PDA

View Full Version : i am in the hospital

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-18-2003, 05:38 PM
i don't know why i update you guys with everything terrible that happens to me as it happens, but i like to so here i am.

i said last week that i had the chicken pox. after it spread for a weak and began to hurt extremely bad i went back to the doctor and they said sometimes adult chicken pox can hurt and sent me away again. keep in mind this didnt even look anything like chicken pox or shingels. it was all one big rash covering my entire chest and back and working on covering all of my arms and legs. but i figured what the **** do i know, and went home with my new medicine. within 2 days my legs hurt so bad i was not able to walk.

i was admited into the hospital monday. they said that i have had "some type of reaction to something" and asked if i had been taking any new medicines. i said that i had only taken an ibuproffen a day or two i broke out and the only new thing i have had in months was egnogg. after telling the dermatalogist this he just kind of stood their writing for a couple minutes. i asked if we would be able to determine what caused it. he said nope. i asked what i should avoid and he told me that he'd not take ibuproffen or drink egnogg again. i congradulated him on a degree well earned.

anyway the rash is going away very quickly with the seroids they have been giving me and they said it's most likely stephen johnsons disease. the good news is that it could indicate a recurrance of cancer and i'll not know for a while. provided no unforseen setbacks such as spontaneous combustion or the like, ill still be out of here tomorrow or saturday though.

whatever god i ****ed off i do sincerely apologize.

rubthebuddha
12-18-2003, 05:47 PM
sorry to hear it, gda. also sorry you have such incredible doctors around to support you. ten years of college, and all you get from him is "no more ibu or nog."

i vote we have sevenstar go puterkapala him. :mad:

Starchaser107
12-18-2003, 06:31 PM
have a speedy recovery my man.

Heruka
12-18-2003, 06:48 PM
GDA, well at least now your balls ARE covered in puss dripping sores like you always wanted. :)

old jong
12-18-2003, 07:30 PM
You'll get better buddy.

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-18-2003, 07:37 PM
heruka ....
GDA, well at least now your balls ARE covered in puss dripping sores like you always wanted.

ha ... well so far my genitiles have been the only part of me mostly spared by the spread of the rash. there are a couple spots that hit it though.

old jong
12-18-2003, 07:53 PM
I assume by your picture on the left that you are really not well!...I know a lot of people with faces like that and there is no known cure!...:(

joedoe
12-18-2003, 08:34 PM
Hey GDA, sorry to hear you are being tormented again. Hope you get better soon.

Shaolinlueb
12-18-2003, 09:04 PM
well the important thing is that you're getting better.

Chang Style Novice
12-18-2003, 09:06 PM
Did you offer Ganesh a peanut? You really shouldn't do that.

SevenStar
12-18-2003, 09:47 PM
I agree with RTB. Gimme his address and I'll give him an early Christmas present.

Get better soon bud.

SevenStar
12-18-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
Did you offer Ganesh a peanut? You really shouldn't do that.

isn't Gonesh an elephant?

Chang Style Novice
12-18-2003, 09:58 PM
Ganesh is a God who was decapitated by his dad when he was a baby. His mom got upset and made Dad go find him another head. Dad was a lazy sort, though, and just grabbed the first one he could find, which belonged to an elephant.

Also, he wasn't so much a baby as carved out of sandalwood.

They don't make 'em like that anymore.

rubthebuddha
12-18-2003, 10:05 PM
sounds a lot like the jackson family.

anyhoo, much speeditude to gda's recovery, and much puterkapalaicity to the lousy doctors.

Chang Style Novice
12-18-2003, 10:09 PM
Yeah, incompetent MDs should definitely be subjected to nasty asswhompin' techs.

Heal up fast, GDA - you're due for a run of good health luck.

FatherDog
12-18-2003, 10:31 PM
Geez, you can't catch a break, can ya, GDA? Get well soon. Beer and rest await you at home.

Cody
12-18-2003, 10:45 PM
Wow! I've never heard of this, but found info after effort. a serious drug allergy syndrome generally, but can have viral or bacterial root as well. It can get really rough. often mistaken for severe chicken pox. Ibuprofen was mentioned as a common culprit. Also, that upon recovery, to watch out for new allergies.

I'm glad you got diagnosed and hope your recovery is uneventful.

Wishing you well and wellness,
Cody

Cheese Dog
12-18-2003, 10:50 PM
Get well soon, GDA.

We're all betting on you!

I got 3 to 1- -GDA over the rash.

Bluesman
12-18-2003, 11:39 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
[B]i don't know why i update you guys with everything terrible that happens to me as it happens, but i like to so here i am.

they said it's most likely stephen johnsons disease.

