PDA

View Full Version : Return of the King

dwid
12-17-2003, 08:17 AM
Anyone catch one of the midnight shows last night?

I did. It's like 3.5 hours long, so I'll be paying for it all day at work, but it was awesome.

You all should go out and see it. Right now. Your bosses will understand.

Seriously, though, it was extremely well-done, a beautifully crafted piece of film.

Judge Pen
12-17-2003, 08:58 AM
I agree 100%. I was not a Tolkein person before (I'm still not) but the movies are amazing and this is the best of the bunch.

ZIM
12-17-2003, 09:38 AM
Haven't seen it yet. :(

But it WAS a big misunderstanding they say. (http://rover.wiesbaden.netsurf.de/~lalaith/Tolkien/Diary.html)

Vash
12-17-2003, 11:49 PM
Maybe it's because it was midnight, and I'd already been sitting there for 45 minutes when it started. Maybe it was because my rib was bothering me. Maybe it's because I don't like fantasy stuff.

I kinda liked it, but not much. I wanted to dig the non-Hobbit folk, but I just couldn't really empathize with them. Don't know why.

Anyway, got to spend the time before, during, and after with my girlfriend, so the evening wasn't a total waste.

Chinwoo-er
12-31-2003, 08:25 PM
Is it just me ? Or does the movie makes the Gondorians look like a bunch of wuss ? I mean compare them with the Rohirrims. The Rohirrims charged at everything the bad guys had to throw at them. Orcs and war onliphaunts alike. But the Gonderians ? They just kept retreating and retreating. Sure, they had to fight those trolls and all, but really, the movie made the soldiers of Gonder look like pushovers.

aside from that, I must agree. One of the best movies I have ever seen. Although I definately was hoping to see the confrontation between Gandalf and the Witch King.

Judge Pen
01-02-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Chinwoo-er

aside from that, I must agree. One of the best movies I have ever seen. Although I definately was hoping to see the confrontation between Gandalf and the Witch King.

Agreed. I'd bet there is some footage for the extended version.

Kristoffer
01-02-2004, 09:50 AM
I saw it finally, and I love it. Altough I kept hoping someone would clip that annoying Frodo in the end. I think the story would have been better if he'd died with Gollum, equally blinded by the ring.
This movie could have been like 5 hours without it bothering me!

Judge Pen
01-03-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Kristoffer
I saw it finally, and I love it. Altough I kept hoping someone would clip that annoying Frodo in the end. I think the story would have been better if he'd died with Gollum, equally blinded by the ring.
This movie could have been like 5 hours without it bothering me!

I think you are right, but that a complaint for Mr. Tolkien, not Peter Jackson. Don't worry, I believe the extended version will be about 5 hours long.

Kristoffer
01-03-2004, 01:53 PM
Yeah, big up Tolky. Hope they decide to do the other books too. Those Simalirrians and Bilbo or what their called..

Vash
01-03-2004, 02:47 PM
I think Liv Tyler and that blonde, horse-riding chick would've grooved, given the chance.

:eek:

Kristoffer
01-03-2004, 03:59 PM
Frodo would hook up with some orc action