PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Kungfukid

kungfukid
08-10-2000, 06:17 AM
Hey Guys!
It's good to be back.
I move to Florida a month ago, and this is the first time I've had to write anything.
However, I have been reading your replies to my question about sparring, and I love every last one of them. I plan on anwering all of them soon. But in the mean time, I have this to say.

First, I've started studying Choy li Fut. From what I've learned so far (I've had one lesson) I seem to like it. Can any one tell me more about it. Is it a good system? Do you enjoy it? Stuff like that.

Second, here's something else for you MA Scholars to chew on, and this has to do with my post about sparring. Has anyone noticed that your opponent tells you how to beat them?

Can't wait to hear from you.
KFD

nospam
08-10-2000, 08:26 AM
Welcome back.

I too do CLF- Buck Sing. Of course it is a great style! Proud heritage too. But aren't they all /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

To respond on your second part of your post...of course they do! It is called Dynamic Interchange. A no brainer, really. It is the jist behind phrases like "..be like water, my friend" & "Kung Fu is formless". And when ya think of it, its funny because kung fu gets such a bad wrap about focusing too much on forms!! hahaha BUt for those who figured it out or have been instructed or otherwise informed, they are merely systemic tools or well laid out directions on how to...well...keep moving.

So...be like water Friends.

WSLfan
08-25-2000, 05:20 PM
I've heard it is a fast style. And also that the guys in Hong Kong can break the arms off a wooden dummy.