I thought for a moment that you were going to tell us that you had Ed Zachery disease.
This woman had gone to the doctor over her hip. The little Chinese doctor had told her to put on the funny gown and he would be back in. When he returned, he did his examination and finished it with having her crawl to and from the wall. He told her that she had the worst case of Ed Zachery's disease that he had ever seen. She asked what that was. He replied "It's when your face looks Ed Zachery like your but.

Kristoffer
12-19-2003, 04:14 AM
that sucks, sue his ass!

wall
12-19-2003, 04:22 AM
Well look at it on the bright side, at least it's clearing up quick and you'll be 100% in a few days, and the 2 things you might be allergic too are reasonably irrelevant to daily life / diet / etc.

I've known a person that after chemio developed allergic intollerances to heaps of stuff, she is perfectly healthy and fit now but eating is such a painshe has to basically bring food from home every time she goes out.

So eggnog you can do without ;)

Well you are seriously due for at least a decade of complete health now, not even a flu! :)

All the best,

Wall

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-19-2003, 06:00 AM
thanks for all the nice words guys. seriously. it's nice to log in here at the hosptial and see people wishing me well.

hopefully ill be out of here in just a little while. the one doctor who told me that we probably wont know what caused it is very likely correct, i shouldn't have made it sound like he might not be, just that he's an *******. he seriously acted like he was paying me to come see him.

my cancer doctor should be in here before too long to say whether or not i can leave for sure. ill be pushing hard to get out of here so hopefully my next post will be from the comfort of home holding a honey brown.

Serpent
12-19-2003, 06:11 AM
Die, you septic punk.

Volcano Admim
12-19-2003, 06:46 AM
most fast recoveries to GDA

Ganesha is much more cooler than Ganesh, fock that gotta be the fockin english way of spelling -> "Ganesh" how focking disgusting
you americans always butching the other languages
Ganesha is most correct

blooming lotus
12-19-2003, 06:54 AM
dude that sounds like soe nasty **** to have happen but have no dooubt, tcm, qigong and moxibustion has cured any people of worse. If you're not into that, other people have healed theseklves through the power of positive thought. Check it out, it's not like it's gonna kill ya :p

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-19-2003, 06:55 AM
thanks serp.

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-19-2003, 07:03 AM
blooming lotus ... that's actually stuff i have been considering looking into but im not real sure where to even start. my sifu does wudan and pukulan, but he's got more of a mma attitude than some of the mma guys around here. he's into meditation and the like, but not to the degree that i think i am looking for considering my reasons for getting into it.

any info would of where i might get started would be appreciated. hell any dietery info would be appreciated at this point. i need to do something other than accept ill eventually have to go through round two of cancer.

blooming lotus
12-19-2003, 07:21 AM
I'm no oncologist so I wont even try to pretend. I a qualified in nutiruion though so I would reccommend foods as close to their raw state as possible and unless your doctor tells you otherwise stay away from white grains, flours etc. Any qigong is going to help but I would also do a net search for local tcm practitioners. ake sure yuo find one who lists qigong and moxibustion services. Maybe you should ask in that thread. I' sure someone will be able to give you something to work with if your searches dont.
You sure you're not just there for the nurses?

Suntzu
12-19-2003, 07:43 AM
keep ya head up.....

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-19-2003, 07:49 AM
I would reccommend foods as close to their raw state as possible and unless your doctor tells you otherwise stay away from white grains, flours etc.

see i hear that a lot, but im not even really sure what that means aside from a raw carrot or something. i understand the general idea that processed foods are bad but not how to get away from them. i don't eat fast food as it is, but live off of things like tuna helper and macaroni and cheese. meet and pasta is pretty much all i eat and i imagine that counts as proccessed food. are there any good sites or anything that might help me get started. i mean im not out to make this a religion like some people do, i think that's got just as many negative side effects as good, but i do want to make some major improvements.

norther practitioner
12-19-2003, 08:04 AM
he told me that he'd not take ibuproffen or drink egnogg again. i congradulated him on a degree well earned.

Get well soon... and I'm glad to see you still have your sense of humor.

Meat Shake
12-19-2003, 08:17 AM
Im sorry to hear that dude...
I hope for the best.
Be well, best wishes that you are healthy for the holidays.

Meat Shake
12-19-2003, 08:18 AM
If it makes ya feel any better Ive had to pay 40$ 2 nights in a row for pop a lock cause I locked my keys in the car...
The same guy came last night as the night before... he was like "You again? Stoner."

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-19-2003, 09:11 AM
ha that's pretty funny.

i have yet to lock my keys in my car, but i never leave them in there and my car is always unlocked anyway. satan usually comes with me wherever i go and most people don't want no part of him to get anywhere near my car.

txwingchun
12-19-2003, 09:34 AM
Sorry to hear that gda, sometimes life really likes to take a messy sh it on you not much can be done about it except say fu ck it and keep going.

