PDA

View Full Version : False Information!

Jim Roselando
12-15-2003, 11:51 AM
Hello all,

This is a letter I sent to a person in Belgium who has recently published a book that is basically a compiled piece of info. (most of which is not accurate) using my name as part of it without permission or real training in my families lineage. I am releasing this info. to make sure this is cleared up before more people get mis-informed and to prevent more people from being mis-lead.

This is exactly they type of stuff that hurts our WC art!

The book was published by: Johnny Ryckewaert who trains under the Wang Kiu "Yip Man" WC lineage.

JR 12/03

Recently I have recieved e-mails regarding your book! I was told that you listed me as a pupil of Mui Wai Hun, Augustine Fong and Robert Chu. It also has you listed in my lineage as pupils of mine. Your book also has my picture in it and a bunch of inaccurate information regarding the history of WC such as Pan Nam being Yuen Kay San's teacher etc..

First: While I have trained with numerous people I never once trained with Augusting Fong. I did how ever train with Randy Williams for 5 years. I did train with Robert Chu for a day and investigated his 40 point system/approach but have never preserved or practiced his art. I only practice and preserve the art I was discipled in by Mui Wai Hun sifu and the Fung family!

Second: While in the past I have tried to help you with your investigation of Koo Lo teaching the only training you ever recieved from me was a public tape my sifu was selling. I sent you this tape in good faith but this does not qualify you as Koo Lo lineage or an authority to promote Koo Lo WC under my name.

Third: In your book you made use of my photo without asking for permission and listed a bunch of wrong info. regarding Koo Lo and 22 points etc.. You also listed Pan Nam as Yuen Kay San's sifu when that is totally wrong!

Last: I am extremely disappointed to find out this information and to find out you are the source. For a long time you e-mailed me regularly and I was always kind to you. Now, because of this incident, I need to make some public statements to clear up any problems or confusion.

In the future please do not use my name or information!

Regards,

John Weiland
12-15-2003, 12:02 PM
Hi Jim,

You should get a lawyer involved.

Regards,

anerlich
12-15-2003, 02:34 PM
I agree with John. Get a lawyer's letter on the record in case things start to get weird.

reneritchie
12-15-2003, 02:40 PM
Hard lesson for you to learn, Jimbo. I've learned it myself on previous occasions. You must be discriminating with what you tell to whom and when.

Chat and exchange with friends. Do not become a quicky-mart for internet users. If you have something to share with people you don't know, put it in an article so there's no question as to source.

If people want to learn KLPS, they can come see you or your sifu, or the Fung's, or fly someone out there.

And publicize what this guy did. Heck, I'll even post it on the web if you want.

reneritchie
12-15-2003, 02:42 PM
Oh, and contact the guy's publisher (if not self-published). Luckily, Americans are so sue-happy, others have grown afraid ;)

planetwc
12-15-2003, 04:16 PM
Hey Jim,

How about that Koo Lo tape you mentioned giving this guy?
Can you send *me* one?

I won't even claim to be your todai, until after you die! :D

How is THAT for a deal!

Seriously, are there tapes/VCD/DVD on Koo Lo WC available?

FIRE HAWK
12-15-2003, 05:33 PM
I would like to have or buy the Koo Lo Wing Chun video too , I could trade you other video tapes of Wing Chun for it ?

black and blue
12-16-2003, 02:29 AM
Jim,

This is a shameless attempt to peddle your videos... shocking! :D

But I too would be very interested in a tape/DVD of your line's WCK.

Any details you can post?

reneritchie
12-16-2003, 08:01 AM
I was once asked for a tape of my sifu doing all his sets. Rather than just say 'no', I responded back asking them whether they were planning on sending me a tape of their sifu doing all his sets. They grew quickly incensed. How dare I ask for such a thing.

What is the value of something, what will you invest to attain it, and how will you prevent that investment from losing all value?

black and blue
12-16-2003, 08:12 AM
Rene,

Again... a shameless attempt to sell your Sifu's videos :D

How much I invest depends entirely on how much you charge for them! :D ;)

reneritchie
12-16-2003, 08:37 AM
12 bars of gold pressed latinum!

black and blue
12-16-2003, 08:41 AM
7 and a bottle of Klingon blood wine... I can offer no more!

reneritchie
12-16-2003, 09:18 AM
Throw in one of them green women, and we gotta deal!

Jim Roselando
12-16-2003, 12:33 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the support!

For what its worth I spoke with this person for a long time. He was nice and we talked about lots of stuff. Eventually I broke down and sent him something my sifu used to sell to the public with some basic info. on there. The info. was for him and his son to use and practice from. It was real basic info..

He does not seem to think there was a problem for him to place my photo and other stuff in there without letting me know. I have to disagree. I have not spoken with him for almost a year and then this. Oh well, such is life.

Now for the good news! That video will be selling for $108-! Place your orders now! hehehehehehe

Joke of course!

That video was not very good and is not a good representation of our art. Its just a few things and has not been sold for a long time. Only a few people from outside the club purchased it.

After reading his reply today I can see he does not think it was a big deal since he credited me for the basics he knows but I can only say we will have to agree to disagree. He said he would remove the photo and info.. If that happens I can say atleast that is honorable.

Gotta run!

See ya

planetwc
12-16-2003, 12:34 PM
Ok,

So now Firehawk, Rene and Jim are ALL sending me WC video sets?

Cool! What a nice Christmas this will be. :D

Anyone else want to send me WC videos? :p

reneritchie
12-16-2003, 12:57 PM
You'll be getting one of the super secret Fok Yiu series soon!

Jim Roselando
12-16-2003, 01:11 PM
Hey RR!

You'll be getting one of the super secret Fok Yiu series soon!

This an advanced skill! Are you sure you want to share this with everyone?

:D

reneritchie
12-16-2003, 01:43 PM
Ah, now Jimbo will be getting the Fok Yiu-Tu!

FIRE HAWK
12-16-2003, 02:28 PM
I want one too!

black and blue
12-17-2003, 07:45 AM
Got one in Glasgow, Scotland last year... nothing to write home about.