PDA

View Full Version : Ron Teeguarden's herbal formulas

ketchup
12-23-2003, 11:13 PM
Wondering if anyone here has any experience or thoughts about these products at www.toolsforwellness.com/ronteeguarden.html they look excellent to me, I'd especially like to try the microscosmic orbit formula (for opening the microcosmic orbit and sealing jing), plus the supreme creation one (jing tonic). Thoughts?

vikinggoddess
12-24-2003, 06:44 AM
Looks too expensive: > $20 for 100 pills, and pills are really never as strong as the raw herbs. go to www.herb-king.com and you can find reasonalbe prices $7/lb of raw herb schizandra/wu wei zi. Also lycium/ gou qi zi you can get in the Chinese grocery store or online in bulk. They look like red raisins and you can just eat them. Why pay for pills?

I'm sure this guy is a good herbalist, but you need a good herbalist when you have a problem and need a tailor made formula. You can take the herbs to prevent aging, etc on your own with a little research and a lot less $. If not why not just get the some Huang Qi/ Astragalus root, use it in soups casseroles, etc and eat the gou qi zi. There are lots of other tonics you can incorporate into your diet as well.

ketchup
12-25-2003, 11:56 AM
Thanks for your response. I guess one justification for the prices might be the quality of the ginsengs and deer antler in some of the formulas. I checked out the herb king site and yours as well, by the way. Pretty cool. Coincidentally, it looks like the storefront location of herb king is right near a Ron teeguarden's herbal emporium in Santa Monica, unless its the same place.

GeneChing
01-07-2004, 11:44 AM
My wife was certified by his Ron's wife, Iona, in Jin Shin Do. Iona was quite a character, but I never met Ron. My wife still practices JSD a bit, but not so much any more. From what little I learned of the system, JSD seemd like a simplification of acupuncture, but it got results - her clients were satisfied - and you can never fault that.

vikinggoddess
01-07-2004, 12:04 PM
no puncture in jin shin do though, right? for sure iona is more famous than her husband.

GeneChing
01-08-2004, 11:19 AM
It's mainly a two-point acupressure. You do these holds, pressing two points simultaneous, not that hard but for long periods. It's amazing in that you'll get these qi releases, the limb will suddenly jump or shake, after a long hold. The holds don't seem like much on their own, but when the releases occur, it's quite refreshing. I've experienced it myself and found it to be rejuvenating on a subtle yet palpable level.