PDA

View Full Version : Help with home training

Arhat of Fury
12-15-2003, 09:06 PM
I currently am unable to afford a school, so Im practicing at home with heavy bag and KB gloves 8OZ'ers.

I'm looking for combinations to work on repetitiously. some that involve kicks and punches. I would like them to flow together i.e. right now I have been working on left jab, right cross, L upper cut,left hook, R roundhouse (high)

This training supplements my CLF training(at home) and helps with my stamina/cardio.

So, If you have an effective combo you think I could benefit from, I would appreciate it. After all any combo wont do if it doesnt flow.

Thanks,

AOF

Okinawan_Lohan
12-15-2003, 10:30 PM
I'm assuming the CLF stands for Choy Li Fut?

In any event, to get some combinations which will aid in your development of your style, take a sequence from a form and use this series as your "combination."

I'll use one of my kata as an example.

In Naihanchi kata, there is a sequence; hook block, elbow, chamber, low block/strike, rear hand spear strike. I just take the sequence from the kata and apply it to the bag in almost the same manner as I would striking/controlling an opponent.
Yes, one can't grab and control the cylindrical bag, but the idea of the movement and the impact of the strikes, as well as footwork, can be improved from these types of drills.

rubthebuddha
12-15-2003, 10:35 PM
Khun Kao Charuad offered up his workouts a while back. i suggest sifting through those.

IronFist
12-15-2003, 11:14 PM
I think SevenStar posted a list of combos a while ago. I'm not sure if it was him or not. Try searching for "bag combos" or something like that.

Arhat of Fury
12-16-2003, 09:54 AM
will do, thanks gentlemen.

Okinawan_Lohan- I actually kick boc and practice choy lay fut. In some senses they can compliment each other, but not for the most part.

anyway, I go search now.