PDA

View Full Version : The Sunburst Natural Fist System

The_Student
12-15-2003, 02:19 PM
Hi,

I would like to ask you guys if you have any experciens of Grandmaster Rick Wards kungfu system, The Sunburst Natural Fist System!

How does it look like, what is good, what is bad.. if any :)

What about the other systems they train, thier mantis kali etc..??

Thanks!

Kristoffer
12-15-2003, 02:31 PM
Never heard of it

Kristoffer
12-15-2003, 02:39 PM
sites?

http://www.google.se/search?q=The+Sunburst+Natural+Fist+System&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=sv&btnG=Google-s%C3%B6kning&meta=

BAI HE
12-15-2003, 06:13 PM
I prefer the "Starburst", not so natural, fruit chew.

Chang Style Novice
12-15-2003, 06:32 PM
I like the sunburst fender telecaster musical art system.

Royal Dragon
12-15-2003, 06:54 PM
I don't have any experiance with him directly, but I am told it's his own thing, and thearfore is as good, or bad as his talent, and skill dictates

norther practitioner
12-16-2003, 10:14 AM
Wow, I thought RD would chime in on one of his masters...

found here (http://www.blueridgekungfu.net/profile.shtml)

MasterKiller
12-16-2003, 10:21 AM
Isn't that Asheville site OSO's school?

Royal Dragon
12-16-2003, 10:26 AM
Rick Ward hasn't done anything to **** me off, and the fact that he's named what he's doing himself, instead of trying to steal another systems name and teaching whatever, gives him some credibilty in my book.

He's trying to be honest, even though he came up in a very dishonest enviroment.

Remeber, the Kung Fu those guys do is not bad persey, it's just not what they cliam it is. If he takes what he lerned, and codefied it into a good system, and named it himself becasue it's his own work, I can't knock him for that.

Oso
12-16-2003, 10:34 AM
MK, yes it is.

Wuz going to stay out of this one but...

I trained under Rick Ward for 13 years. 3 of those as the sibok/senior instrucor for the Boone school. There were some good times and good training. I learned a lot of things from Rick but the most important, IMO, is to keep an open mind about martial arts and martial artists. He is a good teacher and has produced some good fighters.

I no longer actively train under him having recently started training in Pong Lai Praying Mantis and Kwanmukan Jujitsu.

any other questions will be answered if I know the answer and things are kept reasonably civil.:)

Oso
12-16-2003, 10:42 AM
He's trying to be honest, even though he came up in a very dishonest enviroment.

RD, only post ELF.

The mantis he had has came from another sifu way before Kash.
He also had the Yang long form way before meeting Kash.
He is also ranked as a 3rd degree black under Remy Presas and was a very close student for quite a while and **** good with the sticks and blade.

He is very active in the community as a volunteer reserve deputy and has given free women's SD classes for years and raises a nice little sum of money for St. Jude's every year.

norther practitioner
12-16-2003, 10:46 AM
Sorry, just after the last month, and hearing you guys.. it usually just sends up a little reddish orange flag in my head.

Royal Dragon
12-16-2003, 11:59 AM
So he had a Yang Long form prior? That's cool. I didn't know he had all that other experiance.

Oso
12-16-2003, 01:00 PM
NP, no sweat, like I said I'm on to greener pastures.
Rick will always get my respect, just don't agree with all his decisions.

RD, yea, he's been training since the late 70's.
First in Judo under his uncle who learned while in the military.
Then the mantis and tai chi.
Then some muay thai
Then some hapkido.
*forgot this*
Then some southern 5 animal.
Then some arnis.
Kash didn't come into the picture till 95 or so.

Meat Shake
12-16-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
I like the sunburst fender telecaster musical art system.

CSN has taken the correct and wailed out a 10 minute solo on it.

Oso
12-16-2003, 01:45 PM
CSN is just a tai chi guy...he doesn't have the stamina for a 10 minute solo.

:D

;)

Chang Style Novice
12-16-2003, 01:49 PM
Thinline semi-hollowbody...yum. (http://www.rastromusical.com/rastro%20musical/guitarra_electricas/fenix_tele_thinline_cuerpo_web.jpg) Stick a humbucker in the neck position and that's my dream ax. You could probably even get a nice stacked hb that wouldn't require any extra routing.

Chang Style Novice
12-16-2003, 01:50 PM
I'll have you know I do a ten minute solo every night!

The aloe and lanolin lotion helps a great deal.:eek:

It's what I like to call "solo grappling practice."

Oso
12-16-2003, 01:57 PM
just remember the kittens dude.

Chang Style Novice
12-16-2003, 02:00 PM
I get paid on commission by the city pound.