PDA

View Full Version : I need some help

deezy24
12-15-2003, 09:34 AM
My friend and me are thinking about going to Tai Chi school. We know nothing about Tai Chi and I don't know if any of you guys/gals know Tai Chi and know what to expect before we get involved. I am looking into taking Tai Chi because i think it will give me a sense of internal balance but in a fluid fighting style. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!:)

-Darren

No_Know
12-15-2003, 10:22 AM
Do the general idea of the movements as they relate to your ability and flexibility. Detail can come later. Better to do somethig Now than to. Be perfectionist and not be doing the moves. You learn As you do. Doing, Mind-fully, gets you Better.

Notice the joints and how much or little each moves.

Be aware that if you can't pick the other foot off of the floor withoutlosing balance or falling back on it, then you do not have all of your weight shifted over the other foot/leg.

Chang Style Novice
12-15-2003, 10:26 AM
Ideally, you will get just exactly what you hope to from taiji - that's what it's famous for as a fighting art.

Unfortunately, fighting taiji is kinda rare (although it seems to be experiencing something of a resurgence) so be sure to ask about pushing hands and san shou practice. If they don't have it where you want to learn, you don't want to learn there.

deezy24
12-15-2003, 10:37 AM
Thanks guys! I appreciate your help!:cool: