONE martial art"

thekuntawman
08-22-2000, 05:15 AM
ashida kim's real name is Chris Hunter. I know somebody that knows him, he says ashida kim is just a name he come up with to sell his stuff.

i thought "kim" is a korean name.