PDA

View Full Version : Started submission wrestling!

Musicalkatachmp
12-15-2003, 09:42 AM
Had my first submission wrestling class yesterday it was awesome...

Chang Style Novice
12-15-2003, 09:56 AM
Details, girlfriend!

(two snaps up in a circle, left to right head-bob)

Meat Shake
12-15-2003, 10:00 AM
*stomps foot and throws binder across the room, papers flying everywhere*
ITS RIGHT TO LEFT GOD ****IT, RIGHT TO LEFT!!!!!!!!!!

Musicalkatachmp
12-15-2003, 10:03 AM
I learned the armbar, kneebar, hot to maintain and escape from side control, the guard, high keylock, low keylock, we spent a lot of time on the basics. But the submissions were really cool...then we wrestled for like an hour or more...I did pretty good standing up but once it went to the the mat this guy had like unlimited submissions...overall I'm real excited and I would like to enter a competition soon...

Meat Shake
12-15-2003, 10:09 AM
Rolling is just as fun as stand up, no? :)

Chang Style Novice
12-15-2003, 10:11 AM
Sounds kinda like the couple of meetings I went to at the university judo club. I didn't have the time to continue with it, but based on the three chokes, cycle of holddowns and several arm bars (one straight, two bent) I learned, it woulda been a real valuable thing to pursue.

Ah well, someday...

Musicalkatachmp
12-15-2003, 10:16 AM
Yeah rolling is a lot of fun...I kept trying to get the knee bar, that one looks really cool, I think...I'll try to get some unsuspecting cats at the gym with it...

Suntzu
12-15-2003, 10:35 AM
LOL @ unsuspecting.... when most of us are READING THIS right now.... :D

Merryprankster
12-15-2003, 12:15 PM
STOP NOW!!!

Submission wrestling will only inhibit your CMA. Submission wrestling has no Jing, no root, no sensitivity and no flow. The power generation is COMPLETELY different as they use the human body as their instrument of physical expression and we use ummm... the human body. So... ummm.... but CMA uses it differently! In CMA, the elbow joint is ball and socket.

You'll never get an armbar on a CMA master.

Just quit now so you can go back to ummm...

Yeah.

Pork Chop
12-15-2003, 12:33 PM
Nice to see you knowing your role MerryP. :p
Seriously though, Sunday went down kinda weird with my flu and the crazy weather out here.
I didn't get to go, but I'm definitely going to make it to the next gathering.

MKC
Yah, kinda hard to have a secret, suprise technique when you openly advertise it in public. :D
I do wanna see this kneebar though...
*has visions of the figure four with the Ric Flair head shake*

Merryprankster
12-15-2003, 12:35 PM
I just want to know if it's The Nature Boy Ric Flair or Ric, Jiggly Ass, Flair.

Pork Chop
12-15-2003, 12:49 PM
It's the Naycha WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Boy!
*obligatory slaps to the chest while opponent is stuck against the ropes*

Musicalkatachmp
12-15-2003, 01:06 PM
Submission wrestling will only inhibit your CMA. Submission wrestling has no Jing, no root, no sensitivity and no flow.

Yeah this guy had some good submissions, but I don't think he could repel attackers like the old temple masters...I mean sure he can go for an armbar, but what if I strike his internal organs with a pheonix eye fist, tiger's claw, monkey's paw, or some other short story by Edgar Allen Poe.

What must I do to counter the damage this has done? I practiced my form's all morning and did chi kung in between, already I can feel my chi blockage from wrestling clearing up...

I'm really scared b/c I do have to work with some CMA guys tomorrow...first at Gold's Gym with sun tzu and bmore and then at my kung fu school with some other ultratraditional cats...

LOL @ unsuspecting.... when most of us are READING THIS right now....

We will see...you still don't know exactly what to look for and I didn't post everything he showed me on here....