PDA

View Full Version : White Stripes/reality fighting

Chang Style Novice
12-18-2003, 03:04 PM
Looks like them new generation punk rockers will really do ya over. (http://www.nme.com/news/107058.htm)

jun_erh
12-18-2003, 04:59 PM
Do not **** with Jack White

Kristoffer
12-19-2003, 04:23 AM
nice

norther practitioner
12-19-2003, 09:31 AM
I saw this...

crazy stuff.

Chang Style Novice
12-19-2003, 09:37 AM
Do you mean you saw the news or the fight? Apparently each side is claiming the other got violent first (big surprise.) If you witnessed the ruckus, I'm curious to know what you saw swing first.

CrippledAvenger
12-19-2003, 09:38 AM
Meh. Not as impressive as the time I saw Mike Ness take a beer bottle to the head and finish the song before trying to kill the chump who threw it.

Still, glad to see some punk rawkers kicking ass out there.

Chang Style Novice
12-19-2003, 09:40 AM
I wasn't in the pit at the time, but at a 7 Seconds show I was at, some dumb fu(kin' skin took out a straight razor while moshing.

Also, I saw some Nazi skins try to bumrush Fishbone on stage once. That got messy.

Ralphie
12-19-2003, 09:46 AM
I saw 7 Seconds in 1988 at Fenders Ballroom...that was a great show. It was 103 f'in degrees, but was the best pit I've ever been in. If you fell, 5 people were there to pick you back up. I'm surprised skin heads showed up to one of their shows. As Jello Biafra once said "Nazi Punks, Fu(k off"

norther practitioner
12-19-2003, 10:08 AM
Wasn't there... I've seen some interesting stuff at some punk shows too... I love the old use the mic stand to bat people back from the stage routine.

Meat Shake
12-19-2003, 10:14 AM
"If you fell, 5 people were there to pick you back "
Yeah, thats how it is here at every concert pretty much.

Gotta say tho, you dont know moshpit until youve been to one in texas. Ive even read tons of accounts from bands to metal magazine and the like, that texas has by far the most hard core pits...
But its fun. :)
From what i understand, even at the pantera show people were helping each other up. Hed P.E. told the crowd to help each other up, and Chino of the deftones has stopped songs to tell people to help someone up.

Chang Style Novice
12-19-2003, 10:15 AM
Yeah, most pits I've been in have been pretty safe and friendly. Of course, that was the good ol' days, and most were in a pretty hippy town (Austin.) I don't go to many punk shows anymore, but I hear the di(khead contingent has grown considerably.

dwid
12-19-2003, 11:21 AM
Meh. Not as impressive as the time I saw Mike Ness take a beer bottle to the head and finish the song before trying to kill the chump who threw it.

Mike Ness is hilarious. I once saw him stop a show to go off on a guy with the longest and most insulting string of obscenities I've ever witnessed.

It turned out later that the guy had come with a group of people from my home town.

:D

shaolin kungfu
12-19-2003, 11:22 AM
The white stripes are not punk

CrippledAvenger
12-19-2003, 11:23 AM
What's even better (IMO) about Mike Ness is that he's like 5'2" and ripped. He's like an angry umpalumpa covered in jailhouse tattoos. :D

Meat Shake
12-19-2003, 11:24 AM
No one ever really heard much about Sal, the jailhouse oompaloompa.

CrippledAvenger
12-19-2003, 11:32 AM
The White Stripes are about as punk as the MC5. The prosecution rests.

dwid
12-19-2003, 12:04 PM
What's even better (IMO) about Mike Ness is that he's like 5'2" and ripped. He's like an angry umpalumpa covered in jailhouse tattoos.

Yeah, and he's like Henry Rollins. You look at pictures of either one of them early in their careers, and they're skinny as hell. Then both of them started hitting the weights. In Ness' case, I'm sure getting off the junk probably didn't hurt in terms of de-skinnyfying.

Anyway, I've seen Rollins do some pretty funny stuff at shows too. Back in like '92 at this one show, this kid kept stage diving and kicking Rollins on his way off the stage. The third time he did it, Rollins just leans out and grabs him out of the air by his shirt. He didn't even strain, you would have thought he was grabbing a piece of paper or something. Anyway, he pulls the dude onto stage and just tosses him to a bouncer. F-ing hilarious.

jun_erh
12-20-2003, 10:39 AM
Rollins and Ness are also similar in that they were way way better when they were skinny and ****ed up.

