View Full Version : Wow - Great Videos

truewrestler
12-18-2003, 08:29 AM
http://www.man-magazine.nl/movie/remyko.wmv

http://www.mixedmartialart.com/dragonhead/franca-sato.WMV

More Videos: http://www.bjj.pl/bjjfor/viewforum.php?f=8

David Jamieson
12-18-2003, 11:17 AM
first one was a landed flying roundhouse to the head. wow, that's something you don't see often.

second one is about the best choke hold you could get on an opponent imo.

cheers

truewrestler
12-18-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
second one is about the best choke hold you could get on an opponent imo. 2nd best :p

http://www.groundfighter.com/uploads/videos/GarciaSequence0.wmv

Actually not many people can finish with the guillotine with one arm inside (atleast not often in MMA) but that's like the guy's specialty

Chang Style Novice
12-18-2003, 11:34 AM
Can't see the Remyko clip, dangit.

David Jamieson
12-18-2003, 11:35 AM
that one takes more effort than the first one shown, which takes almost no effort to keep on.

the one you just posted doesn't totally destroy the opponents position of strength, but the first one devistates it. In the first he is just locking and leaning.

In the second one he really has to work against the squirm. Yeah he gets it in the end, but I still think the first lock and choke is the best one if you can get it.

cheers

truewrestler
12-18-2003, 11:44 AM
KL, usually people get out of the one arm in guillotine is all I'm saying... and even a full guillotine. It of course depends on the skill of the fighters applying and defending. No big deal though :D

Have you seen DeSouze versus Rodriguez from UFC 32 which ends in a guillotine standing? It is at the ufc website under Videos for UFC 32 (although you have to sign-up for a free account). You should check it out... he has the one arm guillotine and tries to apply pressure, the guy picks him up and he switches to a full guillotine

http://www.ufc.tv/multimedia/multimedia.asp

Ford Prefect
12-18-2003, 11:51 AM
Wow. I never knew you could actually finish with a one arm in guillatine. The only time I ever saw it in training BJJ, competing in tournies, watching tournies, and watching NHB was Braga vs Horn in the UFC but it was more of a sideways neck crank than a choke.

truewrestler
12-18-2003, 11:59 AM
"and watching NHB was Braga vs Horn in the UFC but it was more of a sideways neck crank than a choke"

I'm almost positive that he didn't have an arm in when he finished. The finish was strange because horn was up against the cage and Braga change his hands to push up instead of pulling up... was very cool.

FatherDog
12-18-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Ford Prefect
Wow. I never knew you could actually finish with a one arm in guillatine. The only time I ever saw it in training BJJ, competing in tournies, watching tournies, and watching NHB was Braga vs Horn in the UFC but it was more of a sideways neck crank than a choke.

The Schultz brothers, Dave and Mark, used to do this in freestyle and folkstyle wrestling competition. They'd get a front headlock, shift the arm, choke their opponent unconscious, jostle him to make it look like he was moving, and then pancake him and pin him.

truewrestler
12-18-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by FatherDog
The Schultz brothers, Dave and Mark, used to do this in freestyle and folkstyle wrestling competition. They'd get a front headlock, shift the arm, choke their opponent unconscious, jostle him to make it look like he was moving, and then pancake him and pin him. Yeah, I think Mark put out a video a couple years ago specifically about applying pressure/choking with the front headlock.

He also tore up a guy's arm in a freestyle wrestling competition... i think in the late 80's. A guy shot in on a single leg and he got a double-wristlock (kimura)... he then did a complete back arch with the arm and tore the guy's arm all up. He was DQed from the tournament after review. (i haven't seen the video though)

I saw a freestyle match on ESPN 2 like 3 or 4 years ago between the US and I believe Iran. One of the US wrestlers was going for a turn using the leg and midway through wasn't getting the turn and switched to a half-boston crab achilles lock. His opponent still resisted the turn but the foot/achilles lock was really tight and he started screaming in pain and the guy's foot/ankled was injured. I don't remember if he could continue. I've been kicking myself ever since for not taping that match. The replay of the half-boston crab achilles lock so painful to watch. The US wrestler didn't get into any trouble for some reason.

Judge Pen
12-18-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
first one was a landed flying roundhouse to the head. wow, that's something you don't see often.

second one is about the best choke hold you could get on an opponent imo.

cheers

I think the guy that got hit with the flying roundhouse must have been stuneed from a prior technique.

truewrestler
12-18-2003, 01:12 PM
yeah, someone on the underground said he was dropped with a body shot right before the video

MasterKiller
12-18-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by truewrestler
2nd best :p

http://www.groundfighter.com/uploads/videos/GarciaSequence0.wmv

Actually not many people can finish with the guillotine with one arm inside (atleast not often in MMA) but that's like the guy's specialty What am I supposed to be seeing in this clip. They are facing away from the camera and I can't tell what the choke looks like.

truewrestler
12-18-2003, 01:56 PM
armdrag to rear choke (sleeper)

edit: regular old rear naked choke but I think the twisting of the other fighter to escape the position (trying to get his back to the mat) made the choke much tighter.... you can actually see him shake as the choke it tightens on his trachea and he goes out then he rolls to his belly and the match is stopped

David Jamieson
12-18-2003, 02:18 PM
Oh for sure the guy who got kicked in teh head was hurting already.

He really trys to shy away from it, but it planted anyway, with the instep no less! it was a reall good kick, i think it would've hurt whether the other guy was hurting already or not.

cheers

truewrestler
12-18-2003, 02:24 PM
Check out the sample video from the guy's new instructional set :eek: ...the first one is the armdrag to getting the back. He locks up his hands around the head and far arm for control, like in the match video right before switch to the choke.

http://www.groundfighter.com/product_details.asp?prodid=178&catid=51

MasterKiller
12-18-2003, 02:27 PM
Ah. OK. That's a pretty sweet setup for the choke.

Volcano Admim
12-18-2003, 03:20 PM
yeah right, im gonna spend time downloading some crap martial arts clip when i could spend that time downloading pr0n, yeah right

**** YOU!!

David Jamieson
12-18-2003, 03:45 PM
take your lithium now! :D

look out, volcano is going off. hahaha=lol

truewrestler
12-19-2003, 10:10 AM
...by the way there is apparently a special grip that the guy uses for the guillotine choke... I think it is called the 10 fingers guillotine. I believe it was explainned like a year ago on the underground but don't recall any details

MerryPrankster probably knows...

truewrestler
12-19-2003, 10:22 AM
Page with 10 best pride bouts or something like that (its in Japanese)

check out the second one down of Fedor x Nog ... Fedor = best ground and pound in the sport

http://sports.yahoo.co.jp/fight/pride/event/detail/best.html

Meat Shake
12-19-2003, 10:36 AM
Excellent clips.
Thanks for the links.

Chang Style Novice
12-19-2003, 10:40 AM
What Sheet Make said. I watched every clip on that Japanese page, and now I have a fractured skull just from lookin'.

Ford Prefect
12-19-2003, 11:02 AM
I'm almost positive that he didn't have an arm in when he finished. The finish was strange

I'll check tonight. I'm pretty sure that was UFC Brazil and I have that on tape. It was a pretty good UFC if I remember... Tank - Rizzo ; Frank Shamrock - Lober ; Vitor - Vanderlei

truewrestler
12-19-2003, 01:19 PM
thanks