PDA

View Full Version : breaken stuff

Crouching Tiger
08-25-2000, 09:23 AM
I guess most of you guys break stuff, right?

when you hit some guy like you break a brike or a wooden board, in the head, does it feel the same? I used to break boards easy, but when i hit a guy, my hand broke in 3 places. Took it about a year to feel the same again. Now I ussualy kick the boards, but I never hit a brick yet. Is it the same as breaking a head?

totallyfrozen
08-25-2000, 12:52 PM
Well, in my school, we don't break boards and bricks. One of my sensei's favorite sayings comes from Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon. He said, "Boards don't hit back" So we don't break stuff.
However, a persons head is round...not flat like a board...so it can absorb and enormous impact without damage. Also, a person's head is going to be moving (at least a little) which will mess with your range and timing, right?
Also, even though the skull is a bone, all the stuff in and around the skull isn't...adding to the flexibility of the target.
In a nutshell, a human head is not as brittle as a board...AND...the bone is bigger than the bones in your hand...AND...it is round making it able to absorb alot of shock; where as, your hand is not.

------------------
"There is only ONE martial art"

Crouching Tiger
08-26-2000, 07:46 AM
Hey man - thanks for the info, I really appreciate it!

I broke some pine boards a last week - smashed through them with the old karate punch - no problem. I think this is the easiset wood to break though. Any clue what the next level of wood I should try?

Oh yeah, I love Bruce Lee too! but he was a master board breaker too - I think he jsut said that in his movie.

overdemon
08-26-2000, 08:40 AM
Kung fu don't break boards
if you wanna break bricks
break it without a bridge
just on the floor /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

8stepsifu
08-26-2000, 09:01 AM
May I suggest getting a "BOB". They are awesome. A bit flimsy and wobbly, but the angles for smacking someone are as good as you can get. BTW when are they gonna make robots for us to train with?