Xebsball
03-03-2004, 08:02 PM
Jack and Holly: Well it's true that we love one another
Holly: I love Jack White like a little brother
Jack: Well Holly I love you too but there's just so much that I don't know about you

Holly: Jack give me some money to pay my bills
Jack: All the dough I give you Holly you been using on pain pills
Holly: Jack will you call me if you're able?
Jack: I got your phone number written in the back of my bible
Holly: Jack I think your pulling my leg
And I think maybe I better ask Meg
Meg do you think Jack really loves me?
Meg: You know, I don't care because Jack really bugs me
Why don't you ask him now?
Holly: Well I would but Meg I really just don't know how
Meg: Just say 'Jack , do you adore me?'
Jack: Well I would Holly but love really bores me
Jack and Holly: Then i guess we should just be friends
Jack: I'm just kidding Holly
You know that I'll love you 'til the end

Jack: Well Holly I love you too but there's just so much that I don't know about you

Jack: Holly give me some of your English lovin'
Holly: If I did that Jack I'd have one in the oven
Why don't you go off and just love yourself
Jack: If I did that Holly there won't be anything left for anybody else
Holly: Jack it's too bad about the way you look
Jack: You know I gave that horse a carrot so he'd break your foot
Meg: Will the two of you cut it out
And tell 'em what it's really all about

FatherDog
03-04-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
Looks like them new generation punk rockers will really do ya over. (http://www.nme.com/news/107058.htm)

I must add my voice to the throng calling for CSN to turn in his hipster card for describing the White Stripes as "punk". :D

SifuAbel
03-04-2004, 01:25 PM
Oh man!. Jack White will be wearing stripes. That was way above self defense.

rubthebuddha
03-04-2004, 02:06 PM
short and big? two words: danzig.

Chang Style Novice
03-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Gimme a ****in' break. If I had a Mark E Smith picks a fight link I'd post it-uh.:p

Anyway, I mentioned elsewhere I love Missy Elliott, so obviously 'cred' means jack sh!t to me.

rubthebuddha
03-05-2004, 12:44 AM
you just like her for the puffy clothes. they match your hammer pants that you still won't admit to saving. :mad:

IronFist
03-05-2004, 01:42 AM
White Stripes are cool...

...if you like bands that can write an entire song using only two chords.

I'd prefer Dream Theater :D

But to each their own :)

Chang Style Novice
03-05-2004, 06:52 AM
Sometimes two chords is one chord too many. Sometimes it's even two chords too many.

But not always. If you like fancy playing, try this duet out of Sacramento called Hella (http://www.hellaband.com/).

MasterKiller
03-05-2004, 01:09 PM
Front 242 pwns joo!

rubthebuddha
03-05-2004, 05:49 PM
i knew MK had merit. :D

speaking of bands with skill on only two chords, is it pure coincidence that the presidents of the usa are currently gracing my eardrums?

Chang Style Novice
03-05-2004, 07:15 PM
Now playing: Wire, Pink Flag. Aw, yeah!

MasterKiller
03-06-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
i knew MK had merit. :D When I was a skater punk in high school, we regularly listened to Nietzer Ebb, Front Line Assembly, Front 242, Skinny Puppy, JFA, Black Flag, Danzig, Siouxie Sioux, My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult, etc... well, that, and a heavy dose of NWA and Public Enemy.

My favorite dance song is still Front 242's Headhunter v1.0.....

Face2Fist
03-07-2004, 11:33 AM
since this forum has turned into "when musicians attack" i have one agonistic front a hardcore band from nyc.
they were wild, once in a show some guy was heckling them and they got off the stage and pound the guy. ahhh the good old days, when it was about music and a**whoopin.

Chang Style Novice
07-06-2004, 05:15 PM
http://www.themetalshow.com/danzig.mpg

Glenn Danzig gets KTFO.

red5angel
07-07-2004, 06:48 AM
It's too bad you really can't see anything in this video. The shove and a shot to Danzig's head but after that it's all the back of peoples heads and "fukk you a$$hole".......

Chang Style Novice
07-07-2004, 07:14 AM
You can see a little more than that. Mr. Misfit drops like a tonnabrix and in the following seconds you can see a couple of people helping him back to his feet. It was pretty clear to me the 'fight' was over.

red5angel
07-07-2004, 07:30 AM
I saw him getting up, or people helping him up, I couldn't tell if there was still a fight going after that though.

Repulsive Monkey
07-08-2004, 10:03 AM
I really love "Too dark park" by Skinny Puppy.
And well, for Front 242 I always liked Headhunter.

It all kind a fell in at a time when I was hooked to Listening to "Just in case you didn't feel like turning up" Live by Ministry and all the others I used to listen to at the time eg; Godflesh, Drag-racing underground stuff, Yardstick, Acid horse. After that I got into Drum and Bass.