"Life is not like a bowl of cherries....It's a giant dirty as shole and I'm the toilet paper"

FatherDog
12-19-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
see i hear that a lot, but im not even really sure what that means aside from a raw carrot or something. i understand the general idea that processed foods are bad but not how to get away from them. i don't eat fast food as it is, but live off of things like tuna helper and macaroni and cheese. meet and pasta is pretty much all i eat and i imagine that counts as proccessed food.

You can get whole wheat pasta, for not much more than the regular kind. If you have the spare cash, you can get a pasta maker and make your own with whole wheat flour.

For meat, buy freerange and cook it yourself, and you're pretty much fine.

Basically, whenever you can, buy the basic building blocks of food instead of the finished product. Instead of a can of pasta sauce, buy fresh tomatoes and veggies and make your own. Instead of a can of soup, buy a chicken and stuff and cook your own soup.

Buy organic whenever you can, buy free-range meat whenever you can, and stick to the basic building blocks, and you cut out a hell of a lot of unhealthy garbage from your diet.

Meat Shake
12-19-2003, 10:01 AM
"satan usually comes with me wherever i go and most people don't want no part of him to get anywhere near my car."

Yeh, he goes with me everywhere too... But its not my car people dont want near, its me, when he makes me start speaking in tounges and my head spins full 360's, with bright green vomit projecting everywhere from all of my orifices.

fa_jing
12-19-2003, 01:27 PM
'sup G-diddy. My money's on it being an allergy. Did they do a blood-workup? I'm wondering about your liver enzymes.

about 70%-80% of "Doctors" aren't worth it IMO. But the good ones, we have to be really thankful for them. I come across good ones from time to time. But have seen way more bad ones - there's a saying in Spanish regarding doctors being "Matasanos"...meaning killers of healthy people. In your case they just took your money and gave you some drugs that your pharmacist should have been the one to take care of.

Anyway whatever your outward cynical attitude is, I hope you practice positive thinking, it's your body and your mind affects your body. Think of yourself as strong, part of your environment, part of the whole of the Universe, child of God, everything is everything, unite with the Tao, quiet the mind, rub your kidneys, sit cross legged and fold your hands next to your Dan Tien. Read Dr. Yang's books, take some Ginseng, or drink a Coke, take your kid outside, find a way to be thankful. Cultivate an Inner Smile and your organs will thank you for it. Meditate with peace and quiet. Stay away from the bullsh!t.

Learn to prepare beans. After you boil them for a long time, you seperately sautee diced tomatoes, scallions, onions, either cilantro or parsely (but not both), throw a "maggi" boulion cube in there, add some Thyme maybe, some fresh garlic, then throw it on top of the beans and cook the whole thing together for a few more minutes. Good with rice and a fried egg. Brown rice, or Basmati or Jasmine rice. Chicken soup with bay leaves, allspice, potatoes, scallion, garlic, salt, pepper, etc. Eat avocados. Spaghetti's alright but spring for the $1.19/lb imported stuff and don't eat huge amounts. Eat fish. Learn what fish you like (perhaps not trout/salmon) and figure out how to prepare it so that you like it (fried?)

blooming lotus
12-19-2003, 02:47 PM
having drama posting ....just checking

Kristoffer
12-20-2003, 05:44 AM
What race is Satan?

rubthebuddha
12-20-2003, 12:15 PM
caucasian, of course. :D

sorry, it was there. i believe satan is a german shep.

IronFist
12-20-2003, 12:20 PM
GDA, my sister was given penicillin (spelling) for something once, and she turned out to be allergic to it, and her whole body got covered in rashes. When she went to the doctor they told her it was chicken pox. Later, tho, they realized that it was a penicillin allergy. So, like you said, what you have may very well be an allergy to something.

Speedy recovery.

ZIM
12-20-2003, 12:21 PM
ASK FOR FREQUENT FLYER MILES THIS TIME!!!!

:D

Seriously, sorry to hear it! Get better soon!

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-20-2003, 12:42 PM
well im healing up for life's next big joke as far as i know.

they released me yesterday still not having any of the actual results back yet, but im happy to be home none the less. i should have more info early this week.

they got me on some type of steroids which make me hungery as hell. i have eaten 5 times since 7 am and im looking up recipies for stuff now. i think im going to have at this eating better thing.

Serpent
12-21-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
thanks serp.

****, you're still alive?

:mad:

anton
12-21-2003, 02:25 AM
My $0.02 - eat more seafood and use extra virgin olive oil instead of veggie/peanut/sunflower oil. If you need to fry something on high heat, like chinese food, avocado oil is a good alternative to peanut.

Kristoffer
12-21-2003, 05:15 AM
skidaddle