PDA

View Full Version : fight agains some one with a nunchaku?

overdemon
08-25-2000, 10:40 PM
hey this is my first MA post and a fist non h4ck3r post! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I've been playing with nunchucks for about 10 years(sincs I was 12 I think)
Now I wanna know if some one has been atack with this weapon?
how do you defend yourself with some thing that is faster than a knife and hurt like hell if you got hit on the head!
(a bare hand defence)

overdemon
08-25-2000, 10:42 PM
sorry about the topic
"how to defence yourself agains a nunchuck"

vingtsunstudent
08-26-2000, 12:25 AM
i used to train with a guy who would just step in & grab them at the chain.although i
never tried this myself he used to assure me quite adamently that it was easy,you just had to commit yourself.

jimmy23
08-26-2000, 04:44 AM
close the gap,jam the weapon,grab the chain ,shoot in,blast the legs,etc,etc.
I dont feel that chucks are the best street weapons,although Bruce sure made them look awesome.Id mauch rathert have a blade than chucks,just my preference.

blacktsun
08-26-2000, 08:04 PM
The best defense against nunchaku is with another weapon, such as a sword or a jo or bo. However, since walking down the streets with this weapons is generally frowned upon and they can be rather hard to conceal, another pair of nunchaku can be just as effective. When your opponent attacks you, aim for connecting either handle to handle or chain to chain.

If you connect handle to handle, it will kill the momentom of both weapons, leaving you both open. As a result, I prefer connecting chain to chain.

If you connect chain to chain, be ready to abandon your nunchaku in a heartbeat. A good chain to chain connection will entangle both nunchaku. This being the case, discard, or better yet, throw your nunchaku. With you nunchaku entangled with your attackers, the extra weight will either pull his out of his hands or swing his arm wide. This, in theory, will bring it back to empty hand fighting.

WARNING: If your attacker is good enough with nunchaku, he could use the extra weight added by your nunchaku and the momentom from your throw/discard in his next attack!!!

If you are unarmed, either run or step in as described above. Personally, I prefer to step to the outside of the swing, at a 45 degree angle, ducking under the attack as I side step, and launching a ridge hand, hammer fist, tiger's claw, ect. ect. ect. ....

Kyoshu
08-27-2000, 05:36 AM
I have easily defended myself from nunchaku with arnis. I have sparred a couple of kubudo weapon stylists and have found that they have enough trouble blocking my attacks, let alone have enough thime to make an attack themselves.

Kyoshu

yamato_damashii
08-27-2000, 03:08 PM
Nunchaku have to swing to strike effectively; jabbing with them is pretty weak. While the swing is in progress, the striking portion of the weapon is trailing behind the hand holding it; try striking a pressure point in the arm.